Certificate error

Dawn

Certificate error
I recently installed IE 7 and I use Windows XP. Everytime recently when I go
to my bank website,I get the Certificate error.I contacted my bank and they
said the site is secure.I then contacted Norton and they uninstalled and
reinstalled it and still same error.I then went to Microsoft.com and
installed a hotfix and it still kept happening.I checked my content and
privacy tabs.It says to allow the website but it still gives me the same
certificate error.Help!
Leonard Grey

Re: Certificate error
And the full text of the "certificate error" is...?

Did you have the same problem with IE 6?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Dawn wrote:
> I recently installed IE 7 and I use Windows XP. Everytime recently when I go
> to my bank website,I get the Certificate error.I contacted my bank and they
> said the site is secure.I then contacted Norton and they uninstalled and
> reinstalled it and still same error.I then went to Microsoft.com and
> installed a hotfix and it still kept happening.I checked my content and
> privacy tabs.It says to allow the website but it still gives me the same
> certificate error.Help!

Dawn

Re: Certificate error
There is a problem with this website's security certificate. The security
certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.
Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or
intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this
webpage and do not continue to this website. No this never happened with IE 6
and this just happened 3 days ago.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> And the full text of the "certificate error" is...?
>
> Did you have the same problem with IE 6?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Dawn wrote:
> > I recently installed IE 7 and I use Windows XP. Everytime recently when I go
> > to my bank website,I get the Certificate error.I contacted my bank and they
> > said the site is secure.I then contacted Norton and they uninstalled and
> > reinstalled it and still same error.I then went to Microsoft.com and
> > installed a hotfix and it still kept happening.I checked my content and
> > privacy tabs.It says to allow the website but it still gives me the same
> > certificate error.Help!

Re: Certificate error
Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3?

Is your WinXP machine fully patched at Windows Update and is Automatic
Updates enabled?

Did you only install IE7 recently?

Are your date, time, and time-zone settings all correct, Dawn?

Can you post the link (URL) where you encounter this notice?

> I then contacted Norton and they uninstalled and reinstalled it and
> still same error.

What's Norton got to do with it and what did they uninstall and reinstall?

> I then went to Microsoft.com and installed a hotfix and it still kept
> happening.

What hotfix?

Dawn wrote:
> There is a problem with this website's security certificate. The security
> certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.
> Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or
> intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close
> this
> webpage and do not continue to this website. No this never happened with
> IE
> 6 and this just happened 3 days ago.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>> And the full text of the "certificate error" is...?
>>
>> Did you have the same problem with IE 6?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Dawn wrote:
>>> I recently installed IE 7 and I use Windows XP. Everytime recently when
>>> go to my bank website,I get the Certificate error.I contacted my bank
>>> and
>>> they said the site is secure.I then contacted Norton and they
>>> uninstalled
>>> and reinstalled it and still same error.I then went to Microsoft.com and
>>> installed a hotfix and it still kept happening.I checked my content and
>>> privacy tabs.It says to allow the website but it still gives me the same
>>> certificate error.Help!

Leonard Grey

Re: Certificate error
What is the URL of the website that gives you this error message? (I'm
thinking of phishing.)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Dawn wrote:
> There is a problem with this website's security certificate. The security
> certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.
> Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or
> intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this
> webpage and do not continue to this website. No this never happened with IE 6
> and this just happened 3 days ago.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> And the full text of the "certificate error" is...?
>>
>> Did you have the same problem with IE 6?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Dawn wrote:
>>> I recently installed IE 7 and I use Windows XP. Everytime recently when I go
>>> to my bank website,I get the Certificate error.I contacted my bank and they
>>> said the site is secure.I then contacted Norton and they uninstalled and
>>> reinstalled it and still same error.I then went to Microsoft.com and
>>> installed a hotfix and it still kept happening.I checked my content and
>>> privacy tabs.It says to allow the website but it still gives me the same
>>> certificate error.Help!

Dawn

Re: Certificate error
Actually something strange happened.Me and my nephew(he lives with me)have
seperate log ins and I went to the same site,www.charterone.com,and had no
error at all.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> What is the URL of the website that gives you this error message? (I'm
> thinking of phishing.)
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Dawn wrote:
> > There is a problem with this website's security certificate. The security
> > certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.
> > Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or
> > intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this
> > webpage and do not continue to this website. No this never happened with IE 6
> > and this just happened 3 days ago.
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> >> And the full text of the "certificate error" is...?
> >>
> >> Did you have the same problem with IE 6?
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare humanum est

Dawn

Re: Certificate error
I am running sp3,I meant I recently installed IE8 not 7.I contacted Norton
because it was a security issue I thought.I have Norton.My automatic updates
are enabled and the hotfix is on microsoft.com when you type in certificate
error.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3?
>
> Is your WinXP machine fully patched at Windows Update and is Automatic
> Updates enabled?
>
> Did you only install IE7 recently?
>
> Are your date, time, and time-zone settings all correct, Dawn?
>
> Can you post the link (URL) where you encounter this notice?
>
> > I then contacted Norton and they uninstalled and reinstalled it and
> > still same error.

> What's Norton got to do with it and what did they uninstall and reinstall?
>
> > I then went to Microsoft.com and installed a hotfix and it still kept
> > happening.

> What hotfix?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> Dawn wrote:
> > There is a problem with this website's security certificate. The security
> > certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.
> > Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or
> > intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close
> > this
> > webpage and do not continue to this website. No this never happened with
> > IE
> > 6 and this just happened 3 days ago.
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >> And the full text of the "certificate error" is...?
> >>
> >> Did you have the same problem with IE 6?
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare humanum est

Leonard Grey

Re: Certificate error
Let me be clear: On the account that has the error message, copy and
paste what you see in the Address Bar when you get the error message.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Dawn wrote:
> Actually something strange happened.Me and my nephew(he lives with me)have
> seperate log ins and I went to the same site,www.charterone.com,and had no
> error at all.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> What is the URL of the website that gives you this error message? (I'm
>> thinking of phishing.)
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Dawn wrote:
>>> There is a problem with this website's security certificate. The security
>>> certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.
>>> Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or
>>> intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this
>>> webpage and do not continue to this website. No this never happened with IE 6
>>> and this just happened 3 days ago.

Dawn

Re: Certificate error
I just found out it was an error on my banks website.Everything is fine
now.Thanks anyways.