Can't login into Facebook with Internet Explorer as of Wed 5/27

Sportsluvr

Can't login into Facebook with Internet Explorer as of Wed 5/27
As of yesterday (5/27) whenver I go to to facebook.com and type in my
username and password, nothing happens with Facebook- it just doesn't go
anywhere. I tried logging into facebook on firefox with any problems.

I noticed that when I go to facebook.com in IE, the username box and pasword
box are completely empty instead of them typically having the words appear as
'Email' and "Password' appear in both white boxes that you would type in your
username and password in- that was a red flag that something was up with
facebook's website.

I use both IE6 and IE7 (don't want to upgrade to IE8), and the facebook
problem exist on both versions (some computers use IE6 and some use IE7), and
problem exist with several computers.

I know from past experience these problems between facebook and internet
explorer have to do some unknown 'script' change that Facebook made and it
takes them a while to fix it and we 'patiently' have to wait.

Note: I have tried clearing cache, temp files and cookies, and this does not
solve problem. I feel like Facebook is forcing me to use Firefox.

Is anyone else experiencing these Facebook login problems (particularly
since yesterday- 5/27) when using IE6 or IE7?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Don Varnau

Re: Can't login into Facebook with Internet Explorer as of Wed 5/27
Hi,
Have you tried resetting your modem/router?

If you're running the same security suite or third-party firewall on all
computers, see if the problem persists if that program is disabled.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Sportsluvr" <Sportsluvr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As of yesterday (5/27) whenver I go to to facebook.com and type in my
> username and password, nothing happens with Facebook- it just doesn't go
> anywhere. I tried logging into facebook on firefox with any problems.
>
> I noticed that when I go to facebook.com in IE, the username box and

pasword
> box are completely empty instead of them typically having the words appear

as
> 'Email' and "Password' appear in both white boxes that you would type in

your
> username and password in- that was a red flag that something was up with
> facebook's website.
>
> I use both IE6 and IE7 (don't want to upgrade to IE8), and the facebook
> problem exist on both versions (some computers use IE6 and some use IE7),

and
> problem exist with several computers.
>
> I know from past experience these problems between facebook and internet
> explorer have to do some unknown 'script' change that Facebook made and it
> takes them a while to fix it and we 'patiently' have to wait.
>
> Note: I have tried clearing cache, temp files and cookies, and this does

not
> solve problem. I feel like Facebook is forcing me to use Firefox.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing these Facebook login problems (particularly
> since yesterday- 5/27) when using IE6 or IE7?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!

Sportsluvr

Re: Can't login into Facebook with Internet Explorer as of Wed 5/2
Don,
Thanks for replying.

The problem is not w/ my computer, router, or firewall software. Been
confirmed today on Yahoo's answer board for Facebook users that this problem
of not being able to access Facebook via IE is affecting many users. Seems
to have started yesterday. Only accessing via Firefox works.

I hope others affected by this problem contact facebook tech support at
info@facebook.com because hopefully the more who report it the faster they'll
fix it. I bet it's either a server problem at facebook or another one of
their 'script' changes/updates that is not worling w/ IE. Btw, deactivating
scripts doesn't solve this problem- it's totally on their end.

If you hear anything (i.e. timetable of it being fixed by facebook) please
let me know.
Thx again!

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Have you tried resetting your modem/router?
>
> If you're running the same security suite or third-party firewall on all
> computers, see if the problem persists if that program is disabled.
> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "Sportsluvr" <Sportsluvr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > As of yesterday (5/27) whenver I go to to facebook.com and type in my
> > username and password, nothing happens with Facebook- it just doesn't go
> > anywhere. I tried logging into facebook on firefox with any problems.
> >
> > I noticed that when I go to facebook.com in IE, the username box and

> pasword
> > box are completely empty instead of them typically having the words appear

> as
> > 'Email' and "Password' appear in both white boxes that you would type in

> your
> > username and password in- that was a red flag that something was up with
> > facebook's website.
> >
> > I use both IE6 and IE7 (don't want to upgrade to IE8), and the facebook
> > problem exist on both versions (some computers use IE6 and some use IE7),

> and
> > problem exist with several computers.
> >
> > I know from past experience these problems between facebook and internet
> > explorer have to do some unknown 'script' change that Facebook made and it
> > takes them a while to fix it and we 'patiently' have to wait.
> >
> > Note: I have tried clearing cache, temp files and cookies, and this does

> not
> > solve problem. I feel like Facebook is forcing me to use Firefox.
> >
> > Is anyone else experiencing these Facebook login problems (particularly
> > since yesterday- 5/27) when using IE6 or IE7?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help!

Don Varnau

Re: Can't login into Facebook with Internet Explorer as of Wed 5/2
OK. Just thought I'd toss out an idea or two which might help. ;-) I was
able to login to Facebook with IE6, IE7 & IE8.

> [...]

facebook
> > > problem exist on both versions (some computers use IE6 and some use

IE7),
> > and
> > > problem exist with several computers.
> > >
> > > I know from past experience these problems between facebook and

internet
> > > explorer have to do some unknown 'script' change that Facebook made

and it
> > > takes them a while to fix it and we 'patiently' have to wait.
> > >
> > > Note: I have tried clearing cache, temp files and cookies, and this

does
> > not
> > > solve problem. I feel like Facebook is forcing me to use Firefox.
> > >
> > > Is anyone else experiencing these Facebook login problems

(particularly
> > > since yesterday- 5/27) when using IE6 or IE7?

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Can't login into Facebook with Internet Explorer as of Wed 5/27

"Sportsluvr" <Sportsluvr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90512440-A538-4BAF-955B-427B1D78DD78@microsoft.com...
> As of yesterday (5/27) whenver I go to to facebook.com and type in my
> username and password, nothing happens with Facebook- it just doesn't go
> anywhere. I tried logging into facebook on firefox with any problems.
>
> I noticed that when I go to facebook.com in IE, the username box and pasword
> box are completely empty instead of them typically having the words appear as
> 'Email' and "Password' appear in both white boxes that you would type in your
> username and password in- that was a red flag that something was up with
> facebook's website.
>
> I use both IE6 and IE7 (don't want to upgrade to IE8), and the facebook
> problem exist on both versions (some computers use IE6 and some use IE7), and
> problem exist with several computers.
>
> I know from past experience these problems between facebook and internet
> explorer have to do some unknown 'script' change that Facebook made and it
> takes them a while to fix it and we 'patiently' have to wait.
>

> Note: I have tried clearing cache, temp files and cookies, and this does not
> solve problem.

A workaround for a previous problem with Facebook was to disable
scripting to get past the login page. So changing scripting to prompt
would be my suggestion. If nothing else, using it would improve the
symptom description. ; )

BTW in IE8 instead of having to go through the Security Settings
to get at the Active Scripting setting you can use its Developer Tools
feature (press F12, Disable, Scripting). Unfortunately, you can't
enable prompting that way but it does make it an easier toggle for
scripting.

Alternatively, in earlier versions of IE you could do a similar toggle
by installing the IE Developer's Toolbar. At least I assume it is still
available and usable in those earlier versions.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> I feel like Facebook is forcing me to use Firefox.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing these Facebook login problems (particularly
> since yesterday- 5/27) when using IE6 or IE7?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!

Erla

RE: Can't login into Facebook with Internet Explorer as of Wed 5/27
Hi
I hand the same problem, to solve it you have to go to. Tools – Internet
options – security and remove the mark in “Enable Protected Mode”