Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

How do I get rid of hand pointer in Ie7

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2009
Mike
 

Posts: n/a
How do I get rid of hand pointer in Ie7
Since I installed Ie7 last week I have this annoying hand pointer when I go
on the web. I have tried using control, mouse, resetting for the default
arrow to no avail. Other than using Ie7 the arrow pointer is present for
other computer uses. How do I get rid of the hand and restore the arrow
mouse pointer in Ie7. My operating system is Windows Pro which is up to
date, and I am using the Microsoft intelli mouse wireless explorer which has
the current software installed.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How do I get rid of hand pointer in Ie7
Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3, Mike?

Mike wrote:
> Since I installed Ie7 last week I have this annoying hand pointer when I
> go
> on the web. I have tried using control, mouse, resetting for the default
> arrow to no avail. Other than using Ie7 the arrow pointer is present for
> other computer uses. How do I get rid of the hand and restore the arrow
> mouse pointer in Ie7. My operating system is Windows Pro which is up to
> date, and I am using the Microsoft intelli mouse wireless explorer which
> has
> the current software installed.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2009
Donald Anadell
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How do I get rid of hand pointer in Ie7
Using IE7Pro by any chance?

http://forum.ie7pro.com/viewtopic.php?id=3964

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r222...he-Little-Hand

Good luck,

Donald Anadell


"Mike" <mwosus@yahoo.ie> wrote in message
news:nXcSl.67995$9w4.27777@newsfe08.iad...
> Since I installed Ie7 last week I have this annoying hand pointer when I
> go on the web. I have tried using control, mouse, resetting for the
> default arrow to no avail. Other than using Ie7 the arrow pointer is
> present for other computer uses. How do I get rid of the hand and restore
> the arrow mouse pointer in Ie7. My operating system is Windows Pro which
> is up to date, and I am using the Microsoft intelli mouse wireless
> explorer which has the current software installed.
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2009
Mike
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How do I get rid of hand pointer in Ie7
Yes, I also downloaded and installed Ie pro. The Windows Xp is also is
running with SP3
Thanks


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:e7pqOAI3JHA.1432@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3, Mike?
>
> Mike wrote:
>> Since I installed Ie7 last week I have this annoying hand pointer when I
>> go
>> on the web. I have tried using control, mouse, resetting for the default
>> arrow to no avail. Other than using Ie7 the arrow pointer is present for
>> other computer uses. How do I get rid of the hand and restore the arrow
>> mouse pointer in Ie7. My operating system is Windows Pro which is up to
>> date, and I am using the Microsoft intelli mouse wireless explorer which
>> has
>> the current software installed.

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How do I get rid of hand pointer in Ie7
> Yes, I also downloaded and installed Ie pro

See Donald's reply then.


Mike wrote:
> Yes, I also downloaded and installed Ie pro. The Windows Xp is also is
> running with SP3
> Thanks
>
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e7pqOAI3JHA.1432@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3, Mike?
>>
>> Mike wrote:
>>> Since I installed Ie7 last week I have this annoying hand pointer when I
>>> go
>>> on the web. I have tried using control, mouse, resetting for the default
>>> arrow to no avail. Other than using Ie7 the arrow pointer is present for
>>> other computer uses. How do I get rid of the hand and restore the arrow
>>> mouse pointer in Ie7. My operating system is Windows Pro which is up to
>>> date, and I am using the Microsoft intelli mouse wireless explorer which
>>> has
>>> the current software installed.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2009
VanguardLH
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How do I get rid of hand pointer in Ie7
Donald Anadell wrote:

> "Mike" wrote ...
>>
>> Since I installed Ie7 last week I have this annoying hand pointer
>> when I go on the web. I have tried using control, mouse, resetting
>> for the default arrow to no avail. Other than using Ie7 the arrow
>> pointer is present for other computer uses. How do I get rid of the
>> hand and restore the arrow mouse pointer in Ie7. My operating system
>> is Windows Pro which is up to date, and I am using the Microsoft
>> intelli mouse wireless explorer which has the current software
>> installed.

>
> Using IE7Pro by any chance?
>
> http://forum.ie7pro.com/viewtopic.php?id=3964
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r222...he-Little-Hand


I had to get rid of IE7Pro. Too many of its components fail or cause
problems under IE8. There were too many problems with it even back
under IE7. Yeah, it had crash recovery but then it also caused more
crashes. Nice product but the authors waste too much time on non-
essential features and should instead focus on stability and
compatibility.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orange hand mouse pointer Jim S microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 2 11-12-2008 18:18
Compaq/Synaptics Pointer-Any way to get pointer to go farther for a given pad motion? frank1492 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 02-19-2008 06:46
This is getting out of hand. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Erwin microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 3 10-30-2007 21:11
Report says identity thieves working hand in hand with 'bot herders' Steve Security News 0 03-20-2007 11:02
Report says identity thieves working hand in hand with 'bot herders' Steve Security News 0 03-19-2007 19:24




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:14.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120