Windows cannot find Internet Explorer

michael0116

Windows cannot find Internet Explorer
Every time I try to start Internet Explorer (This occured on IE7 and IE8),
Windows gives me the following error message:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe'. Make
sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file,
click the Start button, and then click Search.

How do I fix this?
Leonard Grey

Re: Windows cannot find Internet Explorer
Locate this file in your unknown version of Windows:

c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe

and double-click on it.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

michael0116 wrote:
> Every time I try to start Internet Explorer (This occured on IE7 and IE8),
> Windows gives me the following error message:
>
> Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe'. Make
> sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file,
> click the Start button, and then click Search.
>

> How do I fix this?

michael0116

Re: Windows cannot find Internet Explorer
I have tried that already.
Same error.

I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Locate this file in your unknown version of Windows:
>
> c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
>
> and double-click on it.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> michael0116 wrote:
> > Every time I try to start Internet Explorer (This occured on IE7 and IE8),
> > Windows gives me the following error message:
> >
> > Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe'. Make
> > sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file,
> > click the Start button, and then click Search.
> >

> > How do I fix this?

Leonard Grey

Re: Windows cannot find Internet Explorer
Do you have a user account with limited permissions?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

michael0116 wrote:
> I have tried that already.
> Same error.
>
> I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3.
>

> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Locate this file in your unknown version of Windows:
>>
>> c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
>>
>> and double-click on it.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> michael0116 wrote:
>>> Every time I try to start Internet Explorer (This occured on IE7 and IE8),
>>> Windows gives me the following error message:
>>>
>>> Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe'. Make
>>> sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file,
>>> click the Start button, and then click Search.
>>>

>>> How do I fix this?

michael0116

Re: Windows cannot find Internet Explorer
No, I have an administrator account.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Do you have a user account with limited permissions?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> michael0116 wrote:
> > I have tried that already.
> > Same error.
> >
> > I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3.
> >

> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> >> Locate this file in your unknown version of Windows:
> >>
> >> c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
> >>
> >> and double-click on it.
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare humanum est

Leonard Grey

Re: Windows cannot find Internet Explorer
Check your NTFS permissions. Start with the C:\...\Internet Explorer folder.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

michael0116 wrote:
> No, I have an administrator account.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Do you have a user account with limited permissions?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> michael0116 wrote:
>>> I have tried that already.
>>> Same error.
>>>
>>> I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3.

Re: Windows cannot find Internet Explorer
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

Start | Run | IEXPLORE.EXE | OK => What happens?

in the background when you installed IE7 (if WinXP) or IE8?

michael0116 wrote:
> Every time I try to start Internet Explorer (This occured on IE7 and IE8),
> Windows gives me the following error message:
>
> Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe'.
> Make
> sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a
> file,
> click the Start button, and then click Search.
>

> How do I fix this?

BIGRAY12603

CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET
WHEN START UP COMPUTER GET AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING FAILED TO CONNECT TO
WINDOWS SERVICE.
Leonard Grey

Re: CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET
To start: When you post in caps in a newsgroup that means you're
shouting at us, and it's a good way to get your post ignored.

Second: You need to supply a lot more details than that if you're hoping
for help.

"How to ask a question"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

will help you to create a question that is more likely to provide the
help you are seeking.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

BIGRAY12603 wrote:
> WHEN START UP COMPUTER GET AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING FAILED TO CONNECT TO
> WINDOWS SERVICE.

Re: CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET
Windows Service â‰* Internet Explorer or "internet"