.../iexplorer.exe Requests Close in Unusual Way - Contact App Sppt

Craig S

.../iexplorer.exe Requests Close in Unusual Way - Contact App Sppt
XP SP3/ESET ESS V4 Security.....This local Univ Jazz Station site
( http://www.samford.edu/groups/wvsu/ ) has a "Listen Now"
Link that closes IE7 when Clk'd with phrase in Subject above. The day before
IE7 worked BUT Firefox 3.0.10 would Not Play music but showed all the other
"last song played", etc data. BOTH browsers were working recently. Both IE7
and FF show I have Flash Player 10,0,22,87 installed successfully.

Any troubleshooting ideas are appreciated.
Alan Edwards

Re: .../iexplorer.exe Requests Close in Unusual Way - Contact App Sppt
Do you mean this?

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
Runtime Error!
Program: c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.
----
Try uninstalling the Google toolbar using Control Panel-Add/Remove.

Another option:
Malware Removal:

Another option:
Another user receiving runtime errors fixed it by disabling McAfee's
Anti-Phishing filter.

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Thu, 7 May 2009 04:51:01 -0700, in
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, Craig S
<CraigS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>XP SP3/ESET ESS V4 Security.....This local Univ Jazz Station site
> ( http://www.samford.edu/groups/wvsu/ ) has a "Listen Now"
>Link that closes IE7 when Clk'd with phrase in Subject above. The day before
>IE7 worked BUT Firefox 3.0.10 would Not Play music but showed all the other
>"last song played", etc data. BOTH browsers were working recently. Both IE7
>and FF show I have Flash Player 10,0,22,87 installed successfully.
>
>Any troubleshooting ideas are appreciated.

Craig S

Re: .../iexplorer.exe Requests Close in Unusual Way - Contact App
Thanks, Alan. The Runtime error Msg IS what you write below.
AT&T Home Page nets Yahoo Toolbar in Ctrl Panel Add-Delete (no Google) and
I'm running MalwareBytes now and will follow with yours.
Only ESET ESS Suite V4, No McAfee.
I DISABLED SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, ESS Firewall & No Change.
In SAFE MODE FF gave me "Error getting "Now Playing" data".
BOTH Browsers/Security Apps, etc. have worked fine prior and others are
accessing this site OK. I Don't know hat has changed to kill both Browsers at
just this site.
Thanks for your assistance.

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> Do you mean this?
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
> Runtime Error!
> Program: c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
> The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
> unusual way.
> ----
> Try uninstalling the Google toolbar using Control Panel-Add/Remove.
>
> Another option:
> Malware Removal:
>
> Another option:
> Another user receiving runtime errors fixed it by disabling McAfee's
> Anti-Phishing filter.
>
> ....Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer
> http://dts-l.com/index.htm
>

> On Thu, 7 May 2009 04:51:01 -0700, in
> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, Craig S
> <CraigS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >XP SP3/ESET ESS V4 Security.....This local Univ Jazz Station site
> > ( http://www.samford.edu/groups/wvsu/ ) has a "Listen Now"
> >Link that closes IE7 when Clk'd with phrase in Subject above. The day before
> >IE7 worked BUT Firefox 3.0.10 would Not Play music but showed all the other
> >"last song played", etc data. BOTH browsers were working recently. Both IE7
> >and FF show I have Flash Player 10,0,22,87 installed successfully.
> >
> >Any troubleshooting ideas are appreciated.

Craig S

Re: .../iexplorer.exe Requests Close in Unusual Way - Contact App
MalwareBytes Clean. Spybot S&D Clean.

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> Do you mean this?
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
> Runtime Error!
> Program: c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
> The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
> unusual way.
> ----
> Try uninstalling the Google toolbar using Control Panel-Add/Remove.
>
> Another option:
> Malware Removal:
>
> Another option:
> Another user receiving runtime errors fixed it by disabling McAfee's
> Anti-Phishing filter.
>
> ....Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer
> http://dts-l.com/index.htm
>

> On Thu, 7 May 2009 04:51:01 -0700, in
> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, Craig S
> <CraigS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >XP SP3/ESET ESS V4 Security.....This local Univ Jazz Station site
> > ( http://www.samford.edu/groups/wvsu/ ) has a "Listen Now"
> >Link that closes IE7 when Clk'd with phrase in Subject above. The day before
> >IE7 worked BUT Firefox 3.0.10 would Not Play music but showed all the other
> >"last song played", etc data. BOTH browsers were working recently. Both IE7
> >and FF show I have Flash Player 10,0,22,87 installed successfully.
> >
> >Any troubleshooting ideas are appreciated.

Re: .../iexplorer.exe Requests Close in Unusual Way - Contact App Sppt
Just reproduced the behavior in IE7/WinXP SP3. Contact WVSU support. The
problem's on their end, not yours/mine.

Craig S wrote:
> XP SP3/ESET ESS V4 Security.....This local Univ Jazz Station site
> ( http://www.samford.edu/groups/wvsu/ ) has a "Listen Now"
> Link that closes IE7 when Clk'd with phrase in Subject above. The day
> before
> IE7 worked BUT Firefox 3.0.10 would Not Play music but showed all the
> other
> "last song played", etc data. BOTH browsers were working recently. Both
> IE7
> and FF show I have Flash Player 10,0,22,87 installed successfully.
>
> Any troubleshooting ideas are appreciated.

Craig S

Re: .../iexplorer.exe Requests Close in Unusual Way - Contact App
Thanks, Robear. Others were saying it worked for them so it may be
intermittent. Will call them.