Turning Off msfeedssync.exe

JamesJ

Turning Off msfeedssync.exe
How do I rurn off msfeedssync.exe? I've looked in ie8 options
and wasn't sure what to change. It runs every 5 minutes
or so triggering my 'Open Program' event sound.

Thanks,
James
Donald Anadell

Re: Turning Off msfeedssync.exe

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> How do I rurn off msfeedssync.exe? I've looked in ie8 options
> and wasn't sure what to change. It runs every 5 minutes
> or so triggering my 'Open Program' event sound.

Have you tried the "Feeds and Web Slices" settings options?

Tools||Internet Options||Content(tab)||Feeds and Web
Slices||Settings(button)

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thanks,
> James

JamesJ

Re: Turning Off msfeedssync.exe
I found that but I'm not sure if I should uncheck
a particular setting or all of them.

James

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> How do I rurn off msfeedssync.exe? I've looked in ie8 options
>> and wasn't sure what to change. It runs every 5 minutes
>> or so triggering my 'Open Program' event sound.

> Have you tried the "Feeds and Web Slices" settings options?
>
> Tools||Internet Options||Content(tab)||Feeds and Web
> Slices||Settings(button)
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

>> Thanks,
>> James

JamesJ

Re: Turning Off msfeedssync.exe
After I replied I unchecked everthing in the Feeds and Slices
Settings but msfeedssync.exe still opens every 5 minutes.

> After I replied I unchecked everthing in the Feeds and Slices
> Settings but msfeedssync.exe still opens every 5 minutes.

Are you sure you removed the checkmark from "Automatically check feeds and
Web Slices for updates"?

When you remove that checkmark it should also remove the User Feed
Synchronization Task from the Task Scheduler. Did you check the Task
Scheduler to see if the Task was actually removed or not after removing the
checkmark?

Control Panel||Scheduled Tasks||Advanced||View Hidden Tasks

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> James
>
> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>> How do I rurn off msfeedssync.exe? I've looked in ie8 options
>>> and wasn't sure what to change. It runs every 5 minutes
>>> or so triggering my 'Open Program' event sound.

>> Have you tried the "Feeds and Web Slices" settings options?
>>
>> Tools||Internet Options||Content(tab)||Feeds and Web
>> Slices||Settings(button)
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> James

JamesJ

Re: Turning Off msfeedssync.exe
I don't see Scheduled Tasks in the Control Panel.
I guess I should go to Administrative Tools|Task Scheduler| But I can't make
heads or tails about anything there. I selected Show Hidden Tasks but I
don't
see User Feed anywhere.
Even though I have all those unchecked msfeedssync.exe opens every 5 minutes
like clockwork.
I can open Task Manager and select the Processes and can see it come and go.

James

> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> After I replied I unchecked everthing in the Feeds and Slices
>> Settings but msfeedssync.exe still opens every 5 minutes.

> Are you sure you removed the checkmark from "Automatically check feeds and
> Web Slices for updates"?
>
> When you remove that checkmark it should also remove the User Feed
> Synchronization Task from the Task Scheduler. Did you check the Task
> Scheduler to see if the Task was actually removed or not after removing
> the checkmark?
>
> Control Panel||Scheduled Tasks||Advanced||View Hidden Tasks
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

>> James
>>
>> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Have you tried the "Feeds and Web Slices" settings options?
>>>
>>> Tools||Internet Options||Content(tab)||Feeds and Web
>>> Slices||Settings(button)
>>>
>>> Good luck,
>>>
>>> Donald Anadell

JamesJ

Re: Turning Off msfeedssync.exe
After much hunting I did find User_Feed_Synchronization in the task
scheduler but
I have no idea how to turn it off from there. I can't find it in Services.
Maybe somethings wrong my IE8.

James

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> After I replied I unchecked everthing in the Feeds and Slices
>> Settings but msfeedssync.exe still opens every 5 minutes.

> Are you sure you removed the checkmark from "Automatically check feeds and
> Web Slices for updates"?
>
> When you remove that checkmark it should also remove the User Feed
> Synchronization Task from the Task Scheduler. Did you check the Task
> Scheduler to see if the Task was actually removed or not after removing
> the checkmark?
>
> Control Panel||Scheduled Tasks||Advanced||View Hidden Tasks
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

>> James
>>
>> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Have you tried the "Feeds and Web Slices" settings options?
>>>
>>> Tools||Internet Options||Content(tab)||Feeds and Web
>>> Slices||Settings(button)
>>>
>>> Good luck,
>>>
>>> Donald Anadell

Re: Turning Off msfeedssync.exe
IE Tools | Internet Options | Content | Feeds | Settings | Automatically
check for... (disable/uncheck)

> After much hunting I did find User_Feed_Synchronization in the task
> scheduler but
> I have no idea how to turn it off from there.

Rightclick on the User_Feed_Synchronization Task and choose "Properties".
On the General Tab of the Properties dialog box, remove the checkmark from
the "Enabled(scheduled task runs at speciied time)" checkbox to disable it.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

>I can't find it in Services.
> Maybe somethings wrong my IE8.
>
> James
>
> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>> After I replied I unchecked everthing in the Feeds and Slices
>>> Settings but msfeedssync.exe still opens every 5 minutes.

>> Are you sure you removed the checkmark from "Automatically check feeds
>> and Web Slices for updates"?
>>
>> When you remove that checkmark it should also remove the User Feed
>> Synchronization Task from the Task Scheduler. Did you check the Task
>> Scheduler to see if the Task was actually removed or not after removing
>> the checkmark?
>>
>> Control Panel||Scheduled Tasks||Advanced||View Hidden Tasks
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> James

JamesJ

Re: Turning Off msfeedssync.exe
I did that a long time ago. In fact I unchecked everything.
But, in looking in |Administrative Tools|Task Scheduler I found
'User_Feed_Synchronization' but was unable to disable it.(no context menu).
I needed to go to |Administrative Tools|Compute Management and from there I
found
User_Feed_Synchronization and did get a context menu and an option to
disable it.
Next thing Vista will want a piece of my finger to disable irrelevant
Processes!!

James