IE8 Accelerator for Shopping (UK)

Dragon

IE8 Accelerator for Shopping (UK)
Hi,

Is there a way to create a custom Accelerator for IE 8 to open multiple
additional tabs and search for an item?

For example; I would like to have an accelerator for Computer shopping which
will open a tab for each of the following sites and perform search for the
selected text

Dabs.com
Scan.co.uk
EBuyer.com

Perhaps another one for regular shopping which will search from the
following:

ebay.co.uk
amazon.co.uk
play.com

etc. Ideally, I should be able to add/remove sites myself. I have read
somewhere that Accelerators are XML based. I can ok with editing XML files
so there is a sample one with perhaps two sites, I can then add additional
sites looking at the example.

Thanks.

rob^_^

Re: IE8 Accelerator for Shopping (UK)
Hi,

No.

Accelerators use Form post or get actions to submit queries to a server. The
search consolidation needs to be done on the server side.

The only XML involved is the Open Search Definition file which is used to
install the Accelerator on the client. Accelerators differ in that they also
include entries for a Preview pane.

You can use a pre-existing service such as A9.com that supports
multiple/customizable search providers or google and live toolbar's custom
search toolbar buttons.

Start with a visit to A9.com or the may be an existing Accelerator for A9
services at ieaddons.com.

Regards.