Frequently Visited Sites in Tabbed Browsing

Miss_V

Frequently Visited Sites in Tabbed Browsing
I'm not sure which version of IE we have installed as I'm not on my home
computer. I've noticed that within the last few weeks, IE has furnished quick
links to the most frequently visited sites when opening a new tab in the
browser window. I was wondering how accurate this is... I found a website in
the list that was shocking, to say the least, and am curious to know if it's
in error or if someone is visiting sites they shouldn't be on my computer.
Leonard Grey

Re: Frequently Visited Sites in Tabbed Browsing
Internet Explorer didn't create that URL from it's imagination.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Miss_V wrote:
> I'm not sure which version of IE we have installed as I'm not on my home
> computer. I've noticed that within the last few weeks, IE has furnished quick
> links to the most frequently visited sites when opening a new tab in the
> browser window. I was wondering how accurate this is... I found a website in
> the list that was shocking, to say the least, and am curious to know if it's
> in error or if someone is visiting sites they shouldn't be on my computer.

Re: Frequently Visited Sites in Tabbed Browsing
Who has access to the computer?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested logs
in an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

Miss_V wrote:
> I'm not sure which version of IE we have installed as I'm not on my home
> computer. I've noticed that within the last few weeks, IE has furnished
> quick links to the most frequently visited sites when opening a new tab in
> the browser window. I was wondering how accurate this is... I found a
> website in the list that was shocking, to say the least, and am curious to
> know if it's in error or if someone is visiting sites they shouldn't be on
> my computer.

Miss_V

Re: Frequently Visited Sites in Tabbed Browsing
It's me and my husband who mainly use the site, and the quicklink was for
links to "adult content". I recognized all of the other sites that appeared
in the list as sites that either of us visit daily (Facebook, Google, his
online forums, etc). This is quite discouraging...Ick.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Who has access to the computer?

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>
> Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested logs
> in an appropriate forum.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>
> **Seek expert assistance in
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup, http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
> or other appropriate forums.**
>
> If these procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
> this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Miss_V wrote:
> > I'm not sure which version of IE we have installed as I'm not on my home
> > computer. I've noticed that within the last few weeks, IE has furnished
> > quick links to the most frequently visited sites when opening a new tab in
> > the browser window. I was wondering how accurate this is... I found a
> > website in the list that was shocking, to say the least, and am curious to
> > know if it's in error or if someone is visiting sites they shouldn't be on
> > my computer.

Leonard Grey

Re: Frequently Visited Sites in Tabbed Browsing
Suggest you scan your computer for malware.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Miss_V wrote:
> It's me and my husband who mainly use the site, and the quicklink was for
> links to "adult content". I recognized all of the other sites that appeared
> in the list as sites that either of us visit daily (Facebook, Google, his
> online forums, etc). This is quite discouraging...Ick.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Who has access to the computer?
>>
>> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>>
>> Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested logs
>> in an appropriate forum.
>>
>> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
>>
>> **Seek expert assistance in
>> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup, http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
>> or other appropriate forums.**
>>
>> If these procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Miss_V wrote:
>>> I'm not sure which version of IE we have installed as I'm not on my home
>>> computer. I've noticed that within the last few weeks, IE has furnished
>>> quick links to the most frequently visited sites when opening a new tab in
>>> the browser window. I was wondering how accurate this is... I found a
>>> website in the list that was shocking, to say the least, and am curious to
>>> know if it's in error or if someone is visiting sites they shouldn't be on
>>> my computer.

Re: Frequently Visited Sites in Tabbed Browsing
Seconded (and consider finding a divorce lawyer)

>>> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/prevention.htm
>>> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
>>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm

>>> http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22,