How do I remove IE8?

Need help removing IE8

How do I remove IE8?
I want to go back to IE7 or IE6, but my Add/Remove Programs does not even
show me the option to Remove when I select it.

Please help!
Stubbo of Oz

Re: How do I remove IE8?
On Tue, 5 May 2009 18:42:01 -0700, Need help removing IE8 <Need help
removing IE8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to go back to IE7 or IE6, but my Add/Remove Programs does not even
>show me the option to Remove when I select it.
>
>Please help!

Google for it - plentyh o fhelp there - search for

uninstall ie8

But why?????

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
VanguardLH

Re: How do I remove IE8?
Need help removing IE8 wrote:

> I want to go back to IE7 or IE6, but my Add/Remove Programs does not even
> show me the option to Remove when I select it.
>
> Please help!

Did you go look in the Add/Remove Programs applet (and showing updates,
too) in Control Panel to see if there was an entry for "Windows Internet
Explorer 8"? For Windows XP, you cannot uninstall IE8 if SP-3 was
installed after the install of IE8. You will need to first uninstall
SP-3 before you can uninstall IE8.

You could also search Microsoft's support knowledgebase at
http://support.microsoft.com/. There are a lot of knowledgebase
articles there many of which are often noted in many replies in the
newsgroups. Doing a search there turned up:

How Do I Uninstall or Remove Internet Explorer 8?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Windows Internet Explorer 8 does not appear in the "Currently Installed
Updates" list in Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/965227

Re: How do I remove IE8?
How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Need help removing IE8 wrote:
> I want to go back to IE7 or IE6, but my Add/Remove Programs does not even
> show me the option to Remove when I select it.
>
> Please help!

TaurArian

Re: How do I remove IE8?
See: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...pport/faq.aspx

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

wrote in message news:B102AFC3-29E4-44D5-971C-5A1EA2668AAF@microsoft.com...
>I want to go back to IE7 or IE6, but my Add/Remove Programs does not even
> show me the option to Remove when I select it.
>
> Please help!

Andrew Becnel

Re: How do I remove IE8?
Yo!

Try backing up your files onto as many jump drives as you need to, then
restart you computer, open "Recovery Manager", and completely reformat the
Windows partition of your hard drive(meaning reformatting your computer back
to its original factory condition), then, return your files to their
respective locations by connecting your jump drives which you backed up your
files on and return them back to their respective locations. That will
return IE7(or IE6, depending on your version of Windows) back to your
computer.

Regards,

J.A.Becnel.

JABX Productions-Entertaining AMERICA!- www.youtube.com/jabxproductions01

"Need help removing IE8" <Need help removing IE8@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:B102AFC3-29E4-44D5-971C-5A1EA2668AAF@microsoft.com...
>I want to go back to IE7 or IE6, but my Add/Remove Programs does not even
> show me the option to Remove when I select it.
>
> Please help!

John Barnett MVP

Re: How do I remove IE8?
You can find out how to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 by clicking on this
link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Once you have uninstalled IE 8.0 Windows will automatically re-install IE
7.0 (or whichever was your last web browser version)

--
John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert

Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com
Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Need help removing IE8" <Need help removing IE8@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:B102AFC3-29E4-44D5-971C-5A1EA2668AAF@microsoft.com...
> I want to go back to IE7 or IE6, but my Add/Remove Programs does not even
> show me the option to Remove when I select it.
>
> Please help!

> signature database 4055 (20090506) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4055 (20090506) __________

http://www.eset.com

Tom B

Re: How do I remove IE8?

"Stubbo of Oz" wrote:

> Google for it - plentyh o fhelp there - search for
>
> uninstall ie8
>
> But why?????

> Stubbo of Oz

Why?

Too many problems, including stalling and:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...6-f45b5e8af5cb