Reported Insecure Browsing: Navigation Blocked

Dan Cotton

Reported Insecure Browsing: Navigation Blocked
I hope someone can help me. Every so often i get this message.

Due to insecure Internet browsing your PC can easily get infected with
viruses, worms and trojans without your knowledge, and that can lead to
system slowdown, freezes and crashes. Also insecure Internet activity can
result in revealing your personal information. To get full advanced real-time
protection for PC and Internet activity, activate WinPC Defender. We
recommend you to protect your PC now and continue safe Internet browsing.

Click here to get full advanced real-time protection and continue browsing.

Continue to this website unprotected (not recommended).

There is nothing wrong with the web sites I visit. ESPN being one of them.
When I click on the other one I an asked to pay for PC Defender. Is there
anything that can be done? Any help would be great.

Thanks, Dan

Re: Reported Insecure Browsing: Navigation Blocked
Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista SP2) when posting to this newsgroup.

If you closed that window/pop-up other than via ending the Process via Task
Manager, your computer has been infected with hijackware.

There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

Dan Cotton wrote:
> I hope someone can help me. Every so often i get this message.
>
> Due to insecure Internet browsing your PC can easily get infected with
> viruses, worms and trojans without your knowledge, and that can lead to
> system slowdown, freezes and crashes. Also insecure Internet activity can
> result in revealing your personal information. To get full advanced
> real-time protection for PC and Internet activity, activate WinPC
> Defender.
> We recommend you to protect your PC now and continue safe Internet
> browsing.
>
> Click here to get full advanced real-time protection and continue
> browsing.
>
> Continue to this website unprotected (not recommended).
>
> There is nothing wrong with the web sites I visit. ESPN being one of them.
> When I click on the other one I an asked to pay for PC Defender. Is there
> anything that can be done? Any help would be great.
>
> Thanks, Dan

Dan Cotton

Re: Reported Insecure Browsing: Navigation Blocked
Sorry about that. I have a Gateway MX3702 with Windows XP Verison 5.1 Service
Pack 3 laptop. I am running up to date Norton 360 protection. Hopr this helps
--
Thanks, Dan