IE8 Application Error

Pat B.

IE8 Application Error
I recently upgraded to IE8, now whenever i exit the program i get the
following application error message. " The instruction at 0x03f9d7d8
referenced memory at 0x03f9d7d8. The memroy could not be "read"." There is an
"ok" button and once I push it, the message disappears. Today I had this same
message appear while using Windows Mail. If I happened to be in internet
explorer when this pops up, the programs does not shut down when I press
"ok". Any suggestions?

Thanks, Pat

Re: IE8 Application Error
Did this happen immediately after installing IE8?

Pat B. wrote:
> I recently upgraded to IE8, now whenever i exit the program i get the
> following application error message. " The instruction at 0x03f9d7d8
> referenced memory at 0x03f9d7d8. The memroy could not be "read"." There is
> an "ok" button and once I push it, the message disappears. Today I had
> this
> same message appear while using Windows Mail. If I happened to be in
> internet explorer when this pops up, the programs does not shut down when
> press "ok". Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Pat

Pat B.

Re: IE8 Application Error
Yes, it did. I did take note after sending this message that the location
number (0x03f9d7d8) referenced has changed when I close ie8 down. The rest of
the message is the same.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Did this happen immediately after installing IE8?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> Pat B. wrote:
> > I recently upgraded to IE8, now whenever i exit the program i get the
> > following application error message. " The instruction at 0x03f9d7d8
> > referenced memory at 0x03f9d7d8. The memroy could not be "read"." There is
> > an "ok" button and once I push it, the message disappears. Today I had
> > this
> > same message appear while using Windows Mail. If I happened to be in
> > internet explorer when this pops up, the programs does not shut down when
> > press "ok". Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks, Pat

Re: IE8 Application Error
1. Does the behavior persist if you've started IE in No Add-ons mode? To
start IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

5. Do you have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
(Just asking, for now)