IE8 Faster?

Bob

IE8 Faster?
When I first installed IE8 it was so slow that I learned to use Firefox. I
have not used IE8 for at least a month. Today, I started using it again and
it is quite fast. Has anyone else noticed an improvement in the speed of IE8
in recent weeks? I don't think I am imagining this change, however, I am not
aware of any recent updates? (I am using XP Pro)

-bob
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 Faster?
If you're referring to the speed with which a completed web page appears
on your monitor, the browser is only one of many factors involved.

Because of this, you really can't say that one browser is faster than
another, particularly since browser software has advanced to where speed
differences among the major browsers attributable solely to software are
negligible.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Bob wrote:
> When I first installed IE8 it was so slow that I learned to use Firefox. I
> have not used IE8 for at least a month. Today, I started using it again and
> it is quite fast. Has anyone else noticed an improvement in the speed of IE8
> in recent weeks? I don't think I am imagining this change, however, I am not
> aware of any recent updates? (I am using XP Pro)
>
> -bob

Re: IE8 Faster?
Something must've changed on your end, Bob (e.g., de-Immunizing Spybot;
running DelDomains.inf; changing, removing, or updating your AV and/or
anti-spyware apps; new internet connection; changes on your ISP's end;
different time of day/day of week [e.g., Spring Break's over]).

Bob wrote:
> When I first installed IE8 it was so slow that I learned to use Firefox. I
> have not used IE8 for at least a month. Today, I started using it again
> and
> it is quite fast. Has anyone else noticed an improvement in the speed of
> IE8
> in recent weeks? I don't think I am imagining this change, however, I am
> not
> aware of any recent updates? (I am using XP Pro)
>
> -bob

D.

Re: IE8 Faster?
is immunizing Spybot not recommended ?
thanks ,
****

> Something must've changed on your end, Bob (e.g., de-Immunizing Spybot;
> running DelDomains.inf; changing, removing, or updating your AV and/or
> anti-spyware apps; new internet connection; changes on your ISP's end;
> different time of day/day of week [e.g., Spring Break's over]).
>
> Bob wrote:
>> When I first installed IE8 it was so slow that I learned to use Firefox.
>> have not used IE8 for at least a month. Today, I started using it again
>> and
>> it is quite fast. Has anyone else noticed an improvement in the speed of
>> IE8
>> in recent weeks? I don't think I am imagining this change, however, I am
>> not
>> aware of any recent updates? (I am using XP Pro)
>>
>> -bob

Re: IE8 Faster?
See this IE8-specific related discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...9478566ac1ee9b

Also see:

Internet Explorer 8 takes longer than expected to start:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969938

D. wrote:
> is immunizing Spybot not recommended ?
>
>> Something must've changed on your end, Bob (e.g., de-Immunizing Spybot;
>> running DelDomains.inf; changing, removing, or updating your AV and/or
>> anti-spyware apps; new internet connection; changes on your ISP's end;
>> different time of day/day of week [e.g., Spring Break's over]).
>>
>> Bob wrote:
>>> When I first installed IE8 it was so slow that I learned to use Firefox.
>>> have not used IE8 for at least a month. Today, I started using it again
>>> and
>>> it is quite fast. Has anyone else noticed an improvement in the speed of
>>> IE8
>>> in recent weeks? I don't think I am imagining this change, however, I am
>>> not
>>> aware of any recent updates? (I am using XP Pro)
>>>
>>> -bob

How to do everything faster Steve Security News 0 04-29-2008 17:50
Which is faster b11_ microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 04-07-2008 23:58
FASTER v1.5 Gamer Games Feed 0 10-15-2007 04:10
what's the faster one... Marc Antheunis microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-28-2007 19:54