Bypass Proxy Server

Keith

Bypass Proxy Server
We are running ISA Server 2004. My computer (Vista, IE7) is generally set up
to connection to the internet through the proxy server. Certain websites,
however, will not open unless I uncheck the "Use a proxy server for your
LAN". The Microsoft Newsgroup website, for example, requires this. Is there
a way to tell IE to bypass the proxy for certain websites so I don't have to
manually navigate to this in internet options? I saw another post suggesting
that MS should create a toolbar button for this, which would be fine as well.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Keith

Re: Bypass Proxy Server
No.

Keith wrote:
> We are running ISA Server 2004. My computer (Vista, IE7) is generally set
> up to connection to the internet through the proxy server. Certain
> websites, however, will not open unless I uncheck the "Use a proxy server
> for your LAN". The Microsoft Newsgroup website, for example, requires
> this. Is there a way to tell IE to bypass the proxy for certain websites
> so I don't have to manually navigate to this in internet options? I saw
> another post suggesting that MS should create a toolbar button for this,
> which would be fine as well. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

Keith

RE: Bypass Proxy Server
I think I'll answer my own question. Near as I can figure, this is a problem
with both IE7 & IE8 (which has a whole bunch of other problems as well). I
decided to download and install Firefox, and it works just fine. I'll
probably just stop using IE. I hope this is helpful to anyone else who
experiences this problem in the future.

Keith

"Keith" wrote:

> We are running ISA Server 2004. My computer (Vista, IE7) is generally set up
> to connection to the internet through the proxy server. Certain websites,
> however, will not open unless I uncheck the "Use a proxy server for your
> LAN". The Microsoft Newsgroup website, for example, requires this. Is there
> a way to tell IE to bypass the proxy for certain websites so I don't have to
> manually navigate to this in internet options? I saw another post suggesting
> that MS should create a toolbar button for this, which would be fine as well.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

Re: Bypass Proxy Server
IE is part & parcel of Windows. FF is not.