History on Address Bar is not deleting??

Paul T

History on Address Bar is not deleting??
I have IE8 set to delete history everyday plus even if I manually go into
Tools/Internet Options and Delete everything there I still have a History
and Favorites last visited showing when I click on the little arrow on the
right of Address Bar. The history along with what favorites were used last
is still there. How do you clear these lines also??? Is there a way to set
it so it doesn't save addresses on the Address Bar?

Re: History on Address Bar is not deleting??
Google "delete + mru"

Paul T wrote:
> I have IE8 set to delete history everyday plus even if I manually go into
> Tools/Internet Options and Delete everything there I still have a History
> and Favorites last visited showing when I click on the little arrow on the
> right of Address Bar. The history along with what favorites were used
> last
> is still there. How do you clear these lines also??? Is there a way to
> set
> it so it doesn't save addresses on the Address Bar?

Paul T

Re: History on Address Bar is not deleting??
It HAD like a bunch of lines in both history and favs, I had it set to
delete history, manually deleted history and all files, downloaded a program
called CCleaner, having to go into the regestry to delete this stuff is to
me one pain in the @ss so I just uninstalled IE8 and went back to IE7, MS
is always 2 steps forward one step back.. Anyone wonder why Macs are bigger
then ever

> Google "delete + mru"
>
> Paul T wrote:
>> I have IE8 set to delete history everyday plus even if I manually go into
>> Tools/Internet Options and Delete everything there I still have a History
>> and Favorites last visited showing when I click on the little arrow on
>> the
>> right of Address Bar. The history along with what favorites were used
>> last
>> is still there. How do you clear these lines also??? Is there a way to
>> set
>> it so it doesn't save addresses on the Address Bar?

Re: History on Address Bar is not deleting??
IE7 works more or less the same way, Paul. MRU is a Windows function, not
an IE function.

Paul T wrote:
> It HAD like a bunch of lines in both history and favs, I had it set to
> delete history, manually deleted history and all files, downloaded a
> program
> called CCleaner, having to go into the regestry to delete this stuff is to
> me one pain in the @ss so I just uninstalled IE8 and went back to IE7, MS
> is always 2 steps forward one step back.. Anyone wonder why Macs are
> bigger
> then ever

>> Google "delete + mru"
>>
>> Paul T wrote:
>>> I have IE8 set to delete history everyday plus even if I manually go
>>> into
>>> Tools/Internet Options and Delete everything there I still have a
>>> History
>>> and Favorites last visited showing when I click on the little arrow on
>>> the
>>> right of Address Bar. The history along with what favorites were used
>>> last
>>> is still there. How do you clear these lines also??? Is there a way to
>>> set
>>> it so it doesn't save addresses on the Address Bar?

John

Re: History on Address Bar is not deleting??
See if IE Privacy Keeper will work on IE8

"Paul T" <pmt1209@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have IE8 set to delete history everyday plus even if I manually go into
>Tools/Internet Options and Delete everything there I still have a History
>and Favorites last visited showing when I click on the little arrow on the
>right of Address Bar. The history along with what favorites were used last
>is still there. How do you clear these lines also??? Is there a way to
>set it so it doesn't save addresses on the Address Bar?

Paul T

Re: History on Address Bar is not deleting??
Already uninstalled IE8, if MRU in windows is the culpret why isn't it doing
this with IE7 and why did cleaning out MRU using CCleaner not rid me of
these files??
To be honest I'm probably going to run Windows 7 beta this week and I will
play with IE8 more there..
Thanks for the assistance guys, I'll check back once I got Win. 7 up ands
running..
"John" <me@myhome.net> wrote in message
> See if IE Privacy Keeper will work on IE8
>
> "Paul T" <pmt1209@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have IE8 set to delete history everyday plus even if I manually go into
>>Tools/Internet Options and Delete everything there I still have a History
>>and Favorites last visited showing when I click on the little arrow on the
>>right of Address Bar. The history along with what favorites were used
>>last is still there. How do you clear these lines also??? Is there a way
>>to set it so it doesn't save addresses on the Address Bar?

ACTcorp is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: History on Address Bar is not deleting??
This worked for me...
IE8
Tools>Internet Options - Content tab, Autocomplete section, Settings button,

Uncheck "Use Windows Search for better results" , "Feeds" ,"Favorites" and
"Browsing history".

Leaving "Address bar" checked.

Save your changes.

These settings will give you the Classic Address bar autocomplete drop-down.