Media Bar

Mike Row Soft

Media Bar
Windows Media Player Radio told me my webradio station would be promoted on
the Media Bar this week. I have looked in the Explorer Bar on several PCs,
but can't find it. Am I looking in the wrong place? What did they mean?

Re: Media Bar
The original Media Bar was part of WMP (not IE) and has been deprecated; cf.

Might you be referring to a "media bar" in Windows Live or MSN Messenger,
perhaps?
--
WMP-specific newsgroup:

Mike Row Soft wrote:
> Windows Media Player Radio told me my webradio station would be promoted
> on
> the Media Bar this week. I have looked in the Explorer Bar on several
> PCs,
> but can't find it. Am I looking in the wrong place? What did they mean?

Mike Row Soft

Re: Media Bar
I have no idea. This came from Windows Media Player Radio, not me.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> The original Media Bar was part of WMP (not IE) and has been deprecated; cf.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...00(VS.85).aspx
>
> Might you be referring to a "media bar" in Windows Live or MSN Messenger,
> perhaps?
> --
> WMP-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Mike Row Soft wrote:
> > Windows Media Player Radio told me my webradio station would be promoted
> > on
> > the Media Bar this week. I have looked in the Explorer Bar on several
> > PCs,
> > but can't find it. Am I looking in the wrong place? What did they mean?

Re: Media Bar
Never heard of "Windows Media Player Radio," sorry. Try the WMP newsgroup.

Mike Row Soft wrote:
> I have no idea. This came from Windows Media Player Radio, not me.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The original Media Bar was part of WMP (not IE) and has been deprecated;
>> cf. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...00(VS.85).aspx
>>
>> Might you be referring to a "media bar" in Windows Live or MSN Messenger,
>> perhaps?
>> --
>> WMP-specific newsgroup:
>>
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Mike Row Soft wrote:
>>> Windows Media Player Radio told me my webradio station would be promoted
>>> on
>>> the Media Bar this week. I have looked in the Explorer Bar on several
>>> PCs,
>>> but can't find it. Am I looking in the wrong place? What did they
>>> mean?

Mike Row Soft

Re: Media Bar
I've been running about 500,000 listener hours per year with them:

http://www.windowsmedia.com/Mediaguide/Radio

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Never heard of "Windows Media Player Radio," sorry. Try the WMP newsgroup.
>
> Mike Row Soft wrote:
> > I have no idea. This came from Windows Media Player Radio, not me.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> The original Media Bar was part of WMP (not IE) and has been deprecated;
> >> cf. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...00(VS.85).aspx
> >>
> >> Might you be referring to a "media bar" in Windows Live or MSN Messenger,
> >> perhaps?
> >> --
> >> WMP-specific newsgroup:
> >>
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Donald Anadell

Re: Media Bar

"Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have no idea.

> This came from Windows Media Player Radio, not me.

More details please.

Are you referring to this sites(featured stations):
http://www.windowsmedia.com/radiotuner/MyRadio.asp

As PA Bear has already mentioned, the Media Bar was removed from IE6 with
the release of Windows XP SP2. That's why you can't find it under
"View||Explorer bars" any more.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The original Media Bar was part of WMP (not IE) and has been deprecated;
>> cf.
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...00(VS.85).aspx
>>
>> Might you be referring to a "media bar" in Windows Live or MSN Messenger,
>> perhaps?
>> --
>> WMP-specific newsgroup:
>>
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Mike Row Soft wrote:
>> > Windows Media Player Radio told me my webradio station would be
>> > promoted
>> > on
>> > the Media Bar this week. I have looked in the Explorer Bar on several
>> > PCs,
>> > but can't find it. Am I looking in the wrong place? What did they
>> > mean?

Re: Media Bar
[X-post to WMP newsgroup]

That's just a webpage with links to internet radio stations (which can vary
from day to day or week to week) accessible via WMP.

What "webradio station" are you referring to?

Whatever you're referring to, I'd very much doubt it has anything to do with
IE.

Mike Row Soft wrote:
> I've been running about 500,000 listener hours per year with them:
>
> http://www.windowsmedia.com/Mediaguide/Radio
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Never heard of "Windows Media Player Radio," sorry. Try the WMP
>> newsgroup.
>>
>> Mike Row Soft wrote:
>>> I have no idea. This came from Windows Media Player Radio, not me.

Mike Row Soft

Re: Media Bar
I spin for one of hundreds of stations on Windows Media Radio. They promised
me something about the Media Bar. I am just trying to find out what it is.
It may indeed be part of an old version of Windows Media Player, but it also
appears to have been part of IE6's Explorer Bar.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [X-post to WMP newsgroup]
>
> That's just a webpage with links to internet radio stations (which can vary
> from day to day or week to week) accessible via WMP.
>
> What "webradio station" are you referring to?
>
> Whatever you're referring to, I'd very much doubt it has anything to do with
> IE.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> Mike Row Soft wrote:
> > I've been running about 500,000 listener hours per year with them:
> >
> > http://www.windowsmedia.com/Mediaguide/Radio
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Never heard of "Windows Media Player Radio," sorry. Try the WMP
> >> newsgroup.

Re: Media Bar
Well, Media Bar is not part of any IE version running in WinXP SP2 or SP3
(and no version of IE has had an Explorer Bar IIRC).