source for custom style sheets.

Clair Da Loon

source for custom style sheets.
One of my bigest pet peeves is that when you go from one site to the next,
I am always having to adjust the font or zoom the page to either read the
small print or to see the the whole page fit horizontally in the browser
window. I have tried disabling IE's native style sheet, but that usually
only makes the problem worse, because all the headers expand to rediculous
sizes causing the page to spread out beyond the window borders and still
leaving the smallprint small. What I would like is to have a custom style
sheet that over-rules all of the web pages and makes font sizes and page
widths consistant across the web. Is there a place I can find a selection
of custom style pages from which I can choose that may have the
characterisitcs I desire? And further, is there a way to rapidly select
from a number of style sheets as needed, without diving deep into the
menus?

rob^_^

Re: source for custom style sheets.
Hi Clair,

Tools>Internet Options - General tab
1. Accessibility button, check "Ignore font sizes specified on web pages".
check "Ignore font styles specified on web pages". Ok.
2. Fonts button, Select a Font family of your choosing (default is Times New
Roman), Comic Sans Serif is my favorite.Ok

Optional
Colors button, uncheck "Use Windows Colors" , check "Ignore colors specified
on web pages" (also hides background images).

You done. Choose your text size preference from the View>Text Size menu. All
sites will now appear with the same font-family, size and background and
forecolors. You can adjust the size on individual sites by using the zoom of
IE7 and 8 - Ctrl+mouse wheel.

Using a stylesheet to achieve this is a bit tricky as not all sites use the
same class or id's for their layout elements and IE browsers do no recognize
the @domain directive.

Regards.

"Clair Da Loon" <XxXxXxXxX@XxXxXxXxX.com> wrote in message
> One of my bigest pet peeves is that when you go from one site to the next,
> I am always having to adjust the font or zoom the page to either read the
> small print or to see the the whole page fit horizontally in the browser
> window. I have tried disabling IE's native style sheet, but that usually
> only makes the problem worse, because all the headers expand to rediculous
> sizes causing the page to spread out beyond the window borders and still
> leaving the smallprint small. What I would like is to have a custom style
> sheet that over-rules all of the web pages and makes font sizes and page
> widths consistant across the web. Is there a place I can find a selection
> of custom style pages from which I can choose that may have the
> characterisitcs I desire? And further, is there a way to rapidly select
> from a number of style sheets as needed, without diving deep into the
> menus?

ju.c

Re: source for custom style sheets.
You need to disable some accessibility settings in order
to enable the use of custom style sheets. See these links:

Displaying Web pages using a custom style sheet
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/ie5/css.aspx

Create Css file (Scroll down a little)
http://iescripts.org/view-scripts-568p1.htm

Overriding Internet Explorer's Formatting Using Style Sheets
http://vtatila.kapsi.fi/ie_css.html

Custom Style Sheet Creator
http://www.oneformat.com/index.html

ju.c

"Clair Da Loon" <XxXxXxXxX@XxXxXxXxX.com> wrote in message news:e0l6o2UzJHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> One of my bigest pet peeves is that when you go from one site to the next,
> I am always having to adjust the font or zoom the page to either read the
> small print or to see the the whole page fit horizontally in the browser
> window. I have tried disabling IE's native style sheet, but that usually
> only makes the problem worse, because all the headers expand to rediculous
> sizes causing the page to spread out beyond the window borders and still
> leaving the smallprint small. What I would like is to have a custom style
> sheet that over-rules all of the web pages and makes font sizes and page
> widths consistant across the web. Is there a place I can find a selection
> of custom style pages from which I can choose that may have the
> characterisitcs I desire? And further, is there a way to rapidly select
> from a number of style sheets as needed, without diving deep into the
> menus?

Clair Da Loon

Re: source for custom style sheets.
Thanks rob and ju.c for your helpful suggestions. I am still digesting
them, but I think after experimenting with them for awhile, I should be
able produce a reasonable compromise between what the web pages want me to
see and what I want to see in terms of font sizes.

Clair Da Loon