IE8 opens a page scrolled down

sas550

IE8 opens a page scrolled down
Hi! I have a really strange problem.

When I open the page www.aftonbladet.se wich is a newspapers website, the
page opens up normally to begin with. But when the page is finished loading
it immediately scrools down to the bottom of the page.

It's the only page where the browser behave like this. And it's also only on
one pc.

I have tried to remove the webhistory and all that can be removed from the
tool meny. I have also uninstalled IE( and recerted back to IE7 with the same
result.

Is there any register settings kept for visited sites that could somehow
been damaged ? Any tip would be gratefully accieved.
--
Brgds

Anders Eriksson
rob^_^

Re: IE8 opens a page scrolled down
Gutten tag sas,

Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Browsing History, Settings button.

Check for newer versions of stored pages:

I have Automatically selected, you may have Never selected.

There is also a popup on that page and my popup blocker stopped it the first
time and then the page continued to load with an error.

I then turned on scripting error messages and refreshed the page. This time
there was no popup blocked, indicating that a crumb had been written to a
cookie. (javascript:alert(document.cookie)

Yep... there is a scrollto in internetpanel_if.js and a crumb in the cookie.

Delete the site cookie and turn on the popup blocker and then navigate to
the site. It should be positioned correctly.

Regards.

"sas550" <anders.eriksson@gavletaxi.se> wrote in message
> Hi! I have a really strange problem.
>
> When I open the page www.aftonbladet.se wich is a newspapers website, the
> page opens up normally to begin with. But when the page is finished
> it immediately scrools down to the bottom of the page.
>
> It's the only page where the browser behave like this. And it's also only
> on
> one pc.
>
> I have tried to remove the webhistory and all that can be removed from the
> tool meny. I have also uninstalled IE( and recerted back to IE7 with the
> same
> result.
>
> Is there any register settings kept for visited sites that could somehow
> been damaged ? Any tip would be gratefully accieved.
> --
> Brgds
>
> Anders Eriksson

sas550

Re: IE8 opens a page scrolled down
Tnx for your reply.

I have "Check for newer versions" set automatic and did also tried setting
it to always. Same result.

I did remove everything that contained the txt "aftonbladet" in the
\user\username\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\tem porary internet files
with the same result.

I'm afraid I don't understand how to deal with the internetpanel_if.js thing.

Tnx for the help
<--
Brgds

Anders Eriksson

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Gutten tag sas,
>
> Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Browsing History, Settings button.
>
> Check for newer versions of stored pages:
>
> I have Automatically selected, you may have Never selected.
>
> There is also a popup on that page and my popup blocker stopped it the first
> time and then the page continued to load with an error.
>
> I then turned on scripting error messages and refreshed the page. This time
> there was no popup blocked, indicating that a crumb had been written to a
> cookie. (javascript:alert(document.cookie)
>
> Yep... there is a scrollto in internetpanel_if.js and a crumb in the cookie.
>
> Delete the site cookie and turn on the popup blocker and then navigate to
> the site. It should be positioned correctly.
>
> Regards.
>
> "sas550" <anders.eriksson@gavletaxi.se> wrote in message
> > Hi! I have a really strange problem.
> >
> > When I open the page www.aftonbladet.se wich is a newspapers website, the
> > page opens up normally to begin with. But when the page is finished
> > it immediately scrools down to the bottom of the page.
> >
> > It's the only page where the browser behave like this. And it's also only
> > on
> > one pc.
> >
> > I have tried to remove the webhistory and all that can be removed from the
> > tool meny. I have also uninstalled IE( and recerted back to IE7 with the
> > same
> > result.
> >
> > Is there any register settings kept for visited sites that could somehow
> > been damaged ? Any tip would be gratefully achieved.
> > --
> > Brgds
> >
> > Anders Eriksson

rob^_^

Re: IE8 opens a page scrolled down
It should not matter if you delete the cookie before revisiting the site.
Did you enable the Popup blocker before revisiting?

Oh, perhaps also... do you have other toolbars installed that have their own
inbuilt popup blocker. These sometimes interfere with IE8's popup blocker.
Also try running IE8 in no-Addons mode (Start>Programs>Accessories>System
Tools>Internet Explorer (no-Addons).

What is your OS version and service pack level too please.

> Tnx for your reply.
>
> I have "Check for newer versions" set automatic and did also tried setting
> it to always. Same result.
>
> I did remove everything that contained the txt "aftonbladet" in the
> \user\username\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\tem porary internet files
> with the same result.
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand how to deal with the internetpanel_if.js
> thing.
>

> Tnx for the help
> <--
> Brgds
>
> Anders Eriksson
>

> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Gutten tag sas,
>>
>> Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Browsing History, Settings button.
>>
>> Check for newer versions of stored pages:
>>
>> I have Automatically selected, you may have Never selected.
>>
>> There is also a popup on that page and my popup blocker stopped it the
>> first
>> time and then the page continued to load with an error.
>>
>> I then turned on scripting error messages and refreshed the page. This
>> time
>> there was no popup blocked, indicating that a crumb had been written to a
>> cookie. (javascript:alert(document.cookie)
>>
>> Yep... there is a scrollto in internetpanel_if.js and a crumb in the
>> cookie.
>>
>> Delete the site cookie and turn on the popup blocker and then navigate to
>> the site. It should be positioned correctly.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "sas550" <anders.eriksson@gavletaxi.se> wrote in message
>> > Hi! I have a really strange problem.
>> >
>> > When I open the page www.aftonbladet.se wich is a newspapers website,
>> > the
>> > page opens up normally to begin with. But when the page is finished
>> > it immediately scrools down to the bottom of the page.
>> >
>> > It's the only page where the browser behave like this. And it's also
>> > only
>> > on
>> > one pc.
>> >
>> > I have tried to remove the webhistory and all that can be removed from
>> > the
>> > tool meny. I have also uninstalled IE( and recerted back to IE7 with
>> > the
>> > same
>> > result.
>> >
>> > Is there any register settings kept for visited sites that could
>> > somehow
>> > been damaged ? Any tip would be gratefully achieved.
>> > --
>> > Brgds
>> >
>> > Anders Eriksson

sas550

Re: IE8 opens a page scrolled down
Yes I enabled popup blocker.
No other toolbar than roboform. It has no popup blocker.
Tried running in "no addon mode" No go.

Vista ult 32 sp1
--
Brgds

Anders Eriksson

"rob^_^" wrote:

> It should not matter if you delete the cookie before revisiting the site.
> Did you enable the Popup blocker before revisiting?
>
> Oh, perhaps also... do you have other toolbars installed that have their own
> inbuilt popup blocker. These sometimes interfere with IE8's popup blocker.
> Also try running IE8 in no-Addons mode (Start>Programs>Accessories>System
> Tools>Internet Explorer (no-Addons).
>
> What is your OS version and service pack level too please.
>
> Regards.
>
> "sas550" <anders.eriksson@gavletaxi.se> wrote in message
> > Tnx for your reply.
> >
> > I have "Check for newer versions" set automatic and did also tried setting
> > it to always. Same result.
> >
> > I did remove everything that contained the txt "aftonbladet" in the
> > \user\username\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\tem porary internet files
> > with the same result.
> >
> > I'm afraid I don't understand how to deal with the internetpanel_if.js
> > thing.
> >

> > Tnx for the help
> > <--
> > Brgds
> >
> > Anders Eriksson
> >

> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> >> Gutten tag sas,
> >>
> >> Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Browsing History, Settings button.
> >>
> >> Check for newer versions of stored pages:
> >>
> >> I have Automatically selected, you may have Never selected.
> >>
> >> There is also a popup on that page and my popup blocker stopped it the
> >> first
> >> time and then the page continued to load with an error.
> >>
> >> I then turned on scripting error messages and refreshed the page. This
> >> time
> >> there was no popup blocked, indicating that a crumb had been written to a
> >> cookie. (javascript:alert(document.cookie)
> >>
> >> Yep... there is a scrollto in internetpanel_if.js and a crumb in the
> >> cookie.
> >>
> >> Delete the site cookie and turn on the popup blocker and then navigate to
> >> the site. It should be positioned correctly.
> >>
> >> Regards.

rob^_^

Re: IE8 opens a page scrolled down
Hi,

Roboform may be an influence as it interrogates the DOM to map the <input>
tags, but you have stated that it still reproduces in no-Addons mode.

Its early morning here, I will revisit the page later. One final 'Guess'.
Press F7 to toggle 'Caret Browsing'. If it is switched on it will be
positioning the cursor on the first tabstop. I need to look at the page
source again and find the element with the first tabstop.

> Yes I enabled popup blocker.
> No other toolbar than roboform. It has no popup blocker.
> Tried running in "no addon mode" No go.
>
> Vista ult 32 sp1
> --
> Brgds
>
> Anders Eriksson
>

> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> It should not matter if you delete the cookie before revisiting the site.
>> Did you enable the Popup blocker before revisiting?
>>
>> Oh, perhaps also... do you have other toolbars installed that have their
>> own
>> inbuilt popup blocker. These sometimes interfere with IE8's popup
>> blocker.
>> Also try running IE8 in no-Addons mode (Start>Programs>Accessories>System
>> Tools>Internet Explorer (no-Addons).
>>
>> What is your OS version and service pack level too please.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "sas550" <anders.eriksson@gavletaxi.se> wrote in message
>> > Tnx for your reply.
>> >
>> > I have "Check for newer versions" set automatic and did also tried
>> > setting
>> > it to always. Same result.
>> >
>> > I did remove everything that contained the txt "aftonbladet" in the
>> > \user\username\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\tem porary internet files
>> > with the same result.
>> >
>> > I'm afraid I don't understand how to deal with the internetpanel_if.js
>> > thing.
>> >

>> > Tnx for the help
>> > <--
>> > Brgds
>> >
>> > Anders Eriksson

rob^_^

Re: IE8 opens a page scrolled down
Hi,

Looks like the tab order and/or Carret Browsing/Roboform are the cause (I
still can't reproduce the problem).

Press F12 to display the Developer Tool, select the View>Tab Indexes menu.

Tab Index 0 is located two thirds of the way down the page.

Enskilda personer kan köpa loss apotek ”Startar i mitten av maj.” (97)
Läsare: Äntligen en seger för oss sjuka Följ läsarreaktionerna.
Ledare Det våras för pillermagnaten Helle Klein: ”Risken är att vi inom en
snar framtid kommer att tala om Apoteksdöden”. (0)

Also these validation errors are a concern

Line 1469, Column 8: value of attribute "id" invalid: "5" cannot start a
name
<a id="5002429"
href="http://www.aftonbladet.se/kropphalsa/article5002429.ab"><a✉
It is possible that you violated the naming convention for this attribute.
For example, id and name attributes must begin with a letter, not a digit.
Line 1469, Column 138: document type does not allow element "a" here;
missing one of "object", "span", "bdo", "applet", "iframe", "tt", "i", "b",
"u", "s", "strike", "big", "small", "font", "em", "strong", "dfn", "code",
"q", "samp", "kbd", "var", "cite", "abbr", "acronym", "sub", "sup", "label",
"ins", "del" start-tag
The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which
you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are
both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean
that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to
close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a
block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element

Also the page is using tracking cookies in 1x1px images (you see these when
you cycle through the tab index)...

The page also contains mixed content...

http://ad.dc2.adtech.de/addyn/3.0/83...=1241565564005

So the user with the problem may have one of these domains in their
Untrusted Sites zone, or an Ad blocking program or Hosts file is blocking
the content and altering the 'natural' tab order.

One definitive test is to turn off Active Scripting in the Internet Zone on
the affected machine, and then navigate to the page to see if the bottom of
the page scrolling occurs.

Secondly, Use the IETabs Firefox extension in FX to view the page. The
IETabs extension uses the IE rendering engine, but not its security zone
model.

The page is heavily Advertised, perhaps there is just too much for IE to
handle given it is all coming from a number of different domains. The
FX/IETabs test should confirm this. This would also explain why the page is
slow to load in IE... I see a number of waiting messages in the status bar
as the page loads (5 seconds+).

Regards.

Regards.

"sas550" <anders.eriksson@gavletaxi.se> wrote in message
> Yes I enabled popup blocker.
> No other toolbar than roboform. It has no popup blocker.
> Tried running in "no addon mode" No go.
>
> Vista ult 32 sp1
> --
> Brgds
>
> Anders Eriksson
>

> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> It should not matter if you delete the cookie before revisiting the site.
>> Did you enable the Popup blocker before revisiting?
>>
>> Oh, perhaps also... do you have other toolbars installed that have their
>> own
>> inbuilt popup blocker. These sometimes interfere with IE8's popup
>> blocker.
>> Also try running IE8 in no-Addons mode (Start>Programs>Accessories>System
>> Tools>Internet Explorer (no-Addons).
>>
>> What is your OS version and service pack level too please.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "sas550" <anders.eriksson@gavletaxi.se> wrote in message
>> > Tnx for your reply.
>> >
>> > I have "Check for newer versions" set automatic and did also tried
>> > setting
>> > it to always. Same result.
>> >
>> > I did remove everything that contained the txt "aftonbladet" in the
>> > \user\username\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\tem porary internet files
>> > with the same result.
>> >
>> > I'm afraid I don't understand how to deal with the internetpanel_if.js
>> > thing.
>> >

>> > Tnx for the help
>> > <--
>> > Brgds
>> >
>> > Anders Eriksson

sas550

Re: IE8 opens a page scrolled down
Hi! Checked the untrusted sites and it is empty.
Turned off active scripting. No change.
Installed Firefox 3. When I load the page in FX it works as supposed=not
scrolled down
With IE Tabs it opens scrolled down.

As from yesterday this site has started to behave the same way
http://www.readynas.com/forum/
I don't know what could be the cause of this. Must be something I've
fiddeled with yesterday.

Tnx for your time. I really appreciate it

--
Brgds

Anders Eriksson

"rob^_^" wrote:

> [...]
> > Yes I enabled popup blocker.
> > No other toolbar than roboform. It has no popup blocker.
> > Tried running in "no addon mode" No go.
> >
> > Vista ult 32 sp1
> > --
> > Brgds
> >
> > Anders Eriksson
> >

> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> >> It should not matter if you delete the cookie before revisiting the site.
> >> Did you enable the Popup blocker before revisiting?
> >>
> >> Oh, perhaps also... do you have other toolbars installed that have their
> >> own
> >> inbuilt popup blocker. These sometimes interfere with IE8's popup
> >> blocker.
> >> Also try running IE8 in no-Addons mode (Start>Programs>Accessories>System
> >> Tools>Internet Explorer (no-Addons).
> >>
> >> What is your OS version and service pack level too please.

Hi, still here...

I had a look at http://www.readynas.com/forum/

no problems for me, but I see there is only one <Form> block at the bottom
of the page. My suspicions turn to Roboform and/or IE Autocomplete. Other
suggestions have been your mouse driver.

I will spend some time on it to see if I can nail it down.

> [...]
>> of
>> the page scrolling occurs.
>>
>> Secondly, Use the IETabs Firefox extension in FX to view the page. The
>> IETabs extension uses the IE rendering engine, but not its security zone
>> model.
>>
>> The page is heavily Advertised, perhaps there is just too much for IE to
>> handle given it is all coming from a number of different domains. The
>> FX/IETabs test should confirm this. This would also explain why the page
>> is
>> slow to load in IE... I see a number of waiting messages in the status
>> bar
>> as the page loads (5 seconds+).
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "sas550" <anders.eriksson@gavletaxi.se> wrote in message
>> > Yes I enabled popup blocker.
>> > No other toolbar than roboform. It has no popup blocker.

sas550

Re: IE8 opens a page scrolled down
Hi! Deactivated both Roboform and The mousedriver and it worked. Reactvate
mouse driver still worked. Reactivate Roboform and Bingo the problem was
back.
After a uninstall and fresch reinstall of Roboform it's now working as
supposed. Strange this didn't show earlier when i started IE8 with no addons.

Anyway tnx for your interest in this matter.

--
Brgds

Anders Eriksson