Obnoxious IE8 msg

John

Obnoxious IE8 msg
I just upgraded to IE 8 from IE 7 and am now getting the following obnoxious
msg:

"Security Warning" -Do you want to view only the webpage content that was
delivered securely?

This seems totally useless. How do I get IE8 to just display everything on
the page w/o asking each time there is mixed content?

I appreciate your help, -John
D. Spencer Hines

Re: Obnoxious IE8 Message
Yep...

That's the Nanny Software Feature

Why does Microsoft think we want this sort of thing?
--
DSH
Lux et Veritas et Libertas

>I just upgraded to IE 8 from IE 7 and am now getting the following
>obnoxious msg:
>
> "Security Warning" -Do you want to view only the webpage content that was
> delivered securely?
>
> This seems totally useless. How do I get IE8 to just display everything on
> the page w/o asking each time there is mixed content?
>
> I appreciate your help, -John

rob^_^

Re: Obnoxious IE8 Message
Web search for XSS

"D. Spencer Hines" <panther@excelsior.net> wrote in message
> Yep...
>
> That's the Nanny Software Feature
>
> Why does Microsoft think we want this sort of thing?
> --
> DSH
> Lux et Veritas et Libertas
> Vires et Honor
>
> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I just upgraded to IE 8 from IE 7 and am now getting the following
>>obnoxious msg:
>>
>> "Security Warning" -Do you want to view only the webpage content that was
>> delivered securely?
>>
>> This seems totally useless. How do I get IE8 to just display everything
>> on
>> the page w/o asking each time there is mixed content?
>>
>> I appreciate your help, -John

Re: Obnoxious IE8 msg
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

What are you doing/what pages are you on/going to when you get this warning?

John wrote:
> I just upgraded to IE 8 from IE 7 and am now getting the following
> obnoxious
> msg:
>
> "Security Warning" -Do you want to view only the webpage content that was
> delivered securely?
>
> This seems totally useless. How do I get IE8 to just display everything on
> the page w/o asking each time there is mixed content?
>
> I appreciate your help, -John

John

Re: Obnoxious IE8 msg
OK, I've about had it w/ IE8! IE8 idiosyncrasies may just drive me to
Foxfire!

I am running under WinXP SP3, but this has nothing to do w/ my IE8 problems.
I finally found out that it looks like the the IE8 install does not pick up
the IE7 options settings changes and reverts back the some of the more
annoying defaults. When I made the following changes, the obnoxious and
useless mixed content msg went away and hopefully a few others will be
averted.
1. Tools>>Internet Options>>Security tab>>Custom Level:
Miscellaneous Section>>Change "Display Mixed Content" from Prompt to
Enable
2. Tools>>Internet Options>>Advanced>>Browsing:
Check - Automatically check for IE updates
Check - Disable script debugging (Other)
3. Tools>>Internet Options>>Advanced>>Security:
Check - Do not save encrypted pages to disk

Now I just have to figure out how to get IE8 to stop telling me it can't
display certain web pages that will properly display as soon as I click
refresh.

Hope this will help someone else out, -John

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> What are you doing/what pages are you on/going to when you get this warning?
>

> John wrote:
> > I just upgraded to IE 8 from IE 7 and am now getting the following
> > obnoxious
> > msg:
> >
> > "Security Warning" -Do you want to view only the webpage content that was
> > delivered securely?
> >
> > This seems totally useless. How do I get IE8 to just display everything on
> > the page w/o asking each time there is mixed content?
> >
> > I appreciate your help, -John

Re: Obnoxious IE8 msg

John wrote:
> OK, I've about had it w/ IE8! IE8 idiosyncrasies may just drive me to
> Foxfire!
>
> I am running under WinXP SP3, but this has nothing to do w/ my IE8
> problems.
> I finally found out that it looks like the the IE8 install does not pick
> up
> the IE7 options settings changes and reverts back the some of the more
> annoying defaults. When I made the following changes, the obnoxious and
> useless mixed content msg went away and hopefully a few others will be
> averted.
> 1. Tools>>Internet Options>>Security tab>>Custom Level:
> Miscellaneous Section>>Change "Display Mixed Content" from Prompt to
> Enable
> 2. Tools>>Internet Options>>Advanced>>Browsing:
> Check - Automatically check for IE updates
> Check - Disable script debugging (Other)
> 3. Tools>>Internet Options>>Advanced>>Security:
> Check - Do not save encrypted pages to disk
>
> Now I just have to figure out how to get IE8 to stop telling me it can't
> display certain web pages that will properly display as soon as I click
> refresh.
>
> Hope this will help someone else out, -John
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> What are you doing/what pages are you on/going to when you get this
>> warning?
>>

>> John wrote:
>>> I just upgraded to IE 8 from IE 7 and am now getting the following
>>> obnoxious
>>> msg:
>>>
>>> "Security Warning" -Do you want to view only the webpage content that
>>> was
>>> delivered securely?
>>>
>>> This seems totally useless. How do I get IE8 to just display everything
>>> on
>>> the page w/o asking each time there is mixed content?
>>>
>>> I appreciate your help, -John

RC

Re: Obnoxious IE8 msg

> OK, I've about had it w/ IE8! IE8 idiosyncrasies may just drive me to
> Foxfire!

I am considering moving on to firefox myself.

Ian Boyd

Re: Obnoxious IE8 msg

>I just upgraded to IE 8 from IE 7 and am now getting the following
>obnoxious
> msg:
>
> "Security Warning" -Do you want to view only the webpage content that was
> delivered securely?
>
> This seems totally useless. How do I get IE8 to just display everything on
> the page w/o asking each time there is mixed content?
>
> I appreciate your help, -John

Tools -> Internet Options -> Security Tab -> Miscellaneous -> Display Mixed
Content
Set to: Enable
Default is: Prompt

They do it because it's a good thing. If you prefer the bad thing, there's
the option.

PA Bear [MS MVP]: Why would you ask him his operating system version, the
pages he was visiting, or about his anti-virus products? You know what he's
asking about, why not answer his question? Why go on about other things and
just refuse to answer the question?

Re: Obnoxious IE8 msg
MYOB, please.

Ian Boyd wrote:
<snip>
> PA Bear [MS MVP]: Why would you ask him his operating system version, the
> pages he was visiting, or about his anti-virus products? You know what
> he's
> asking about, why not answer his question? Why go on about other things
> and
> just refuse to answer the question?

Leonard Grey

Re: Obnoxious IE8 msg
What will you do when you screw up Firefox? Oh well, I guess there's
always Opera. But pretty soon you're going to run out of browsers.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est