Explorer 7 / 8

Dan Cotton

Explorer 7 / 8
I hope someone can help me. I work out of my house using my Gateway MX3702
with Windows XP Verison 5.1 Service Pack 3 laptop. I was using explorer 7.
Without thinking I downloaded explorer 8. I am now having trouble accessing
materals from their secured network. I need to put explorer 7 back on my
laptop. Can I uninstall 8 then download 7. I tried to download 7 but was told
it could not since it was an older version. Hope someone can hlep.
--
Thanks, Dan
Leonard Grey

Re: Explorer 7 / 8
Uninstalling Internet Explorer 8 automatically returns your computer to
the pre-existing version of IE. Nothing to install.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Dan Cotton wrote:
> I hope someone can help me. I work out of my house using my Gateway MX3702
> with Windows XP Verison 5.1 Service Pack 3 laptop. I was using explorer 7.
> Without thinking I downloaded explorer 8. I am now having trouble accessing
> materals from their secured network. I need to put explorer 7 back on my
> laptop. Can I uninstall 8 then download 7. I tried to download 7 but was told
> it could not since it was an older version. Hope someone can hlep.

John Barnett MVP

Re: Explorer 7 / 8
Hi Dan,

You can uninstall IE 8.0 by reading through the details on this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

However, before doing anything make sure you create a system restore point
just in case you have any problems. You can at least restore your system
back to before you started tinkering.

You don't need to install IE 7.0 either, simply uninstall IE 8.0 and IE 7.0
will automatically be installed in its place.

--
John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert

Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com
Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Dan Cotton" <DanCotton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I hope someone can help me. I work out of my house using my Gateway MX3702
> with Windows XP Verison 5.1 Service Pack 3 laptop. I was using explorer 7.
> Without thinking I downloaded explorer 8. I am now having trouble
> accessing
> materals from their secured network. I need to put explorer 7 back on my
> laptop. Can I uninstall 8 then download 7. I tried to download 7 but was
> told
> it could not since it was an older version. Hope someone can hlep.
> --
> Thanks, Dan

> signature database 4052 (20090504) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4052 (20090504) __________

http://www.eset.com

D. Spencer Hines

Re: Explorer 7 / 8
Now...

That's a good, clear explanation.

This guy I tend to trust.

His disclaimer is intelligently worded too.
--
DSH
Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"John Barnett MVP" <freelance@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> Hi Dan,
>
> You can uninstall IE 8.0 by reading through the details on this link:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
>
> However, before doing anything make sure you create a system restore point
> just in case you have any problems. You can at least restore your system
> back to before you started tinkering.
>
> You don't need to install IE 7.0 either, simply uninstall IE 8.0 and IE
> 7.0 will automatically be installed in its place.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Windows XP Associate Expert
> Windows Desktop Experience
>
> Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
> Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
> this mail/post..
>

> "Dan Cotton" <DanCotton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> I hope someone can help me. I work out of my house using my Gateway
>> MX3702
>> with Windows XP Verison 5.1 Service Pack 3 laptop. I was using explorer
>> 7.
>> Without thinking I downloaded explorer 8. I am now having trouble
>> accessing
>> materals from their secured network. I need to put explorer 7 back on my
>> laptop. Can I uninstall 8 then download 7. I tried to download 7 but was
>> told
>> it could not since it was an older version. Hope someone can hlep.
>> --
>> Thanks, Dan

Re: Explorer 7 / 8
Uninstalling IE8 automatically returns the machine to the previous IE
version (e.g., IE7).

How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8

Dan Cotton wrote:
> I hope someone can help me. I work out of my house using my Gateway MX3702
> with Windows XP Verison 5.1 Service Pack 3 laptop. I was using explorer 7.
> Without thinking I downloaded explorer 8. I am now having trouble
> accessing
> materals from their secured network. I need to put explorer 7 back on my
> laptop. Can I uninstall 8 then download 7. I tried to download 7 but was
> told it could not since it was an older version. Hope someone can hlep.

John Barnett MVP

Re: Explorer 7 / 8
Thank You, DSH.

Fortunately (or unfortunately depending upon which way you look at things) I
have been an MVP for 8 years and Yes my profile is publically available for
all to see.

--

"D. Spencer Hines" <panther@excelsior.net> wrote in message
> Now...
>
> That's a good, clear explanation.
>
> This guy I tend to trust.
>
> His disclaimer is intelligently worded too.
> --
> DSH
> Lux et Veritas et Libertas
> Vires et Honor
>
> "John Barnett MVP" <freelance@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> You can uninstall IE 8.0 by reading through the details on this link:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
>>
>> However, before doing anything make sure you create a system restore
>> point just in case you have any problems. You can at least restore your
>> system back to before you started tinkering.
>>
>> You don't need to install IE 7.0 either, simply uninstall IE 8.0 and IE
>> 7.0 will automatically be installed in its place.
>>
>> --
>> John Barnett MVP
>> Windows XP Associate Expert
>> Windows Desktop Experience
>>
>> Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
>> Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com
>> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

>> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
>> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
>> this mail/post..
>>

>> "Dan Cotton" <DanCotton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> I hope someone can help me. I work out of my house using my Gateway
>>> MX3702
>>> with Windows XP Verison 5.1 Service Pack 3 laptop. I was using explorer
>>> 7.
>>> Without thinking I downloaded explorer 8. I am now having trouble
>>> accessing
>>> materals from their secured network. I need to put explorer 7 back on my
>>> laptop. Can I uninstall 8 then download 7. I tried to download 7 but was
>>> told
>>> it could not since it was an older version. Hope someone can hlep.
>>> --
>>> Thanks, Dan

> signature database 4052 (20090504) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4052 (20090504) __________

http://www.eset.com

D. Spencer Hines

Re: Explorer 7 / 8
You are quite welcome sir.

You stand out as a stalwart here.

You also have many wannabe imitators here who fall short of the mark.
--

> Thank You, DSH.
>
> Fortunately (or unfortunately depending upon which way you look at things)
> I have been an MVP for 8 years and Yes my profile is publically available
> for all to see.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Windows XP Associate Expert
> Windows Desktop Experience
>
> Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
> Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
> this mail/post..
>

> "D. Spencer Hines" <panther@excelsior.net> wrote in message

>> Now...
>>
>> That's a good, clear explanation.
>>
>> This guy I tend to trust.
>>
>> His disclaimer is intelligently worded too.
>> --
>> DSH
>> Lux et Veritas et Libertas
>> Vires et Honor
>>
>> "John Barnett MVP" <freelance@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>> Hi Dan,
>>>
>>> You can uninstall IE 8.0 by reading through the details on this link:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
>>>
>>> However, before doing anything make sure you create a system restore
>>> point just in case you have any problems. You can at least restore your
>>> system back to before you started tinkering.
>>>
>>> You don't need to install IE 7.0 either, simply uninstall IE 8.0 and IE
>>> 7.0 will automatically be installed in its place.
>>>
>>> --
>>> John Barnett MVP
>>> Windows XP Associate Expert
>>> Windows Desktop Experience
>>>
>>> Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
>>> Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com
>>> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>>> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
>>>

>>> The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of
>>> any kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the
>>> accuracy, reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not
>>> be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages
>>> arising out of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions
>>> expressed in this mail/post..

D. Spencer Hines

Re: Explorer 7 / 8
Here's another one to view with caution.

"PA Bear" indeed.

Panda Bear?
--
D. Spencer Hines
Lux et Veritas et Libertas

> @DSH: Please stop crossposting your bizarre, off-topic comments to WLMail
> newsgroup.
>
> John Barnett MVP wrote:

>> Thank You, DSH.
>>
>> Fortunately (or unfortunately depending upon which way you look at
>> things) I have been an MVP for 8 years and Yes my profile is publically
>> available for all to see.
>>
>> "D. Spencer Hines" <panther@excelsior.net> wrote in message

>>> Now...
>>>
>>> That's a good, clear explanation.
>>>
>>> This guy I tend to trust.
>>>
>>> His disclaimer is intelligently worded too.
>>> --
>>> DSH
>>> Lux et Veritas et Libertas
>>> Vires et Honor

Peter Foldes

Re: Explorer 7 / 8
D. Spencer Hines the Latin wannabe

You of all people should speak. You are a TROLL and always have been. Go and get a
life and stop your Troll drivel and crossposting which you do all the time

BTW Troll :
John Barnett MVP does not know you yet but he will just as everybody else has

--
Peter

> Here's another one to view with caution.
>
> "PA Bear" indeed.
>
> Panda Bear?
> --
> D. Spencer Hines
> Lux et Veritas et Libertas
> Vires et Honor
> Veni, Vidi, Calcitravi Asinum

>> @DSH: Please stop crossposting your bizarre, off-topic comments to WLMail
>> newsgroup.
>>
>> John Barnett MVP wrote:

>>> Thank You, DSH.
>>>
>>> Fortunately (or unfortunately depending upon which way you look at things) I
>>> have been an MVP for 8 years and Yes my profile is publically available for all
>>> to see.
>>>
>>> "D. Spencer Hines" <panther@excelsior.net> wrote in message
>>> news:ekWAGcOzJHA.1432@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

John Barnett MVP

Re: Explorer 7 / 8
Actually Peter I do know of D. Spencer Hines. I was simply responding to his
comment that I had given a 'good, clear explanation.' The other comment
regarding my profile was in response to, not only D. Spencer Hines, but
others also who had expressed concern that not 'all' MVP profiles were
available for public viewing. In that respect I have to agree that it can
cause confusion, especially, as there are a few known trolls that append
their signatures with MVP even though they are not MVPs. A central
repository of all current MVPs name (not necessarily their profiles if they
wish to keep them anonymous) would help to alleviate the confusion.

--

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4053 (20090505) __________

http://www.eset.com