IE 8 and Microsoft Data Access Pages

Terry_Peters

IE 8 and Microsoft Data Access Pages
Hello,

I have a number of Data Access Pages that are still in use globally for my
company. The upgrade to IE 8 did not hurt most, but there are a few that do
not work.

These few that are broken in the upgrade are ones that have multiple
section. Any idea why pages with multiple section would have a problem in IE
8?

Those that have multiple section pull a lot of data so I filter by site,
then date range before displaying records to users

Thanks in advance for any help
Terry
P.S. replying to get off of Web components or stop using DAP at this point
would not be much of a help in the short term.
Terry_Peters

RE: IE 8 and Microsoft Data Access Pages
Hi,

Was hoping someone would have an idea about this
--
Terry

"Terry_Peters" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a number of Data Access Pages that are still in use globally for my
> company. The upgrade to IE 8 did not hurt most, but there are a few that do
> not work.
>
> These few that are broken in the upgrade are ones that have multiple
> section. Any idea why pages with multiple section would have a problem in IE
> 8?
>
> Those that have multiple section pull a lot of data so I filter by site,
> then date range before displaying records to users
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
> Terry
> P.S. replying to get off of Web components or stop using DAP at this point
> would not be much of a help in the short term.

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Re: IE 8 and Microsoft Data Access Pages
I was hoping for a t-bone steak last night, but it never materialized.

"Terry_Peters" <Terry.Peters@verizon.net> wrote in message
newsC8341CC-4F3A-4E57-8FB2-C0E8E97EFE3A@microsoft.com...
: Hi,
:
: Was hoping someone would have an idea about this
: --
: Terry
:
:
: "Terry_Peters" wrote:
:
: > Hello,
: >
[...]

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE 8 and Microsoft Data Access Pages

"Terry_Peters" <Terry.Peters@verizon.net> wrote in message newsC8341CC-4F3A-4E57-8FB2-C0E8E97EFE3A@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> Was hoping someone would have an idea about this

This newsgroup is frequented mostly by end-users, not web developers.

Try the MSDN forum for IE web development for help with coding issues.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> --
> Terry
>

> "Terry_Peters" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a number of Data Access Pages that are still in use globally for my
>> company. The upgrade to IE 8 did not hurt most, but there are a few that do
>> not work.
>>
>> These few that are broken in the upgrade are ones that have multiple
>> section. Any idea why pages with multiple section would have a problem in IE
>> 8?
>>
>> Those that have multiple section pull a lot of data so I filter by site,
>> then date range before displaying records to users
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help
>> Terry
>> P.S. replying to get off of Web components or stop using DAP at this point
>> would not be much of a help in the short term.

Terry_Peters

Re: IE 8 and Microsoft Data Access Pages
Thanks Robert,

Good Suggestion I'll do that.
--
Terry

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Terry_Peters" <Terry.Peters@verizon.net> wrote in message newsC8341CC-4F3A-4E57-8FB2-C0E8E97EFE3A@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Was hoping someone would have an idea about this

> This newsgroup is frequented mostly by end-users, not web developers.
>
> Try the MSDN forum for IE web development for help with coding issues.
>

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---
>

> > --
> > Terry
> >

> > "Terry_Peters" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have a number of Data Access Pages that are still in use globally for my
> >> company. The upgrade to IE 8 did not hurt most, but there are a few that do
> >> not work.
> >>
> >> These few that are broken in the upgrade are ones that have multiple
> >> section. Any idea why pages with multiple section would have a problem in IE
> >> 8?
> >>
> >> Those that have multiple section pull a lot of data so I filter by site,
> >> then date range before displaying records to users
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance for any help
> >> Terry
> >> P.S. replying to get off of Web components or stop using DAP at this point
> >> would not be much of a help in the short term.

Econo

On May 4, 10:54*am, Terry_Peters <Terry.Pet...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a number of Data Access Pages that are still in use globally for my
> company. The upgrade to IE 8 did not hurt most, but there are a few that do
> not work.
>
> These few that are broken in the upgrade are ones that have multiple
> section. Any idea why pages with multiple section would have a problem inIE
> 8?
>
> Those that have multiple section pull a lot of data so I filter by site,
> then date range before displaying records to users
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
> Terry
> P.S. replying to get off of Web components or stop using DAP at this point
> would not be much of a help in the short term.

I have the same issue and I only have one that isn't multiple section,
and it is the only one that renders. I have submitted this issue to
Eric Lawrence at IEBlog ( http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/ ) and he has
accepted my files and is looking into the issue. I would suggest you
email the blog with your experience as well. Like you, I really don't
have an alternative. There is no reason these page would render fine
in IE7 and not in IE8.

Please keep me informed if you find an solution or setting that works.

As a note, IE7 wouldn't rendered these pages intially and did late on.

Robert

I have a discussion on this issue at:
http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/sh...b=5&o=&fpart=1
as well.
Econo

Re: IE 8 and Microsoft Data Access Pages
On May 4, 10:54*am, Terry_Peters <Terry.Pet...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a number of Data Access Pages that are still in use globally for my
> company. The upgrade to IE 8 did not hurt most, but there are a few that do
> not work.
>
> These few that are broken in the upgrade are ones that have multiple
> section. Any idea why pages with multiple section would have a problem inIE
> 8?
>
> Those that have multiple section pull a lot of data so I filter by site,
> then date range before displaying records to users
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
> Terry
> P.S. replying to get off of Web components or stop using DAP at this point
> would not be much of a help in the short term.

Actually, it may be multi-level pages as well, but what I'm finding is
that it is pages that are designed in the "Tabular" vs. "Columnar"
format. Does this make sense on your end?

By the way, I love this technology and there is a place for it. I
have also found it very stable and bug free and incredibly easy to
deploy ( vs. stuff I compile with VB).

Thanks,

Robert