How To Revert Back To Explorer 8 From Optimized For Ebay Explorer

cbrussell

How To Revert Back To Explorer 8 From Optimized For Ebay Explorer
I have installed Internet Explorer 8 "optimized for Ebay." I would like to
remove that version and install just the plain Explorer 8. How do I
accomplish this? I tired uninstlling Explorer 8 and then reinstalling but I
still have the Ebay version.
Thanks

Re: How To Revert Back To Explorer 8 From Optimized For Ebay Explorer
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

Is this the first Ebay-customized version of IE you've installed?

Is Ebay Toolbar also installed?

After uninstalling IE8, is your previous IE version still "optimized for
Ebay"?

cbrussell wrote:
> I have installed Internet Explorer 8 "optimized for Ebay." I would like to
> remove that version and install just the plain Explorer 8. How do I
> accomplish this? I tired uninstlling Explorer 8 and then reinstalling but
> still have the Ebay version.
> Thanks

cbrussell

Re: How To Revert Back To Explorer 8 From Optimized For Ebay Explo
Sorry for the lack of details.
I am using Windows XP with Service Pak 3.
This is the first version of IE custimized version I have installed.
(installed it today)
The Ebay toolbar is not installed.
After uninstalling IE8 Optimized for Ebay, my system reverted back to IE7.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Is this the first Ebay-customized version of IE you've installed?
>
> Is Ebay Toolbar also installed?
>
> After uninstalling IE8, is your previous IE version still "optimized for
> Ebay"?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> cbrussell wrote:
> > I have installed Internet Explorer 8 "optimized for Ebay." I would like to
> > remove that version and install just the plain Explorer 8. How do I
> > accomplish this? I tired uninstlling Explorer 8 and then reinstalling but
> > still have the Ebay version.
> > Thanks

Re: How To Revert Back To Explorer 8 From Optimized For Ebay Explo
Download links for IE8 Final Release (non-customized, default version)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx