Rolling back from IE 8.0 to IE 7 (Windows XP)

Jimmy Ionic

Rolling back from IE 8.0 to IE 7 (Windows XP)
Would anybody please advise me how to roll back IE from ver. 8.0 to previous
ver. 7.0? Can I use System Restoration check point to revert the changes?

IE 8.0 seems a bit faulty in what concerns readdressing and page blocking,
showing excessive warning messages and so on. Does anyone experience similar
kind of impressions?

D. Spencer Hines

Re: Rolling Back From IE 8.0 To IE 7 (Windows XP)
Yes...

That's what I refer to as "Nanny Software"

A real pain in the neck.
--
DSH
Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"Jimmy Ionic" <JimmyIonic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Would anybody please advise me how to roll back IE from ver. 8.0 to
> previous
> ver. 7.0? Can I use System Restoration check point to revert the changes?
>
> IE 8.0 seems a bit faulty in what concerns readdressing and page blocking,
> showing excessive warning messages and so on. Does anyone experience
> similar
> kind of impressions?

Leonard Grey

Re: Rolling back from IE 8.0 to IE 7 (Windows XP)
Open a search engine (e.g., Google) and use this as your search term:

how to uninstall internet explorer 8

BTW: I have no trouble with IE 8.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Jimmy Ionic wrote:
> Would anybody please advise me how to roll back IE from ver. 8.0 to previous
> ver. 7.0? Can I use System Restoration check point to revert the changes?
>
> IE 8.0 seems a bit faulty in what concerns readdressing and page blocking,
> showing excessive warning messages and so on. Does anyone experience similar
> kind of impressions?

Helroy

> Open a search engine (e.g., Google) and use this as your search term:
>
> how to uninstall internet explorer 8
>
> BTW: I have no trouble with IE 8.

You must be the only one on the planet then.

--
Helroy
+++++++++

Re: Rolling back from IE 8.0 to IE 7 (Windows XP)
Do NOT use System Restore to uninstall ANYTHING!!!

How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

> ...Does anyone experience similar kind of impressions?

No.

Jimmy Ionic wrote:
> Would anybody please advise me how to roll back IE from ver. 8.0 to
> previous
> ver. 7.0? Can I use System Restoration check point to revert the changes?
>
> IE 8.0 seems a bit faulty in what concerns readdressing and page blocking,
> showing excessive warning messages and so on. Does anyone experience
> similar
> kind of impressions?

Leonard Grey

Re: Rolling back from IE 8.0 to IE 7 (Windows XP)
I seriously doubt I'm the only one on the planet who knows how to read.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Helroy wrote:
>> Open a search engine (e.g., Google) and use this as your search term:
>>
>> how to uninstall internet explorer 8
>>
>> BTW: I have no trouble with IE 8.

> You must be the only one on the planet then.

R.L Software

RE: Rolling back from IE 8.0 to IE 7 (Windows XP)
There is a tool for removing Ie8 from microsoft:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9646982

Source of said link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

R.L Software wrote:
> There is a tool for removing Ie8 from microsoft:
> http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9646982
>
> "Jimmy Ionic" wrote:
>
>> Would anybody please advise me how to roll back IE from ver. 8.0 to
>> previous ver. 7.0? Can I use System Restoration check point to revert the
>> changes?
>>
>> IE 8.0 seems a bit faulty in what concerns readdressing and page
>> blocking,
>> showing excessive warning messages and so on. Does anyone experience
>> similar kind of impressions?

Whirlies

Re: Rolling back from IE 8.0 to IE 7 (Windows XP)
Leonard Gray must work for Microsoft (or he's just plain stupid). You can't
even watch some Bloomberg videos because the IE 8.0 codecs are incompatible
with those used by Bloomberg.com. It's like Vista. Microsoft is always
rolling stuff out that is glitchy. This tells me that Leonard must have
fairly simplistic browser usage requirements, but makes an excellent beta
user. (yes man)

"RalfG" wrote:

> And you're not the only one who isn't having trouble with IE8 either.

> > I seriously doubt I'm the only one on the planet who knows how to read.
> > ---
> > Leonard Grey
> > Errare humanum est
> >
> > Helroy wrote:
> >> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> >> You must be the only one on the planet then.

Leonard Grey

Re: Rolling back from IE 8.0 to IE 7 (Windows XP)
Codecs are used by media players, not browsers, n00b. Your browser hosts
the media player.

In computing, as in life, there are those who learn how to get things
done, and those who complain. You're not even a good complainer.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est