IE 8 and NIS 2005

nospam

IE 8 and NIS 2005
I've been running IE 6 under Norton Internet Security 2005 Anti-Spyware
Edition without any problems. Has anyone had any experience with IE 8 under
NIS 2005?

Thanks in advance.

nospam

Re: IE 8 and NIS 2005
Nothing?

"nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I've been running IE 6 under Norton Internet Security 2005 Anti-Spyware
> Edition without any problems. Has anyone had any experience with IE 8
> under NIS 2005?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Donald Anadell

Re: IE 8 and NIS 2005

> Nothing?

You're asking in the wrong place, maybe you should ask your question about
NIS compatibility with IE8 in the NIS forum:

http://community.norton.com/norton/b...d=nis_feedback

See this thread for specifics as to which versions of NIS are concidered
compatible with IE8:
http://community.norton.com/norton/b...cending&page=1

Or jump to this Solution:
http://community.norton.com/norton/b...d=87525#U87525

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I've been running IE 6 under Norton Internet Security 2005 Anti-Spyware
>> Edition without any problems. Has anyone had any experience with IE 8
>> under NIS 2005?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

nospam

Re: IE 8 and NIS 2005
Hey, many thanks for searching out the links.

Norton's official position is that only the most current versions of NIS
support IE8, but they said the same thing about NIS 2003 and IE6 (that it
wouldn't work, but in fact it worked just fine). I was hoping for some
real-world user experience with NIS 2005 and IE8.

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>> Nothing?

> You're asking in the wrong place, maybe you should ask your question about
> NIS compatibility with IE8 in the NIS forum:
>
> http://community.norton.com/norton/b...d=nis_feedback
>
> See this thread for specifics as to which versions of NIS are concidered
> compatible with IE8:
> http://community.norton.com/norton/b...cending&page=1
>
> Or jump to this Solution:
> http://community.norton.com/norton/b...d=87525#U87525
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

>> "nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> I've been running IE 6 under Norton Internet Security 2005 Anti-Spyware
>>> Edition without any problems. Has anyone had any experience with IE 8
>>> under NIS 2005?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.

Donald Anadell

Re: IE 8 and NIS 2005

> Hey, many thanks for searching out the links.
>
> Norton's official position is that only the most current versions of NIS
> support IE8, but they said the same thing about NIS 2003 and IE6 (that it
> wouldn't work, but in fact it worked just fine). I was hoping for some
> real-world user experience with NIS 2005 and IE8.

If you are looking for real-world NIS user experiences in this newsgroup
then you probably won't get much feedback I'm afraid. The forum I pointed
you to would be your best shot at that.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Nothing?

>> You're asking in the wrong place, maybe you should ask your question
>> about NIS compatibility with IE8 in the NIS forum:
>>
>> http://community.norton.com/norton/b...d=nis_feedback
>>
>> See this thread for specifics as to which versions of NIS are concidered
>> compatible with IE8:
>> http://community.norton.com/norton/b...cending&page=1
>>
>> Or jump to this Solution:
>> http://community.norton.com/norton/b...d=87525#U87525
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

Leonard Grey

Re: IE 8 and NIS 2005
In addition to Donald's reply - and no offense intended - I think most
informed users would not even think of using NIS 2005 with IE 8.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Donald Anadell wrote:
> "nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hey, many thanks for searching out the links.
>>
>> Norton's official position is that only the most current versions of NIS
>> support IE8, but they said the same thing about NIS 2003 and IE6 (that it
>> wouldn't work, but in fact it worked just fine). I was hoping for some
>> real-world user experience with NIS 2005 and IE8.

> If you are looking for real-world NIS user experiences in this newsgroup
> then you probably won't get much feedback I'm afraid. The forum I pointed
> you to would be your best shot at that.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

>> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>> "nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

>>> You're asking in the wrong place, maybe you should ask your question
>>> about NIS compatibility with IE8 in the NIS forum:
>>>
>>> http://community.norton.com/norton/b...d=nis_feedback
>>>
>>> See this thread for specifics as to which versions of NIS are concidered
>>> compatible with IE8:
>>> http://community.norton.com/norton/b...cending&page=1
>>>
>>> Or jump to this Solution:
>>> http://community.norton.com/norton/b...d=87525#U87525
>>>
>>> Good luck,
>>>
>>> Donald Anadell

nospam

Re: IE 8 and NIS 2005
No offense taken. I'm more knowledgeable than most folks, and I have my
reasons.

> In addition to Donald's reply - and no offense intended - I think most
> informed users would not even think of using NIS 2005 with IE 8.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Donald Anadell wrote:
>> "nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> Hey, many thanks for searching out the links.
>>>
>>> Norton's official position is that only the most current versions of NIS
>>> support IE8, but they said the same thing about NIS 2003 and IE6 (that
>>> it wouldn't work, but in fact it worked just fine). I was hoping for
>>> some real-world user experience with NIS 2005 and IE8.

>> If you are looking for real-world NIS user experiences in this newsgroup
>> then you probably won't get much feedback I'm afraid. The forum I
>> pointed you to would be your best shot at that.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

nospam

Re: IE 8 and NIS 2005