Iexplore. - application error

BCloud

Iexplore. - application error
When i try to start IE8 I get this error - iexplorer.exe - Application Error
The Instruction at "0x5a934001" referenced memory at "0x5a934001". The memory
could not be "written".
IE8 will not work.
Any Help?
rob^_^

Re: Iexplore. - application error
Hi Cloud,

Check for updates for your Google Toolbar at toolbar.google.com (v5 final or
v6 beta).

Regards.

"BCloud" <BCloud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i try to start IE8 I get this error - iexplorer.exe - Application
> Error
> The Instruction at "0x5a934001" referenced memory at "0x5a934001". The
> memory
> could not be "written".
> IE8 will not work.
> Any Help?

Re: Iexplore. - application error
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

Did you encounter this behavior prior to installing IE8? Do you encounter
this behavior after uninstalling it?

BCloud wrote:
> When i try to start IE8 I get this error - iexplorer.exe - Application
> Error
> The Instruction at "0x5a934001" referenced memory at "0x5a934001". The
> memory could not be "written".
> IE8 will not work.
> Any Help?

BCloud

Re: Iexplore. - application error
Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234:Service Pack 3)
Did not encounter this behavior with IE7.
Several uninstalls and reinstalls. Same error.
Am using IE7, no problems.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Did you encounter this behavior prior to installing IE8? Do you encounter
> this behavior after uninstalling it?
>
> BCloud wrote:
> > When i try to start IE8 I get this error - iexplorer.exe - Application
> > Error
> > The Instruction at "0x5a934001" referenced memory at "0x5a934001". The
> > memory could not be "written".
> > IE8 will not work.
> > Any Help?

Re: Iexplore. - application error
With IE8 installed:

1. Does the behavior persist if you access the page in Compatibility Mode?

2. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

3. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?

4. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

With IE8 or IE7 installed:

5a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

5b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

BCloud wrote:
> Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234:Service Pack 3)
> Did not encounter this behavior with IE7.
> Several uninstalls and reinstalls. Same error.
> Am using IE7, no problems.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> Did you encounter this behavior prior to installing IE8? Do you
>> encounter
>> this behavior after uninstalling it?
>>
>> BCloud wrote:
>>> When i try to start IE8 I get this error - iexplorer.exe - Application
>>> Error
>>> The Instruction at "0x5a934001" referenced memory at "0x5a934001". The
>>> memory could not be "written".
>>> IE8 will not work.
>>> Any Help?

frigginmeow

Re: Iexplore. - application error
I get the same error on two different machines, one a homebuilt, another a
Dell Laptop, each about 1.5 yrs old, both running XP SP3, each with an Intel
Core 2 proc, and 4GB ram. Norton Internet Suite, Spyware Doctor and
Spyblaster are also installed.

First off, the IE7 Icons are never removed during IE8's install. Without
fail I get the same error on both machines having tried to install directly
from the web, or from a download of IE8. I've not tried in Compatibility
Mode, nor in No Add-ons Mode, nor in Safe Mode nor after having reset IE
Advanced Settings - why should I? If IE8 is ready for prime time it should
install and work with out such BS. I HAVE tried installing with the Norton
Suite and all other Spyware off and on. Same failure both ways. Until I see
a reason for and a fix for this problem posted here or somewhere on an MS
site, I will not continue to waste my time with IE8.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> With IE8 installed:
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you access the page in Compatibility Mode?
>
> 2. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE in No Add-ons mode:

> Add-ons; or

> Explorer (No add-ons).

> 3. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
>
> 4. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>
> With IE8 or IE7 installed:
>
> 5a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed
> IE8?
>
> 5b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>

> BCloud wrote:
> > Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234:Service Pack 3)
> > Did not encounter this behavior with IE7.
> > Several uninstalls and reinstalls. Same error.
> > Am using IE7, no problems.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
> >> posting to this newsgroup.
> >>
> >> Did you encounter this behavior prior to installing IE8? Do you
> >> encounter
> >> this behavior after uninstalling it?

Re: Iexplore. - application error
To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems.
State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2)
in your first post.

*******meow wrote:
> I get the same error on two different machines, one a homebuilt, another a
> Dell Laptop, each about 1.5 yrs old, both running XP SP3, each with an
> Intel
> Core 2 proc, and 4GB ram. Norton Internet Suite, Spyware Doctor and
> Spyblaster are also installed.
>
> First off, the IE7 Icons are never removed during IE8's install. Without
> fail I get the same error on both machines having tried to install
> directly
> from the web, or from a download of IE8. I've not tried in Compatibility
> Mode, nor in No Add-ons Mode, nor in Safe Mode nor after having reset IE
> Advanced Settings - why should I? If IE8 is ready for prime time it
> should
> install and work with out such BS. I HAVE tried installing with the
> Norton
> Suite and all other Spyware off and on. Same failure both ways. Until I
> see a reason for and a fix for this problem posted here or somewhere on an
> MS site, I will not continue to waste my time with IE8.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> With IE8 installed:
>>
>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you access the page in Compatibility
>> Mode?
>>
>> 2. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To
>> start
>> IE in No Add-ons mode:
>>
>> => Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
>> Add-ons; or

>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>
>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
>>
>> 3. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
>>
>> 4. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>> [Careful! Only remain in Safe Mode just long enough to test!]
>>
>> With IE8 or IE7 installed:
>>
>> 5a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
>> subscription current, and is it supported in IE8? What anti-spyware
>> applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
>> installed
>> IE8?
>>
>> 5b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> machine
>>

>> BCloud wrote:
>>> Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234:Service Pack 3)
>>> Did not encounter this behavior with IE7.
>>> Several uninstalls and reinstalls. Same error.

DennisSr39

RE: Iexplore. - application error at "0x5a934001" memory not written
After downloading the Internet Explorer 8.0, I clicked on the Explorer icon
and got the application error. I went to the programs through the Start
button and tried to start Internet Explorer 8.0. Again I got the error.

I'm running Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, Build 2600 on a Dell
OptiPlex 330 machine with a 2.20 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo with 64 kilobyes
of primary memory cache and 2048 kilobytes of secondary memory and 2018
Megabytes of RAM.

I have an internet VPN connection that continues to work just fine and I
have MSN Verizon installed for Email and it continues to work just fine.
It's just the Explorer that no longer loads after downloading the IE8
upgrade. Does Microsoft have a fix for this problem?

DennisSr39 wrote:
> After downloading the Internet Explorer 8.0, I clicked on the Explorer
> icon
> and got the application error. I went to the programs through the Start
> button and tried to start Internet Explorer 8.0. Again I got the error.
>
> I'm running Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, Build 2600 on a Dell
> OptiPlex 330 machine with a 2.20 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo with 64
> kilobyes
> of primary memory cache and 2048 kilobytes of secondary memory and 2018
> Megabytes of RAM.
>
> I have an internet VPN connection that continues to work just fine and I
> have MSN Verizon installed for Email and it continues to work just fine.
> It's just the Explorer that no longer loads after downloading the IE8
> upgrade. Does Microsoft have a fix for this problem?
>
> "BCloud" wrote:
>
>> When i try to start IE8 I get this error - iexplorer.exe - Application
>> Error The Instruction at "0x5a934001" referenced memory at "0x5a934001".
>> The memory could not be "written".
>> IE8 will not work.
>> Any Help?

JIM