Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

How do I view web-based Excel documents in IE 7.0?

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2009
Wolfman566
 

Posts: n/a
How do I view web-based Excel documents in IE 7.0?
Had to reinstall software on computer. Clean install of Windows XP SP3, IE
7.0 and Office 2007 Enterprise edition -- all software up-to-date. Have
several websites I routinely use that have Excel spreadsheets embedded in
them. IE 7.0 doesn't display these spreadsheets. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How do I view web-based Excel documents in IE 7.0?
What websites, where?

Why did you need to reinstall Windows? Did you format & reinstall?

Wolfman566 wrote:
> Had to reinstall software on computer. Clean install of Windows XP SP3, IE
> 7.0 and Office 2007 Enterprise edition -- all software up-to-date. Have
> several websites I routinely use that have Excel spreadsheets embedded in
> them. IE 7.0 doesn't display these spreadsheets. Any suggestions?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2009
Wolfman566
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How do I view web-based Excel documents in IE 7.0?
Had to reinstall due to a hard drive problem. New hard drive installed, clean
install of all software on new hard drive.

Primary website is: http://www.banking.state.ny.us/sibrokbr.htm

Has an embedded Excel spreadsheet containing a list of NY state mortgage
brokers. use for work.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> What websites, where?
>
> Why did you need to reinstall Windows? Did you format & reinstall?
>
> Wolfman566 wrote:
> > Had to reinstall software on computer. Clean install of Windows XP SP3, IE
> > 7.0 and Office 2007 Enterprise edition -- all software up-to-date. Have
> > several websites I routinely use that have Excel spreadsheets embedded in
> > them. IE 7.0 doesn't display these spreadsheets. Any suggestions?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How do I view web-based Excel documents in IE 7.0?
Is the machine fully patched at Windows Update & Office Update?

Did you install Office 2007 SP2 just before this problem started?

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
in the background when you installed WinXP SP3 and/or IE7 and/or Office 2007
SP2?

Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
(e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it and
which would have been reinstalled, but invalid, if you reinstalled windows
using the OEM CD)?


Wolfman566 wrote:
> Had to reinstall due to a hard drive problem. New hard drive installed,
> clean install of all software on new hard drive.
>
> Primary website is: http://www.banking.state.ny.us/sibrokbr.htm
>
> Has an embedded Excel spreadsheet containing a list of NY state mortgage
> brokers. use for work.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What websites, where?
>>
>> Why did you need to reinstall Windows? Did you format & reinstall?
>>
>> Wolfman566 wrote:
>>> Had to reinstall software on computer. Clean install of Windows XP SP3,
>>> IE
>>> 7.0 and Office 2007 Enterprise edition -- all software up-to-date. Have
>>> several websites I routinely use that have Excel spreadsheets embedded
>>> in
>>> them. IE 7.0 doesn't display these spreadsheets. Any suggestions?


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2009
Wolfman566
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How do I view web-based Excel documents in IE 7.0?
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Is the machine fully patched at Windows Update & Office Update?


Fully patched and updated.

> Did you install Office 2007 SP2 just before this problem started?


Not sure on this one, as I installed and updated ALL software in one
sitting, prior to using machine for first time.

> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
> in the background when you installed WinXP SP3 and/or IE7 and/or Office 2007
> SP2?


Only anti-virus/security suite installed is MS Live One Care. This was the
LAST software installed, after IE 7.0, Office 2007 and after ALL software
updated and patched.

> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
> (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it and
> which would have been reinstalled, but invalid, if you reinstalled windows
> using the OEM CD)?


Nothing installed, ever

> Wolfman566 wrote:
> > Had to reinstall due to a hard drive problem. New hard drive installed,
> > clean install of all software on new hard drive.
> >
> > Primary website is: http://www.banking.state.ny.us/sibrokbr.htm
> >
> > Has an embedded Excel spreadsheet containing a list of NY state mortgage
> > brokers. use for work.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> What websites, where?
> >>
> >> Why did you need to reinstall Windows? Did you format & reinstall?
> >>
> >> Wolfman566 wrote:
> >>> Had to reinstall software on computer. Clean install of Windows XP SP3,
> >>> IE
> >>> 7.0 and Office 2007 Enterprise edition -- all software up-to-date. Have
> >>> several websites I routinely use that have Excel spreadsheets embedded
> >>> in
> >>> them. IE 7.0 doesn't display these spreadsheets. Any suggestions?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How do I view web-based Excel documents in IE 7.0?
>> Did you install Office 2007 SP2 just before this problem started?
>
> Not sure on this one, as I installed and updated ALL software in one
> sitting, prior to using machine for first time.


Let us know when you find out. Meanwhile...

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE in No Add-ons mode:

=> Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
Add-ons; or

=> Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx

2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 <= Read before using!

3. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
[Careful! Only remain in Safe Mode just long enough to test!]

4. Does the behavior persist in IE6 if you uninstall IE7?


Wolfman566 wrote:
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Is the machine fully patched at Windows Update & Office Update?

>
> Fully patched and updated.
>
>> Did you install Office 2007 SP2 just before this problem started?

>
> Not sure on this one, as I installed and updated ALL software in one
> sitting, prior to using machine for first time.
>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
>> applications running in the background when you installed WinXP SP3
>> and/or
>> IE7 and/or Office 2007 SP2?

>
> Only anti-virus/security suite installed is MS Live One Care. This was the
> LAST software installed, after IE 7.0, Office 2007 and after ALL software
> updated and patched.
>
>> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>> (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it and
>> which would have been reinstalled, but invalid, if you reinstalled
>> windows
>> using the OEM CD)?

>
> Nothing installed, ever
>
>> Wolfman566 wrote:
>>> Had to reinstall due to a hard drive problem. New hard drive installed,
>>> clean install of all software on new hard drive.
>>>
>>> Primary website is: http://www.banking.state.ny.us/sibrokbr.htm
>>>
>>> Has an embedded Excel spreadsheet containing a list of NY state mortgage
>>> brokers. use for work.
>>>
>>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>>
>>>> What websites, where?
>>>>
>>>> Why did you need to reinstall Windows? Did you format & reinstall?
>>>>
>>>> Wolfman566 wrote:
>>>>> Had to reinstall software on computer. Clean install of Windows XP
>>>>> SP3,
>>>>> IE
>>>>> 7.0 and Office 2007 Enterprise edition -- all software up-to-date.
>>>>> Have
>>>>> several websites I routinely use that have Excel spreadsheets embedded
>>>>> in
>>>>> them. IE 7.0 doesn't display these spreadsheets. Any suggestions?


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to view Excel document without Microsoft Office Excel installe jl microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 12 04-21-2008 05:53
Can't View My Documents from Enclosure NumberCruncher13 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 04-04-2008 12:50
word and excel documents in Vista? =?Utf-8?B?Um9vbjU=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 03-14-2007 16:51
Excel documents =?Utf-8?B?UmVkY293?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-03-2007 02:20




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:36.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120