TYPING PROBLEMS

BOBALOO711

TYPING PROBLEMS
HELP!!! I AM HAVING AN ISSUE WITH IE (VER. 7). WHENEVER I TYPE A LETTER OR
NUMBER IN ANY FIELD ON IE, I RECEIVE DUPLICATE CHARACTERS WITH EACH
STROKE.... THAT IS, AA, BB, 22, 33, AND SO FORTH. SAME HOLDS TRUE WITH MY
E-MAIL ACCOUNT. I TRIED OTHER KEY BOARDS WITH THE SAME RESULT. I FINALLY WENT
TO ANOTHER BROWSER (FIRE FOX) WITH NORMAL RESULTS. NOT SURE WHAT TO DO. ANY
HELP IN THIS MATTER WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. SINCERELY, BOB M
Don Varnau

Re: TYPING PROBLEMS
Hi,
1. Your message would be easier to read if it weren't all caps.

2. Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not matter.)

3. From Start> Control Panel or Start> Settings> Control Panel, go to
Keyboard and move the Repeat delay slider a notch or two in the direction of
Long.

4. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
- -
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> 1. Your message would be easier to read if it weren't all caps.
>
> 2. Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not matter.)
>
> 3. From Start> Control Panel or Start> Settings> Control Panel, go to
> Keyboard and move the Repeat delay slider a notch or two in the direction of
> Long.
>
> 4. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> or
> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.
>
> For troubleshooting information see:
> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
>
> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
> - -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "BOBALOO711" <BOBALOO711@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HELP!!! I AM HAVING AN ISSUE WITH IE (VER. 7). WHENEVER I TYPE A LETTER OR
> > NUMBER IN ANY FIELD ON IE, I RECEIVE DUPLICATE CHARACTERS WITH EACH
> > STROKE.... THAT IS, AA, BB, 22, 33, AND SO FORTH. SAME HOLDS TRUE WITH MY
> > E-MAIL ACCOUNT. I TRIED OTHER KEY BOARDS WITH THE SAME RESULT. I FINALLY

> WENT
> > TO ANOTHER BROWSER (FIRE FOX) WITH NORMAL RESULTS. NOT SURE WHAT TO DO.

> ANY
> > HELP IN THIS MATTER WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. SINCERELY, BOB M

> HEY DON....I want to thank you for your expertise in this matter. YES...it worked!!!

And just a note....sorry about the "CAPS"
Don Varnau

Re: TYPING PROBLEMS

> > HEY DON....I want to thank you for your expertise in this matter.

YES...it worked!!!
> And just a note....sorry about the "CAPS"

You're welcome. Thanks for the update.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]