Is there a fix for these IE 8 problems

nobody

Is there a fix for these IE 8 problems
1. when I click on a link I like a new tab to open but it's not working

2. I have to click file|new tab and then the page opens to a default IE 8
page,

3. when I click on the "home" button I'm use to IE opening a new tab by
default IE8 doesn't

how can I fix these problems?

thanks

Donald Anadell

Re: Is there a fix for these IE 8 problems

"nobody" <nobody@isp.com> wrote in message

> 1. when I click on a link I like a new tab to open but it's not working

What happens?

Have you tried holding the CTRL key down before left-clicking the link"
Have you tried right-clicking on the link and selecting "Open in New Tab"

IE8 Tabbed browsing Frequently asked Questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...afd6e1033.mspx

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> 2. I have to click file|new tab and then the page opens to a default IE 8
> page,

See above!

> 3. when I click on the "home" button I'm use to IE opening a new tab by
> default IE8 doesn't

> how can I fix these problems?
>
> thanks

nobody

Re: Is there a fix for these IE 8 problems
I fixed everything....thanks

>I fixed everything....thanks

You're welcome, glad you got it sorted out.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "nobody" <nobody@isp.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> 1. when I click on a link I like a new tab to open but it's not working

>> What happens?
>>
>> Have you tried holding the CTRL key down before left-clicking the link"
>> Have you tried right-clicking on the link and selecting "Open in New Tab"
>>
>> IE8 Tabbed browsing Frequently asked Questions:
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...afd6e1033.mspx
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> 2. I have to click file|new tab and then the page opens to a default IE
>>> 8 page,

>> See above!
>>

>>> 3. when I click on the "home" button I'm use to IE opening a new tab by
>>> default IE8 doesn't

>>> how can I fix these problems?
>>>
>>> thanks

nobody

Re: Is there a fix for these IE 8 problems
There are two things that I still can't fix but from all the post on the net
about one of them I feel it is just a problem with IE 8. I like my browser
to open a new tab when I click on a link on a page, I don't want to have to
right click to select new tab, we should be able to set IE 8 to open a new
tab when a link is clicked.

The other problem is I have always had all my Internet Explorers set so when
I click on the "home" button it opens a new tab .....now it just changes the
current page open... a real pain in my ARS.....