IE8

Martin

IE8
I have IE8 and it was downloaded and installed by windows update. Is where a
wy that i can remove it from my pc without uninstalling media player 11 and
the user-mode driver???
VanguardLH

Re: IE8
Martin wrote:

> I have IE8 and it was downloaded and installed by windows update. Is where a
> wy that i can remove it from my pc without uninstalling media player 11 and
> the user-mode driver???

You didn't think that mentioning WHICH version of Windows that you use
was important?

Did you go look in the Add/Remove Programs applet (and showing updates,
too) in Control Panel to see if there was an entry for "Windows Internet
Explorer 8"? For Windows XP, you cannot uninstall IE8 if SP-3 was
installed after the install of IE8. You will need to first uninstall
SP-3 before you can uninstall IE8.

You could also search Microsoft's support knowledgebase at
http://support.microsoft.com/. There are a lot of knowledgebase
articles there many of which are often noted in many replies in the
newsgroups. Doing a search there turned up:

How Do I Uninstall or Remove Internet Explorer 8?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Windows Internet Explorer 8 does not appear in the "Currently Installed
Updates" list in Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/965227

Re: IE8
How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8

Martin wrote:
> I have IE8 and it was downloaded and installed by windows update. Is where
> wy that i can remove it from my pc without uninstalling media player 11
> and
> the user-mode driver???

Martin

Re: IE8
Hi

I use win xp home and Sp3 was installed before ie8. I went to add/remove
programmes and when i click remove then next it gives me 3 updates that if i
remove ie8 the 3 updates will not work correctly.

How can i remove ie8 without doing nothing to the 3 updates???

Martin wrote:

> I use win xp home and Sp3 was installed before ie8. I went to add/remove
> programmes and when i click remove then next it gives me 3 updates that if i
> remove ie8 the 3 updates will not work correctly.
>
> How can i remove ie8 without doing nothing to the 3 updates???

From my prior reply:

How Do I Uninstall or Remove Internet Explorer 8?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Re: IE8
It's safe to ignore that warning but make certain you check-in at Windows
Update immediately after uninstalling IE8 and install any Critical Updates
offered (i.e., KB963027). If a Root Certificates update is listed in the
Optional Updates category, install it to take full advantage of IE7's
enhanced security.