Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE8 Corruption Message.

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2009
Owen McKenzie
 

Posts: n/a
IE8 Corruption Message.
I get the following message every time IE8 opens. This is new since the
install. AVG scans find nothing.

Running XP SP3

"A program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider
setting for Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer has reset this setting to your original search provider,
Google (www.google.com).

Internet Explorer will now open Search Settings, where you can change this
setting or install more search providers."

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

--
Owen McKenzie
Posting from Dodge City,KS

When you're up to your ass in alligators,
today is the first day in the rest of your life.

Terry Pratchett


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Corruption Message.
Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested logs
in an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/prevention.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware

**Seek expert assistance in
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0,
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22,
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup, http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
or other appropriate forums.**

If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting this
isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair shop.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002

Owen McKenzie wrote:
> I get the following message every time IE8 opens. This is new since the
> install. AVG scans find nothing.
>
> Running XP SP3
>
> "A program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider
> setting for Internet Explorer.
>
> Internet Explorer has reset this setting to your original search provider,
> Google (www.google.com).
>
> Internet Explorer will now open Search Settings, where you can change this
> setting or install more search providers."
>
> Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2009
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Corruption Message.
Hi,
1. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the warning does not appear, a browser add-on is trying to change your
default search

To determine which add-on is the culprit, see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx

928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

2. If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program
as the cause.
936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]


"Owen McKenzie" <jomckenzie@escapees.com> wrote in message
news:760rsrF19ctgbU2@mid.individual.net...
> I get the following message every time IE8 opens. This is new since the
> install. AVG scans find nothing.
>
> Running XP SP3
>
> "A program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider
> setting for Internet Explorer.
>
> Internet Explorer has reset this setting to your original search provider,
> Google (www.google.com).
>
> Internet Explorer will now open Search Settings, where you can change this
> setting or install more search providers."
>
> Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
>
> - -
> Owen McKenzie
> Posting from Dodge City,KS
>
> When you're up to your ass in alligators,
> today is the first day in the rest of your life.
>
> Terry Pratchett


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2009
MJHeil
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Corruption Message.
This seems to be a pretty common issue judging by the web traffic and blogs.

I have the same issue as above, disabling all add-ons by either method
doesn't change anything. Running XP3 & IE8 w/ Norton AV2009.

This issue started the first time I opened IE8 after using Windows Update to
install it early this week. I thought I waited long enough for a bug-free IE8.

Give us a new answer, no scripts!

thank you,

MJHeil

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> 1. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> or
> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> If the warning does not appear, a browser add-on is trying to change your
> default search
>
> To determine which add-on is the culprit, see:
> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>
> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>
> 2. If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program
> as the cause.
> 936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
> Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
>
> "Owen McKenzie" <jomckenzie@escapees.com> wrote in message
> news:760rsrF19ctgbU2@mid.individual.net...
> > I get the following message every time IE8 opens. This is new since the
> > install. AVG scans find nothing.
> >
> > Running XP SP3
> >
> > "A program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider
> > setting for Internet Explorer.
> >
> > Internet Explorer has reset this setting to your original search provider,
> > Google (www.google.com).
> >
> > Internet Explorer will now open Search Settings, where you can change this
> > setting or install more search providers."
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
> >
> > - -
> > Owen McKenzie
> > Posting from Dodge City,KS
> >
> > When you're up to your ass in alligators,
> > today is the first day in the rest of your life.
> >
> > Terry Pratchett

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2009
Donald Anadell
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Corruption Message.

"MJHeil" <MJHeil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:683C4D85-ABE0-4133-BB3D-0B87FBB167C1@microsoft.com...
> This seems to be a pretty common issue judging by the web traffic and
> blogs.
>
> I have the same issue as above, disabling all add-ons by either method
> doesn't change anything. Running XP3 & IE8 w/ Norton AV2009.
>
> This issue started the first time I opened IE8 after using Windows Update
> to
> install it early this week. I thought I waited long enough for a bug-free
> IE8.
>
> Give us a new answer, no scripts!


It's always best to start your own thread detailing your issues. "Me to"
posts are at best overlooked and at worst ignored.

I don't know what your compter skills level is, but you might want to take a
look at the following blog with regard to a registry tweak that has resolved
this issue for some folks using Windows XP and IE8:

http://blog.kirb.us/2009/03/20/a-pro...rnet-explorer/

Good luck,

Donald Anadell


>
> thank you,
>
> MJHeil
>
> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> 1. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
>> Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
>> or
>> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
>> If the warning does not appear, a browser add-on is trying to change your
>> default search
>>
>> To determine which add-on is the culprit, see:
>> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>>
>> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an
>> add-on
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>>
>> 2. If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party
>> program
>> as the cause.
>> 936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
>> Windows Vista:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Don
>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>
>>
>> "Owen McKenzie" <jomckenzie@escapees.com> wrote in message
>> news:760rsrF19ctgbU2@mid.individual.net...
>> > I get the following message every time IE8 opens. This is new since the
>> > install. AVG scans find nothing.
>> >
>> > Running XP SP3
>> >
>> > "A program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider
>> > setting for Internet Explorer.
>> >
>> > Internet Explorer has reset this setting to your original search
>> > provider,
>> > Google (www.google.com).
>> >
>> > Internet Explorer will now open Search Settings, where you can change
>> > this
>> > setting or install more search providers."
>> >
>> > Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
>> >
>> > - -
>> > Owen McKenzie
>> > Posting from Dodge City,KS
>> >
>> > When you're up to your ass in alligators,
>> > today is the first day in the rest of your life.
>> >
>> > Terry Pratchett

>>
>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IE8 Corruption Pete B microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 0 03-23-2009 16:17
Vista - IE7 corruption? Masterbowl microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 4 06-09-2008 12:59
Corruption? DC microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-23-2008 17:14
Article ID: 927828 Message when you connect certain USB flash drives to a computer that is running Windows Vista: "Corruption has been detected on this volume" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Wpc.dll corruption after upgrade =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdGluIERhdmlz?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 1 04-07-2007 06:50




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:25.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120