IE8 and Daily Dilber Gadget

Spirit

IE8 and Daily Dilber Gadget
Installed IE8 and now the Daily Dilbert gadget does not work.
Tried uninstall/re-install but no joy. Any help?

http://www.csharptricks.com/Articles/DailyDilbert.aspx
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 and Daily Dilber Gadget
Is the Daily Dilbert Gadget compatible with IE 8?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Spirit wrote:
> Installed IE8 and now the Daily Dilbert gadget does not work. Tried
> uninstall/re-install but no joy. Any help?
>
> http://www.csharptricks.com/Articles/DailyDilbert.aspx

Spirit

Re: IE8 and Daily Dilber Gadget
I can't find anything that says either way....

Wondering if a setting in IE8 breaks it.

> Is the Daily Dilbert Gadget compatible with IE 8?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Spirit wrote:
>> Installed IE8 and now the Daily Dilbert gadget does not work. Tried
>> uninstall/re-install but no joy. Any help?
>>
>> http://www.csharptricks.com/Articles/DailyDilbert.aspx

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 and Daily Dilber Gadget
Because of significant code and feature changes in Internet Explorer 8,
some previously existing web pages are not be compatible with the new
browser.

Web pages that were developed for previous versions of Internet
Explorer, or with proprietary HTML or scripting extensions, might not
function the same way in Internet Explorer 8. Web developers need to
test their web pages to identify compatibility issues with Internet
Explorer 8, and redesign web pages that do not function properly.

For now, try Compatibility View.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Spirit wrote:
> I can't find anything that says either way....
>
> Wondering if a setting in IE8 breaks it.

>> Is the Daily Dilbert Gadget compatible with IE 8?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Spirit wrote:
>>> Installed IE8 and now the Daily Dilbert gadget does not work. Tried
>>> uninstall/re-install but no joy. Any help?
>>>
>>> http://www.csharptricks.com/Articles/DailyDilbert.aspx

Spirit

Re: IE8 and Daily Dilber Gadget
Its a gadget...... only shows the cartoon on a pop-out.

Do have compatibility view set.

Look here :

> Because of significant code and feature changes in Internet Explorer 8,
> some previously existing web pages are not be compatible with the new
> browser.
>
> Web pages that were developed for previous versions of Internet Explorer,
> or with proprietary HTML or scripting extensions, might not function the
> same way in Internet Explorer 8. Web developers need to test their web
> pages to identify compatibility issues with Internet Explorer 8, and
> redesign web pages that do not function properly.
>
> For now, try Compatibility View.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Spirit wrote:
>> I can't find anything that says either way....
>>
>> Wondering if a setting in IE8 breaks it.
>>
>> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Is the Daily Dilbert Gadget compatible with IE 8?
>>> ---
>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est

Steve Hebert

Re: IE8 and Daily Dilber Gadget
I think the timing is purely coincidental. This gadget picks up an rss feed
from feeburner and their service seems to be becoming increasingly
unreliable. My Dilbert gadget hasn't worked for a little while either, but
I wasn't too worried about it because that has happened in the past. In the
course of researching this issue while writing this, my gadget started
working again. Perhaps it was because I did a tracert to feedburner.com and
tried to access their website with several browsers (including from XP IE6
virtual machine). Try running a ping or tracert to feedburner.com,
accessing the website with your browser, or directly accessing the Dilbert
feed at http://feeds.feedburner.com/vistadilbert23

Steve