Internet explorer 8 slow and painfull

Woodzys

Internet explorer 8 slow and painfull
It is driving me mad, the real pain is opening another tab, there is a 4-8
second delay - what's going on?? Its not my connection IE7 working fine up
until this upgrade, I have disabled as many "add ons" as possible but I think
it has something to do with the highlighted address url bar, can this
function (what exactly is it?) be turned of.

Hope to get some answers here before totally switching over to Firefox like
everyone keeps advising me to anyway (only fact i have so many favourites set
up in IE stopped me so far)
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet explorer 8 slow and painfull
To transfer your Favorites to Firefox: Use the Import and Export Wizard
in Internet Explorer to export your Favorites to an HTML file. In
Firefox, import the HTML file.

Enjoy the Firefox newsgroups.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Woodzys wrote:
> It is driving me mad, the real pain is opening another tab, there is a 4-8
> second delay - what's going on?? Its not my connection IE7 working fine up
> until this upgrade, I have disabled as many "add ons" as possible but I think
> it has something to do with the highlighted address url bar, can this
> function (what exactly is it?) be turned of.
>
> Hope to get some answers here before totally switching over to Firefox like
> everyone keeps advising me to anyway (only fact i have so many favourites set
> up in IE stopped me so far)

VanguardLH

Woodzys wrote:

> It is driving me mad, the real pain is opening another tab, there is a
> 4-8 second delay - what's going on?? Its not my connection IE7
> working fine up until this upgrade, I have disabled as many "add ons"
> as possible but I think it has something to do with the highlighted
> address url bar, can this function (what exactly is it?) be turned
> of.
>
> Hope to get some answers here before totally switching over to
> Firefox like everyone keeps advising me to anyway (only fact i have
> so many favourites set up in IE stopped me so far)

Remove all sites from the Restricted Sites security zone. Thousands of
entries (added by anti-malware programs) in this list will severely
slow IE8. Known bug. Manual removal is tedious. Save
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/DelDomains.inf to a file, right-click
on it, and select Install. This will make registry changes to delete
the ZoneMap entries and recreate them (but empty). ALL sites in every
security zone are deleted. If you have entries in the Trusted Sites
zone, record them before deletion.

Re: Internet explorer 8 slow and painfull
Windows version is...?

See this related discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...9478566ac1ee9b

Also see:

Internet Explorer 8 takes longer than expected to start:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969938

Woodzys wrote:
> It is driving me mad, the real pain is opening another tab, there is a 4-8
> second delay - what's going on?? Its not my connection IE7 working fine
> up
> until this upgrade, I have disabled as many "add ons" as possible but I
> think it has something to do with the highlighted address url bar, can
> this
> function (what exactly is it?) be turned of.
>
> Hope to get some answers here before totally switching over to Firefox
> like
> everyone keeps advising me to anyway (only fact i have so many favourites
> set up in IE stopped me so far)

Woodzys

Re: Internet explorer 8 slow and painfull
Thx for the link VanguardLH its seems to have done the trick, back to instant
page / tab loading.

I read the other posted link about Spybot maybe been the problem, I do have
this its the only "add-on" I kept enabled, so in layman terms by following
your instructions but keeping Spybot enabled am I still secure?

Thx for your help

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> Woodzys wrote:
>
> > It is driving me mad, the real pain is opening another tab, there is a
> > 4-8 second delay - what's going on?? Its not my connection IE7
> > working fine up until this upgrade, I have disabled as many "add ons"
> > as possible but I think it has something to do with the highlighted
> > address url bar, can this function (what exactly is it?) be turned
> > of.
> >
> > Hope to get some answers here before totally switching over to
> > Firefox like everyone keeps advising me to anyway (only fact i have
> > so many favourites set up in IE stopped me so far)

> Remove all sites from the Restricted Sites security zone. Thousands of
> entries (added by anti-malware programs) in this list will severely
> slow IE8. Known bug. Manual removal is tedious. Save
> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/DelDomains.inf to a file, right-click
> on it, and select Install. This will make registry changes to delete
> the ZoneMap entries and recreate them (but empty). ALL sites in every
> security zone are deleted. If you have entries in the Trusted Sites
> zone, record them before deletion.

Victek

"Woodzys" <Woodzys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thx for the link VanguardLH its seems to have done the trick, back to
> instant
> page / tab loading.
>
> I read the other posted link about Spybot maybe been the problem, I do
> have
> this its the only "add-on" I kept enabled, so in layman terms by following
> your instructions but keeping Spybot enabled am I still secure?
>
> Thx for your help

I've read that the protection provided by the new SmartScreen filter
compensates for the lack of a restricted sites list. I haven't seen any
in-depth testing though. You may want to try the standalone AVG Link
Scanner for additional protection against bad sites.

Re: Internet explorer 8 slow and painfull
Reposting for emphasis: