debug error with IE8

forida

debug error with IE8
Every time I try to open www.gsn.com, I get an error message and it gives the
choice to "debug" or "close". I never had a problem with this website with
IE7. Can anyone help, please?
Don Varnau

Re: debug error with IE8
Hi,
I suspect a Flash problem.

Try uninstalling / reinstalling Flash Player. Use the uninstaller at
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
Flash player download:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

If reinstalling Flash doesn't resolve the issue, disable the debug dialog.

From IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced...
Check "Disable script debugging" and uncheck "Display a notification about
every script error."

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"forida" <forida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to open www.gsn.com, I get an error message and it gives

the
> choice to "debug" or "close". I never had a problem with this website

with
> IE7. Can anyone help, please?

forida

Re: debug error with IE8
Thanks for the info Don,,,but uninstalling Flash and reinstalling didn't
help, also no luck with the "tools" info - any other suggestions? I
appreciate the prompt response from you! The error message says "Internet
Explorer has encountered a problem and will now close", then underneath it
has "debug" and "close" tabs. Sometimes when I click either tab everything
freezes up and I have to do C,A,D. Thanks so much for any help you can offer!
Vicki

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> I suspect a Flash problem.
>
> Try uninstalling / reinstalling Flash Player. Use the uninstaller at
> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
> Flash player download:
> http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
>
> If reinstalling Flash doesn't resolve the issue, disable the debug dialog.
>
> From IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced...
> Check "Disable script debugging" and uncheck "Display a notification about
> every script error."
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "forida" <forida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time I try to open www.gsn.com, I get an error message and it gives

> the
> > choice to "debug" or "close". I never had a problem with this website

> with
> > IE7. Can anyone help, please?

Don Varnau

Re: debug error with IE8
Hi,
1. What's the error message- e.g. Error in line 47, element is unavailable
or something similar?

2. Clear the Temporary Internet Files then see if a browser add-on is
causing the problem.

Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx