can anyone shed any light on this?

gonebutnotforgotten

can anyone shed any light on this?
hello, my computer has been infected by the Vundo virus which disabled my
automatic updates, i thought all was lost after several attempts to remove it
failed, but eventually i was able to get my automatic updates turned on again
and after downloading and installing the updates the "malicious software
removal tool" (april 2009) removed it (or so it said) and i thought "great"
but then my internet explorer would'nt connect, so i went back to IE7 and
still no joy..so in order to get online again i had to do a 'system restore'
to the day before I installed the updates, , but by doing this i also
reinstated the Vundo...so does anyone know what the problem with IE after the
removal might be and what i can do to fix it? thanks
Leonard Grey

Re: can anyone shed any light on this?
Time to show your computer to a professional.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

gonebutnotforgotten wrote:
> hello, my computer has been infected by the Vundo virus which disabled my
> automatic updates, i thought all was lost after several attempts to remove it
> failed, but eventually i was able to get my automatic updates turned on again
> and after downloading and installing the updates the "malicious software
> removal tool" (april 2009) removed it (or so it said) and i thought "great"
> but then my internet explorer would'nt connect, so i went back to IE7 and
> still no joy..so in order to get online again i had to do a 'system restore'
> to the day before I installed the updates, , but by doing this i also
> reinstated the Vundo...so does anyone know what the problem with IE after the
> removal might be and what i can do to fix it? thanks

Re: can anyone shed any light on this?
Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista SP2) when posting to this newsgroup.

1. See if you can download/run the MSRT manually (yes, again, with a new
copy): http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075