IE8 Hangs up very frequently on my Vista OS.

MM001

IE8 Hangs up very frequently on my Vista OS.
However it is faster and has more features than IE 7 But IE 8 Hangs up very
easily and it irritates when multiple tabs are open (3-4) and the window
stops Responding. Eventually I have to close the window by End Process.

This is really disgusting that IE 8 is not working smoothly with Vista. I
have switched back to FireFox 3. At least it does not hangs up...

Re: IE8 Hangs up very frequently on my Vista OS.
1. Does the behavior persist if you access the page in Compatibility Mode?

2. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

3. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?

4. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

5a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

5b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

=====================

See this possibly-related discussion & KB article:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...9478566ac1ee9b

Internet Explorer 8 takes longer than expected to start:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969938

MM001 wrote:
> However it is faster and has more features than IE 7 But IE 8 Hangs up
> very
> easily and it irritates when multiple tabs are open (3-4) and the window
> stops Responding. Eventually I have to close the window by End Process.
>
> This is really disgusting that IE 8 is not working smoothly with Vista. I
> have switched back to FireFox 3. At least it does not hangs up...

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 Hangs up very frequently on my Vista OS.
Hi,
You should be able to resolve this.

1. Clear the Temporary Internet Files

2. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

3. See if Spybot or another program has placed many (a thousand or more)
sites in Restricted Sites.
969938- Internet Explorer 8 takes longer than expected to start:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969938

4. See if a third-party program is causing the problem.
936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"MM001" <MM001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> However it is faster and has more features than IE 7 But IE 8 Hangs up

very
> easily and it irritates when multiple tabs are open (3-4) and the window
> stops Responding. Eventually I have to close the window by End Process.
>
> This is really disgusting that IE 8 is not working smoothly with Vista. I
> have switched back to FireFox 3. At least it does not hangs up...

davexnet

Re: IE8 Hangs up very frequently on my Vista OS.
Firefox can check for incompatible add-ons,
and disable them automatically .
Isn't IE8 able to do someting similar ?

> Hi,
> You should be able to resolve this.
>
> 1. Clear the Temporary Internet Files
>
> 2. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> or
> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on

installed.

> For troubleshooting information see:
> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:
>
> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an

add-on
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>
> 3. See if Spybot or another program has placed many (a thousand or more)
> sites in Restricted Sites.
> 969938- Internet Explorer 8 takes longer than expected to start:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969938
>
> 4. See if a third-party program is causing the problem.
> 936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
> Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "MM001" <MM001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > However it is faster and has more features than IE 7 But IE 8 Hangs up

> very
> > easily and it irritates when multiple tabs are open (3-4) and the window
> > stops Responding. Eventually I have to close the window by End Process.
> >
> > This is really disgusting that IE 8 is not working smoothly with Vista.

> > have switched back to FireFox 3. At least it does not hangs up...

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 Hangs up very frequently on my Vista OS.
Firefox does not check for incompatible add-ons. It looks to see if the
add-on's author has specified a list of compatible versions of Firefox.
If the version of Firefox you want to install is not on the author's
list, his or her add-on is disabled. The onus is on the add-on's authour
to develop of list of compatible FF versions.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

davexnet wrote:
> Firefox can check for incompatible add-ons,
> and disable them automatically .
> Isn't IE8 able to do someting similar ?

>> Hi,
>> You should be able to resolve this.
>>
>> 1. Clear the Temporary Internet Files
>>
>> 2. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
>> Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
>> or
>> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
>> If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on

> installed.
>> For troubleshooting information see:
>> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:
>>
>> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an

> add-on
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>>
>> 3. See if Spybot or another program has placed many (a thousand or more)
>> sites in Restricted Sites.
>> 969938- Internet Explorer 8 takes longer than expected to start:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969938
>>
>> 4. See if a third-party program is causing the problem.
>> 936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
>> Windows Vista:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Don
>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>

>> "MM001" <MM001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> However it is faster and has more features than IE 7 But IE 8 Hangs up

>> very
>>> easily and it irritates when multiple tabs are open (3-4) and the window
>>> stops Responding. Eventually I have to close the window by End Process.
>>>
>>> This is really disgusting that IE 8 is not working smoothly with Vista.

>>> have switched back to FireFox 3. At least it does not hangs up...

davexnet

Re: IE8 Hangs up very frequently on my Vista OS.
Well it's better than nothing.