Help Menu forPop-Up Blocker Wrong!

ActorCam

Help Menu forPop-Up Blocker Wrong!
I'm trying to disable my Pop-Up Blocker in Internet Explorer. So I go to the
Help -> Contents and Index and do a search on Pop-Ups and I find the
following:

"To turn Pop-up Blocker on or off
In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Pop-up Blocker.
Do one of the following:
To turn off Pop-up Blocker, click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
To turn on Pop-up Blocker, click Turn On Pop-up Blocker."

Well, there IS no "Pop-Up Blocker" option in my Tools menu.

Before you ask me what version of Explorer I'm using, I'm going to say it
shouldn't matter! Whichever one I'm on should have an accurate help system
to go with it and this one doesn't. (Version 7 btw.)

Just one more reason why I really hate Microsoft.

Kai Schaetzl

Re: Help Menu forPop-Up Blocker Wrong!
ActorCam schrieb am Thu, 30 Apr 2009 07:36:10 -0700:

> I'm trying to disable my Pop-Up Blocker in Internet Explorer. So I go to the
> Help -> Contents and Index and do a search on Pop-Ups and I find the
> following:
>
> "To turn Pop-up Blocker on or off
> In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Pop-up Blocker.
> Do one of the following:
> To turn off Pop-up Blocker, click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
> To turn on Pop-up Blocker, click Turn On Pop-up Blocker."

This information is correct.

> Well, there IS no "Pop-Up Blocker" option in my Tools menu.

Then you don't have IE7 or you or your administrator removed that item via GP.
You may want to provide a screenshot.

> Before you ask me what version of Explorer I'm using, I'm going to say it
> shouldn't matter!

It may very well matter as different versions of IE could have it at different
positions and the help file for them is not the same.

Whichever one I'm on should have an accurate help system
> to go with it and this one doesn't. (Version 7 btw.)

Well, you base this on the wrong assumption that the help file is wrong. It's
not the help file, there is something wrong with your installation or it's not
IE7, see above. So, keep your mouth shut, before you cry too loud.

Kai
--
Helpsites about Windows: http://www.mvps.org
IE repair script: http://iefaq.info

Donald Anadell

"ActorCam" <ActorCam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to disable my Pop-Up Blocker in Internet Explorer. So I go to
> the
> Help -> Contents and Index and do a search on Pop-Ups and I find the
> following:
>
> "To turn Pop-up Blocker on or off
> In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Pop-up
> Blocker.
> Do one of the following:
> To turn off Pop-up Blocker, click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
> To turn on Pop-up Blocker, click Turn On Pop-up Blocker."
>
> Well, there IS no "Pop-Up Blocker" option in my Tools menu.

Is this your personal computer or is it a Company computer?

The only reason that I know of for the Pop-Up Blocker option to be missing
on the Tools context menu is that a Policy Restriction is in place on the
machine:

"NoPopupManagement" set in one or both of the following registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \
Restrictions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \
Restrictions

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Before you ask me what version of Explorer I'm using, I'm going to say it
> shouldn't matter! Whichever one I'm on should have an accurate help
> system
> to go with it and this one doesn't. (Version 7 btw.)
>
> Just one more reason why I really hate Microsoft.

ActorCam

Re: Help Menu forPop-Up Blocker Wrong!
Tx, I'll check.

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "ActorCam" <ActorCam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to disable my Pop-Up Blocker in Internet Explorer. So I go to
> > the
> > Help -> Contents and Index and do a search on Pop-Ups and I find the
> > following:
> >
> > "To turn Pop-up Blocker on or off
> > In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Pop-up
> > Blocker.
> > Do one of the following:
> > To turn off Pop-up Blocker, click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
> > To turn on Pop-up Blocker, click Turn On Pop-up Blocker."
> >
> > Well, there IS no "Pop-Up Blocker" option in my Tools menu.

> Is this your personal computer or is it a Company computer?
>
> The only reason that I know of for the Pop-Up Blocker option to be missing
> on the Tools context menu is that a Policy Restriction is in place on the
> machine:
>
> "NoPopupManagement" set in one or both of the following registry keys:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \
> Restrictions
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \
> Restrictions
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> > Before you ask me what version of Explorer I'm using, I'm going to say it
> > shouldn't matter! Whichever one I'm on should have an accurate help
> > system
> > to go with it and this one doesn't. (Version 7 btw.)
> >
> > Just one more reason why I really hate Microsoft.

ActorCam

Re: Help Menu forPop-Up Blocker Wrong!
Get a life, cumsucker.