IE 8 slow on some pages

roger

IE 8 slow on some pages
After I installed IE8, I have experienced slow pages to the extent that they
time out and give a message "page not found". I have tried this "regsvr32
actxprxy.dll" as I have seen reports that this would help, but it did not.
I have also uninstalled and reinstalled IE8, with no consistant results.
After one of the reinstalls it worked good, but later reverted back. Is
there a setting that needs to be set or should I just uninstall and go back
to IE7?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE 8 slow on some pages
Define "slow pages" and supply a URL where you see this behavior.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

roger wrote:
> After I installed IE8, I have experienced slow pages to the extent that
> they time out and give a message "page not found". I have tried this
> "regsvr32 actxprxy.dll" as I have seen reports that this would help, but
> it did not. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled IE8, with no
> consistant results. After one of the reinstalls it worked good, but
> later reverted back. Is there a setting that needs to be set or should
> I just uninstall and go back to IE7?

roger

Re: IE 8 slow on some pages
Online banking transactions is where I noticed that IE8 does not work. I am
able to get to the website OK. With IE7 it would work consistantly. This
morning I just tried restarting the computer with IE8 and then it worked.

I turn the computer off at night and start it in the morning, then the
restart this morning to get banking to work.
I am running Vista Ultimate with SP1.

Thanks

> Define "slow pages" and supply a URL where you see this behavior.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> roger wrote:
>> After I installed IE8, I have experienced slow pages to the extent that
>> they time out and give a message "page not found". I have tried this
>> "regsvr32 actxprxy.dll" as I have seen reports that this would help, but
>> it did not. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled IE8, with no
>> consistant results. After one of the reinstalls it worked good, but later
>> reverted back. Is there a setting that needs to be set or should I just
>> uninstall and go back to IE7?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE 8 slow on some pages
Does your bank's website support IE 8?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

roger wrote:
> Online banking transactions is where I noticed that IE8 does not work.
> I am able to get to the website OK. With IE7 it would work
> consistantly. This morning I just tried restarting the computer with
> IE8 and then it worked.
>
> I turn the computer off at night and start it in the morning, then the
> restart this morning to get banking to work.
> I am running Vista Ultimate with SP1.
>
> Thanks

>> Define "slow pages" and supply a URL where you see this behavior.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> roger wrote:
>>> After I installed IE8, I have experienced slow pages to the extent
>>> that they time out and give a message "page not found". I have tried
>>> this "regsvr32 actxprxy.dll" as I have seen reports that this would
>>> help, but it did not. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled IE8,
>>> with no consistant results. After one of the reinstalls it worked
>>> good, but later reverted back. Is there a setting that needs to be
>>> set or should I just uninstall and go back to IE7?

roger

Re: IE 8 slow on some pages
When I asked, no one reported a problem with IE8, but they did not
specifically say they supported it.

thanks

> Does your bank's website support IE 8?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> roger wrote:
>> Online banking transactions is where I noticed that IE8 does not work. I
>> am able to get to the website OK. With IE7 it would work consistantly.
>> This morning I just tried restarting the computer with IE8 and then it
>> worked.
>>
>> I turn the computer off at night and start it in the morning, then the
>> restart this morning to get banking to work.
>> I am running Vista Ultimate with SP1.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Define "slow pages" and supply a URL where you see this behavior.
>>> ---
>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est

Demerol

Re: IE 8 slow on some pages

I have the same problem, but with pages not loading in new tabs or
windows. (If I try to load in the original window the new page will open
fast with no problems)

I just went to Tools>Manage Addons>Toolbars and Extensions and turned
everything off for now. I think it might be a third party add on causing
the problem.

I had the AVG (antivirus) toolbar and Yahoo toolbar loading which I
never used anyways. A couple Java loaders, Microsoft Media player,
Microsoft Messenger, Adobe PDF loaders and a few unsigned Cell phone
loaders.

I am running IE 8.0.6001.18702IC on XP with SP3 installed.

--
*******