I was just offered IE8 as a Windows Update. I had problems when I first
installed it, I assume that was the beta version. I also remember that I
could upload files to my ftp site (for my website) in IE8.
Under IE7 it is quite a feat to upload to my ftp site and I was wondering if
there are plans to add\improve the ftp upload feature that does not, AFAIK
exist in IE8.
FWIW, in IE7 I had to ...
1. first click to my ftp site address
2. I then receive an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message
3. I click on Page (on IE7 toolbar)\ Open ftp site in Windows Explorer
4. A Windows Security message window pops up and I must click Allow
5. a new window opens and I receive a FTP Folder Error - Windows cannot
access this folder ... etc.
5. I click OK to that message and __then__ I see my ftp site and then I have
to jump through even more hoops to log in.
I am sure there are many folks who are unaware that is is possible, though
not intuitive, to upload to your ftp site.
Please tell me that IE8 has plans to improve\add the upload feature. Thanks