IE8

Richard Dillon O''''''''''''''''Shea

IE8
I had many similar problems with IE8 and finally had to uninstall IE8 and IE7
and then reinstall IE7 from Microsoft's website. I think I even had to do
this through Apple Safari browser as I couldn't get IE to work at all. IE8 is
junk as it exists now. It wouldn't open for me and apparently has zillions of
other problems. Stay away from IE8 for a while!

Good Luck Folks!
Gordon

Re: IE8
"Richard Dillon O''''''''''''''''Shea"
<RichardDillonOShea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had many similar problems with IE8 and finally had to uninstall IE8 and
>IE7
> and then reinstall IE7 from Microsoft's website. I think I even had to do
> this through Apple Safari browser as I couldn't get IE to work at all. IE8
> is
> junk as it exists now. It wouldn't open for me and apparently has zillions
> of
> other problems. Stay away from IE8 for a while!
>
> Good Luck Folks!

Works OK here - I suggest you might have problems on your machine other than
IE - and the installation of IE8 just threw them into the limelight.
And you didn't reply to the thread, so we don't know what your problems
were....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Re: IE8
environment.
=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043

My personal recommendations include:

=> Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
and third-party Windows Themes before installing IE8.

=> Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon) before
installing or uninstalling IE8.

=> I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application and any
anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's)
before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.

=> Create a Restore Point manually before installing IE8.

=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8.

=> For best chance of success with IE8, make certain that your anti-virus
application, any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender), and your
third-party firewall (if any) are supported in IE8 Final before you decide
install it.