IE8 runs without addons in XP Guest account

bksgs1

IE8 runs without addons in XP Guest account
I have upgraded to IE8 ( from ie7) on my pc running XP-SP3. IE8 runs fine
in the main admin account but in the guest account IE8 runs with all
addons disabled. Under manage addons the enable button is greyed out.

How do I get ie8 to run with all addons in guest account :

note : i have checked the shortcut properties for IE and it is ok.

Re: IE8 runs without addons in XP Guest account
Uninstall Google Toolbar.

bksgs1 wrote:
> I have upgraded to IE8 ( from ie7) on my pc running XP-SP3. IE8 runs
> fine
> in the main admin account but in the guest account IE8 runs with all
> addons disabled. Under manage addons the enable button is greyed out.
>
> How do I get ie8 to run with all addons in guest account :
>
> note : i have checked the shortcut properties for IE and it is ok.

Gordon

"bksgs1" <bksgs1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have upgraded to IE8 ( from ie7) on my pc running XP-SP3. IE8 runs
>fine
> in the main admin account but in the guest account IE8 runs with all
> addons disabled. Under manage addons the enable button is greyed out.
>
> How do I get ie8 to run with all addons in guest account :
>
> note : i have checked the shortcut properties for IE and it is ok.

Why are you using the Guest account at all? It's a known security risk
because it could allow anonymous access to your machine, and should be
disabled.
If you are wanting casual users to use your machine, set up a Limited User
account and call it "Visitor" or something similar instead.

From TechNet:

"The Guest account is intended for users who require temporary access to the
system. However, if this account is enabled, a security risk may exist
because an unauthorized user could gain anonymous access to the system
through this account."

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...chNet.10).aspx

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

bksgs1

Re: IE8 runs without addons in XP Guest account
Why should all addons get disabled in Ie8 . Never had this problem in IE7.
Is there a way to enable the addons in guest account ?

"Gordon" wrote:

> "bksgs1" <bksgs1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have upgraded to IE8 ( from ie7) on my pc running XP-SP3. IE8 runs
> >fine
> > in the main admin account but in the guest account IE8 runs with all
> > addons disabled. Under manage addons the enable button is greyed out.
> >
> > How do I get ie8 to run with all addons in guest account :
> >
> > note : i have checked the shortcut properties for IE and it is ok.
> >

> Why are you using the Guest account at all? It's a known security risk
> because it could allow anonymous access to your machine, and should be
> disabled.
> If you are wanting casual users to use your machine, set up a Limited User
> account and call it "Visitor" or something similar instead.
>
> From TechNet:
>
> "The Guest account is intended for users who require temporary access to the
> system. However, if this account is enabled, a security risk may exist
> because an unauthorized user could gain anonymous access to the system
> through this account."
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...chNet.10).aspx
>

> --
> Asking a question?
> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
> your OS, Service Pack level
> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

bksgs1

Re: IE8 runs without addons in XP Guest account
Google toolbar or any other third party toolbar not installed. IE7 was
working fine in guest account . In IE8 all addons across the board are
disabled.

> Why should all addons get disabled in Ie8 . Never had this problem in
> IE7.
> Is there a way to enable the addons in guest account ?

I repeat - WHY are you using the guest account AT ALL?????

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

rob^_^

Re: IE8 runs without addons in XP Guest account
Hi,

Do you have the Google toolbar installed? (see RoBear's reply).

IE8 only opens with all Addons disabled is a symptom of the Google toolbar
(v5 final, pushed by automatic update from google).

To fix the issue, go to Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features
and uninstall the Google Updater. Then restart your computer.

Regards.

> Google toolbar or any other third party toolbar not installed. IE7 was
> working fine in guest account . In IE8 all addons across the board are
> disabled.

I repeat - WHY are you using the guest account AT ALL?????

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

bksgs1

Re: IE8 runs without addons in XP Guest account
The guest account is used by others ( friends/relatives ) when they use my PC.
So i will need all addons to be enabled in IE8. Pls help

"Gordon" wrote:

> "bksgs1" <bksgs1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Why should all addons get disabled in Ie8 . Never had this problem in
> > IE7.
> > Is there a way to enable the addons in guest account ?
> >

> I repeat - WHY are you using the guest account AT ALL?????
>
> --
> Asking a question?
> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
> your OS, Service Pack level
> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

rob^_^

Re: IE8 runs without addons in XP Guest account
Did you ever have the Google toolbar or any other Google software installed?

See if you have the Google Updater in your installed programs list and
uninstall it.

Regards.