Favorites From IE 7 To IE 8

Carole

Favorites From IE 7 To IE 8
Hi,

I have Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

This might sound like a stupid question, but I honestly don't know the
answer.

When I upgrade from IE 7 to IE 8 will my favorites that I have in IE 7
transfer over, or will I need to restablish my favorites?

Carole
Leonard Grey

Re: Favorites From IE 7 To IE 8
They will transfer to IE 8 unharmed.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Carole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3.
>
> This might sound like a stupid question, but I honestly don't know the
> answer.
>
> When I upgrade from IE 7 to IE 8 will my favorites that I have in IE 7
> transfer over, or will I need to restablish my favorites?
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Carole

Re: Favorites From IE 7 To IE 8
Thank you for your quick response.
--
Carole

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> They will transfer to IE 8 unharmed.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Carole wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3.
> >
> > This might sound like a stupid question, but I honestly don't know the
> > answer.
> >
> > When I upgrade from IE 7 to IE 8 will my favorites that I have in IE 7
> > transfer over, or will I need to restablish my favorites?
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: Favorites From IE 7 To IE 8
Carole wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3.
>
> This might sound like a stupid question, but I honestly don't know the
> answer.
>
> When I upgrade from IE 7 to IE 8 will my favorites that I have in IE 7
> transfer over, or will I need to restablish my favorites?
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.

See Leonard's reply.

For caution you can export (backup) your favorites:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...706351033.mspx
"Import or export favorites in Internet Explorer".

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Re: Favorites From IE 7 To IE 8
But it's better to have a backup and not need it than the other way around.

Leonard Grey wrote:
> They will transfer to IE 8 unharmed.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Carole wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3.
>>
>> This might sound like a stupid question, but I honestly don't know the
>> answer.
>>
>> When I upgrade from IE 7 to IE 8 will my favorites that I have in IE 7
>> transfer over, or will I need to restablish my favorites?
>>
>> Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Leonard Grey

Re: Favorites From IE 7 To IE 8
Absolutely...and I should have mentioned that. It's always a good idea
to backup before upgrading your operating system, but certainly backup
your Favorites. You'll almost certainly have no need for your backup,
but it's better to be sure.

Backing up your Favorites is real easy: Go to the Import and Export
Wizard and backup your Favorites to an HTML file.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est