Re: IE8

/Now/ it's crossposted to IE General...

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> [crosspost to IE General]
>
> HOW TO solve IE8 installation problems
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220
>
> No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage
> (only) is available via the phone based on your locale through 31 December
> 2009. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a
> non-domain
> environment.
> => US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
> => Other locales:
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
>
> My personal recommendations include:
>
> => Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
> and third-party Windows Themes before installing IE8.
>
> => Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon) before
> installing or uninstalling IE8.
>
> => I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application and
> any
> anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's)
> before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
> third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
> Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.
>
> => Create a Restore Point manually before installing IE8.
>
> => Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8.
>
> => For best chance of success with IE8, make certain that your anti-virus
> application, any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender), and your
> third-party firewall (if any) are supported in IE8 Final before you decide
> install it.
>
> cfccowner wrote:
>> When I try to run the install on the IE8 Windows update I get the
>> following
>> error:
>>
>> Windows Internet Explorer 8 Setup Utility has stopped working
>>
>> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
>> close
>> the program and notify you of if a solution is available. This is on my
>> vista machine. IE8 loads fine on my XP machine.

Dar

Re: IE8
Hello Pa Bear, I probably shouldn't be here but I like reading all the post.
IE8 came on my Windows Update and I just hit install. I did not close my
Kaspersky or my Kaspersky firwall. I installed IE8 before I read this. I hope
that it will not cause a problelm. I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. So
far I have not had a problem. Hope you can answer. Thanks

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> /Now/ it's crossposted to IE General...
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> > [crosspost to IE General]
> >
> > HOW TO solve IE8 installation problems
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220
> >
> > No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage
> > (only) is available via the phone based on your locale through 31 December
> > 2009. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a
> > non-domain
> > environment.
> > => US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
> > => Other locales:
> > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
> >
> > My personal recommendations include:
> >
> > => Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
> > and third-party Windows Themes before installing IE8.
> >
> > => Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon) before
> > installing or uninstalling IE8.
> >
> > => I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application and
> > any
> > anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's)
> > before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
> > third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
> > Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.
> >
> > => Create a Restore Point manually before installing IE8.
> >
> > => Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8.
> >
> > => For best chance of success with IE8, make certain that your anti-virus
> > application, any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender), and your
> > third-party firewall (if any) are supported in IE8 Final before you decide
> > install it.
> >
> > cfccowner wrote:
> >> When I try to run the install on the IE8 Windows update I get the
> >> following
> >> error:
> >>
> >> Windows Internet Explorer 8 Setup Utility has stopped working
> >>
> >> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
> >> close
> >> the program and notify you of if a solution is available. This is on my
> >> vista machine. IE8 loads fine on my XP machine.

Re: IE8
You should know soon enough if not disabling all components of KISS prior to
installing IE8 horked the install.

Only Kaspersky Support can tell you if your version of KISS is supported in
IE8.

If you (or anyone else reading this thread) require additional assistance,
please begin a new thread in IE General newsgroup.