MS replacing OE? Fair to us!??

~*Laughingstar 2009*~

MS replacing OE? Fair to us!??
(what do you think about the following?):

If you love stationery - you need to read this
Help save safe desktop email in new Windows 7

If you're a fan of scripted stationery (like our stationery and the stationery created by others) you should know that Microsoft is planning on taking away your option to use scripted stationery starting with the next version of Windows. Microsoft wants you to use Windows Live Mail - which is cloud computing application that requires you to login to a Hotmail, MSN, or Live account to use it. Not only does this raise potential security issues for you and your personal information as it will be stored on non-secured servers, it will also mean you will no longer be able to use most of the stationery you've grown to love over the years.

And worse - once Microsoft removes your Outlook Express/Windows Mail type desktop application from Windows, there's a very good chance you'll never see Microsoft ever offer it again. This is bad news for those of you who love stationery and for those who prefer to keep your private and sensitive data where it belongs - on your own computer and not on Microsoft's servers.

While we are doing everything we can do to work with other companies in creating a secure, desktop mail program that can use all of the stationery you love - the economy has hurt us like it has hurt so many others. We don't have the resources to undertake, on our own, the development of a secure desktop application. The costs of doing this are far more than we can bear right now. We need your help and your support now more than ever.

There is a another thing you can do which may help - and that is contact Microsoft and tell them you don't want to see them take away your option to have a secure, desktop email program like Outlook Express or Windows Mail removed and replaced with a cloud computing (Web-based) email program like Windows Live Mail.

Please take a moment, right now, to read the following information about Windows Live Mail and Windows 7 - the next version of Windows scheduled to be released this autumn.

If you love scripted stationery - our stationery and others' - let Microsoft know what you think of their decision to replace Outlook Express / Windows Mail with Windows Live Mail. You cannot use any scripted stationery in Windows Live Mail. So visit this page right now to learn more about this issue and to get contact information for Microsoft.

Terry R.

Re: MS replacing OE? Fair to us!??
The date and time was Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:33:42 PM, and on a
whim, ~*Laughingstar 2009*~ pounded out on the keyboard:

> (what do you think about the following?):
>
> *If you love stationery - you need to read this*
> <http://thundercloud.net/infoave/2009/save-windows-mail.htm>
> *Help save safe desktop email in new Windows 7*
>
> If you're a fan of scripted stationery (like our stationery and the
> stationery created by others) you should know that Microsoft is planning
> on taking away your option to use scripted stationery starting with the
> next version of Windows. Microsoft wants you to use Windows Live Mail -
> which is cloud computing application that requires you to login to a
> Hotmail, MSN, or Live account to use it. Not only does this raise
> potential security issues for you and your personal information as it
> will be stored on non-secured servers, it will also mean you will no
> longer be able to use most of the stationery you've grown to love over
> the years.
>
> And worse - once Microsoft removes your Outlook Express/Windows Mail
> type desktop application from Windows, there's a very good chance you'll
> never see Microsoft ever offer it again. This is bad news for those of
> you who love stationery and for those who prefer to keep your private
> and sensitive data where it belongs - on your own computer and not on
> Microsoft's servers.
>
> While we are doing everything we can do to work with other companies in
> creating a secure, desktop mail program that can use all of the
> stationery you love - the economy has hurt us like it has hurt so many
> others. We don't have the resources to undertake, on our own, the
> development of a secure desktop application. The costs of doing this are
> far more than we can bear right now. We need your help and your support
> now more than ever.
>
> There is a another thing you can do which may help - and that is contact
> Microsoft and tell them you don't want to see them take away your option
> to have a secure, desktop email program like Outlook Express or Windows
> Mail removed and replaced with a cloud computing (Web-based) email
> program like Windows Live Mail.
>
> Please take a moment, right now, to read the following information about
> Windows Live Mail and Windows 7 -
> <http://thundercloud.net/infoave/2009/save-windows-mail.htm> the next
> version of Windows scheduled to be released this autumn.
>
> If you love scripted stationery - our stationery and others' - let
> Microsoft know what you think of their decision to replace Outlook
> Express / Windows Mail with Windows Live Mail. You cannot use any
> scripted stationery in Windows Live Mail. So visit this page right now
> to learn more
> <http://thundercloud.net/infoave/2009/save-windows-mail.htm> about this
> issue and to get contact information for Microsoft.

It seems the way of things. I use Mozilla Thunderbird and the soon to
be version 3 will be removing JavaScript capabilities. It used to be
nice to use JS on some holiday messages that allowed for moving objects
within the message. That will be a thing of the past also.

But at least for a while, TB will be offered as a standalone app. It
could be an easy replacement for OE, and version 2 supports Stationary
with an Add-on. I believe v 3 will still also.

But even TB devs are thinking that web based email will be the future...

Terry R.
mjj

Re: MS replacing OE? Fair to us!??
The OP asked
"If you're a fan of scripted stationery (like our stationery and the
stationery created by others) you should know that Microsoft is planning on
taking away your option to use scripted stationery starting with the next
version of Windows......"

I've been using OE for years. I will either get some other mail program or
switch to full Outlook. I don't really like having to switch because I'm
happy with the OE feature set, but those files are not the best. I'm
sitting on 4gb of email so web based is not an option.

You may love stationery but I will never see it as my ISP strips out
graphics before sending on the text because of the ease of imbedding malware
into graphics. You should find out how common this practice is before
trying to build a business on stationery.

MylesJ

N. Miller

Re: MS replacing OE? Fair to us!??
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 18:33:42 -0500, ~*Laughingstar 2009*~ wrote:

> (what do you think about the following?):

Somebody doesn't understand things.

> If you love stationery - you need to read this
> Help save safe desktop email in new Windows 7
>
> If you're a fan of scripted stationery (like our stationery and the
> stationery created by others) you should know that Microsoft is planning
> on taking away your option to use scripted stationery starting with the
> next version of Windows.

All that your HTML posting does is take up space. My reader preference is
text, so the fancy-shmancy stuff is wasted, here.

> Microsoft wants you to use Windows Live Mail -
> which is cloud computing application that requires you to login to a Hotmail,
> MSN, or Live account to use it.

Does not. You need to learn how to set it up.

> Not only does this raise potential security issues for you and your
> personal information as it will be stored on non-secured servers, it
> will also mean you will no longer be able to use most of the stationery
> you've grown to love over the years.

WLM will work without a "cloud" account. And scripted anything is not
exactly a paragon of security.

> And worse - once Microsoft removes your Outlook Express/Windows Mail type
> desktop application from Windows, there's a very good chance you'll never
> see Microsoft ever offer it again. This is bad news for those of you who
> love stationery and for those who prefer to keep your private and sensitive
> data where it belongs - on your own computer and not on Microsoft's servers.

While Microsoft can ship Windows without a desktop email client, they can't
prevent one from using such a client.

> While we are doing everything we can do to work with other companies in
> creating a secure, desktop mail program that can use all of the stationery
> you love - the economy has hurt us like it has hurt so many others. We don't
> have the resources to undertake, on our own, the development of a secure
> desktop application. The costs of doing this are far more than we can bear
> right now. We need your help and your support now more than ever.

I don't love stationary. I don't exactly hate it, but I am not so wedded to
it that I care about Microsoft making it more difficult to use.

> There is a another thing you can do which may help - and that is contact
> Microsoft and tell them you don't want to see them take away your option
> to have a secure, desktop email program like Outlook Express or Windows
> Mail removed and replaced with a cloud computing (Web-based) email program
> like Windows Live Mail.

Huh? Widows Live Mail is hardly a "Web-based" email application!

> Please take a moment, right now, to read the following information about
> Windows Live Mail and Windows 7 - the next version of Windows scheduled
> to be released this autumn.

How about you take a moment to understand how WLM actually works.

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,
~*Laughingstar 2009*~

Re: MS replacing OE? Fair to us!??
We've "lost" a lot of the enjoyment from our systems the past 20 years.

Terry R. wrote:
> [...]
>> Express / Windows Mail with Windows Live Mail. You cannot use any
>> scripted stationery in Windows Live Mail. So visit this page right
>> now to learn more
>> <http://thundercloud.net/infoave/2009/save-windows-mail.htm> about
>> this issue and to get contact information for Microsoft.
>>

> It seems the way of things. I use Mozilla Thunderbird and the soon to
> be version 3 will be removing JavaScript capabilities. It used to be
> nice to use JS on some holiday messages that allowed for moving
> objects within the message. That will be a thing of the past also.
>
> But at least for a while, TB will be offered as a standalone app. It
> could be an easy replacement for OE, and version 2 supports Stationary
> with an Add-on. I believe v 3 will still also.
>
> But even TB devs are thinking that web based email will be the

~*Laughingstar 2009*~

Re: MS replacing OE? Fair to us!??
I have been using their stationary for over 10 years, and have yet to have a
virus or trojan. Check them out.
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/2009...ndows-mail.htm
mjj wrote:
> The OP asked
> "If you're a fan of scripted stationery (like our stationery and the
> stationery created by others) you should know that Microsoft is
> planning on taking away your option to use scripted stationery
> starting with the next version of Windows......"
>
> I've been using OE for years. I will either get some other mail
> program or switch to full Outlook. I don't really like having to
> switch because I'm happy with the OE feature set, but those files are
> not the best. I'm sitting on 4gb of email so web based is not an
> option.
> You may love stationery but I will never see it as my ISP strips out
> graphics before sending on the text because of the ease of imbedding
> malware into graphics. You should find out how common this practice
> is before trying to build a business on stationery.
>
> MylesJ

~*Laughingstar 2009*~

Re: MS replacing OE? Fair to us!??
Norman, I apologize, I thought that their name was on their letter to us
(it's at www.Cloudeight.com)

N. Miller wrote:
> [...]

> wedded to it that I care about Microsoft making it more difficult to
> use.
>
>> There is a another thing you can do which may help - and that is
>> contact Microsoft and tell them you don't want to see them take away
>> your option
>> to have a secure, desktop email program like Outlook Express or
>> Windows
>> Mail removed and replaced with a cloud computing (Web-based) email
>> program like Windows Live Mail.

> Huh? Widows Live Mail is hardly a "Web-based" email application!
>
>> Please take a moment, right now, to read the following information
>> about Windows Live Mail and Windows 7 - the next version of Windows
>> scheduled
>> to be released this autumn.

> How about you take a moment to understand how WLM actually works.

I don't know how to forward your response to them!

N. Miller wrote:
> [...]

> wedded to it that I care about Microsoft making it more difficult to
> use.
>
>> There is a another thing you can do which may help - and that is
>> contact Microsoft and tell them you don't want to see them take away
>> your option
>> to have a secure, desktop email program like Outlook Express or
>> Windows
>> Mail removed and replaced with a cloud computing (Web-based) email
>> program like Windows Live Mail.

> Huh? Widows Live Mail is hardly a "Web-based" email application!
>
>> Please take a moment, right now, to read the following information
>> about Windows Live Mail and Windows 7 - the next version of Windows
>> scheduled
>> to be released this autumn.

> How about you take a moment to understand how WLM actually works.

Gordon

Re: MS replacing OE? Fair to us!??
"mjj" <mswift@computerassistance.com> wrote in message

> I'm sitting on 4gb of email so web based is not an option.

GMail currently has a 7.5 GB storage for each account....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Gordon

Re: MS replacing OE? Fair to us!??
"~*Laughingstar 2009*~" <tiredofthis@nospam.att.com> wrote in message
> Norman, I apologize, I thought that their name was on their letter to us
> (it's at www.Cloudeight.com)

Cloudeight is a targeted advertising search site .
From their "about us":
cloudeight.com is partnered with ActiveAudience to bring you targeted search
terms designed specifically to enhance the users overall online search
experience. cloudeight.com displays the top advertisers for Cloud Eight,
Cloud, Weather, Weather Station, Home Weather Station and more. We've taken
the confusion out of searching online, allowing you to find what you want in
a timely manner.

We understand everyone searches with different criteria in mind. That's why
we've designed cloudeight.com to be navigated on your terms. cloudeight.com
brings you the most comprehensive group of advertisers in an easily
navigated format, giving users a vast range of choices in as few clicks as
possible.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level