Favorites Bar

Bill Ridgeway

Favorites Bar
I have deleted the "Favorites Bar" folder in Favorites (IE8) but it keeps on
coming back. How do you stop this re-appearing for good please.

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway

Gordon

Re: Favorites Bar
"Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have deleted the "Favorites Bar" folder in Favorites (IE8) but it keeps
>on coming back. How do you stop this re-appearing for good please.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill Ridgeway

If it's empty, and you don't use it a) why bother and b) just right-click on
the toolbars and uncheck it....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Bill Ridgeway

Re: Favorites Bar
"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message
>>I have deleted the "Favorites Bar" folder in Favorites (IE8) but it keeps
>>on coming back. How do you stop this re-appearing for good please.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Bill Ridgeway
>>

> If it's empty, and you don't use it a) why bother and b) just right-click
> on the toolbars and uncheck it....
>
> --
> Asking a question?
> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
> your OS, Service Pack level
> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

a) why bother - because it is annoying to have an empty folder
b) just right-click on the toolbars and uncheck it. That doesn't work. It
still comes back!

Bill Ridgeway

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Favorites Bar

"Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:OwhSbHQyJHA.1432@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I have deleted the "Favorites Bar" folder in Favorites (IE8) but it keeps on
> coming back. How do you stop this re-appearing for good please.

The same way that you would make the Links bar stop showing in IE6.
(It's exactly the same implementation, just a new label.)

> Thanks.
>
> Bill Ridgeway

gcurrie@isomedia.com

Re: Favorites Bar
On Apr 30, 12:59*am, "Robert Aldwinckle" <rob...@techemail.com> wrote:
> "Bill Ridgeway" <i...@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in messagenews:OwhSbHQyJHA.1432@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl. ..
> >I have deleted the "Favorites Bar" folder in Favorites (IE8) but it keeps on
> > coming back. *How do you stop this re-appearing for good please.

> The same way that you would make the Links bar stop showing in IE6.
> (It's exactly the same implementation, just a new label.)

Man, doesn't anyone READ posts anymore?

The OP does not want to remove a BAR. He wants to remove a FOLDER.

There was a registry entry HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
\Toolbar\LinksFolderName that when set to an empty string suppressed
the creation of the Links FOLDER in IE6/IE7. This does NOT work
reliably on IE8. While the Links FOLDER does not reappear, now a
Favorites Bar FOLDER keeps reappearing. I have 3 PCs that exhibit this
behavior. All three PCs have the Favorites Bar toolbar unchecked.

Re: Favorites Bar
Make it a hidden folder.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:u8ik0bL1JHA.4468@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Make it a hidden folder.