Remove or Disable The Favorites Button In IE8 Internet Explorer 8?

MJ

Remove or Disable The Favorites Button In IE8 Internet Explorer 8?
How can I remove or disable the Favorites Button that shows up on the same
toolbar that has my tabs? I already have a menu bar that has a Favorites
list (or menu) on it, so I don't need another button to show me the favorites
list. Is there a way to get rid of that button?

I am using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 with all available updates
installed on it, and I'm using Internet Explorer 8 (also up-to-date). The
IE8 installation was standard without any customizations or modifications
what so ever.

Thanks,
TM

Re: Remove or Disable The Favorites Button In IE8 Internet Explorer 8?

"MJ" <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I remove or disable the Favorites Button that shows up on the same
> toolbar that has my tabs? I already have a menu bar that has a Favorites
> list (or menu) on it, so I don't need another button to show me the
> favorites
> list. Is there a way to get rid of that button?
>
> I am using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 with all available
> updates
> installed on it, and I'm using Internet Explorer 8 (also up-to-date). The
> IE8 installation was standard without any customizations or modifications
> what so ever.
>
> Thanks,

If you're talking about the Favorites BAR (not your "regular" Favorites),
right-click that icon and just un-check it. Poof.

Kai Schaetzl

Mj schrieb am Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:17:01 -0700:

> Is there a way to get rid of that button?

No, but you can move it up, so it's not in the Tabs band anymore.

Kai
--
Helpsites about Windows: http://www.mvps.org
IE repair script: http://iefaq.info

UnderCoverGuy

RE: Remove or Disable The Favorites Button In IE8 Internet Explorer 8?
I agree. Why do I (or why will most people) want a favorites button to show
us the exact same content that is right next to the button? It takes up and
waste space on the favorites (aka links) bar - which was aligned properly
with IE7. Now I have to delete one or two of my frequented sites from the
favorites bar because of the button.

I haven't found a way to remove it - so I also ask...Is there no way to
remove (not move) it?

Thanks,
UCG
neutrino42

Re: Remove or Disable The Favorites Button In IE8 Internet Explorer 8?

How can you move the button? Even with the Toolbar unlocked, the button
won't move anywhere unless there is some trick to getting it to move.

--
neutrino42
Kai Schaetzl

Neutrino42 schrieb am Fri, 1 May 2009 23:05:55 +0100:

> How can you move the button? Even with the Toolbar unlocked, the button
> won't move anywhere unless there is some trick to getting it to move.

You can move it up to the next band (Favorites Bar).

Kai
--
Helpsites about Windows: http://www.mvps.org
IE repair script: http://iefaq.info

MJ

RE: Remove or Disable The Favorites Button In IE8 Internet Explorer 8?

I am talking about the orange star button that is located all the way to the
left of the left-most tab. How can I remove or even move that button
completely? I tried dragging it out of the way or right-mouse clicking it to
close, but with no luck It is very annoying. I should be able to remove
it or drag it into another location.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

"MJ" wrote:

> How can I remove or disable the Favorites Button that shows up on the same
> toolbar that has my tabs? I already have a menu bar that has a Favorites
> list (or menu) on it, so I don't need another button to show me the favorites
> list. Is there a way to get rid of that button?
>
> I am using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 with all available updates
> installed on it, and I'm using Internet Explorer 8 (also up-to-date). The
> IE8 installation was standard without any customizations or modifications
> what so ever.
>
> Thanks,

Jav

Re: Remove or Disable The Favorites Button In IE8 Internet Explorer 8?
test

> I am talking about the orange star button that is located all the way to
> the
> left of the left-most tab. How can I remove or even move that button
> completely? I tried dragging it out of the way or right-mouse clicking it
> close, but with no luck It is very annoying. I should be able to
> remove
> it or drag it into another location.
>
> Any help would be really appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> "MJ" wrote:
>
>> How can I remove or disable the Favorites Button that shows up on the
>> same
>> toolbar that has my tabs? I already have a menu bar that has a Favorites
>> list (or menu) on it, so I don't need another button to show me the
>> favorites
>> list. Is there a way to get rid of that button?
>>
>> I am using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 with all available
>> updates
>> installed on it, and I'm using Internet Explorer 8 (also up-to-date).
>> The
>> IE8 installation was standard without any customizations or modifications
>> what so ever.
>>
>> Thanks,

Gordon

"Jav" <jaz55@comcast.net> wrote in message
> test

If you want to post a TEST message then use a TEST group, and certainly NOT
an on-going thread.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Essexbiker

Re: Remove or Disable The Favorites Button In IE8 Internet Explore
I thought the query was about the orange star (Favorites Sidebar) tab at the
far left of the IE8 toolbar? I have tried unlocking the toolbars but I cannot
move this tab at all. You can't even move the Favorites Bar in IE8 (old IE7
LINKS bar) to another line on the toolbar! How annoying is that?
--
HP Pavillion system model FR612AA-ABU a6632uk. AMD Phenom(tm) 8550
Triple-Core Processor. 3gb RAM. NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS graphics card. Vista