IE8 crashes with pages using bitstream web font player!

Agnivo007

IE8 crashes with pages using bitstream web font player!
I've been browsing my local Bengali language online newspaper
www.anandabazar.com for years and it has been working fine on any IE version
upto IE7.

However, using IE8 the moment I type the url and some bytes of the page
loads, it crashes and loops on and on retrying to revive the crashed child
process.

The site in question uses bitstream web font player to render bengali fonts.
Sadly it works for IE browser only, no modern alternative browsers supported.
:-(

Using Vista x64 all updated.

Thanks

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

rob^_^

Re: IE8 crashes with pages using bitstream web font player!
Hi Agnivo,

No problems on Vista x86 SP1/IE8. Are you using the x86 or x64 version of
IE8 (there are 2 versions installed on x64 OS's)
Many ActiveX controls are incompatible with x64 applications.

Regards.

"Agnivo007" <Agnivo007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been browsing my local Bengali language online newspaper
> www.anandabazar.com for years and it has been working fine on any IE
> version
> upto IE7.
>
> However, using IE8 the moment I type the url and some bytes of the page
> loads, it crashes and loops on and on retrying to revive the crashed child
> process.
>
> The site in question uses bitstream web font player to render bengali
> fonts.
> Sadly it works for IE browser only, no modern alternative browsers
> supported.
> :-(
>
> Using Vista x64 all updated.
>
> Thanks
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Agnivo007

Re: IE8 crashes with pages using bitstream web font player!
Hi Rob,

Using Vista home premium 64bit SP1 updated latest + IE8 32bit, I get the
same old problem :-(

I have uploaded the screenshots:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2mg5r48.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2ijtb7q.jpg

I guess theres a fix to it or it may be a bug...

Thanks

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Agnivo,
>
> No problems on Vista x86 SP1/IE8. Are you using the x86 or x64 version of
> IE8 (there are 2 versions installed on x64 OS's)
> Many ActiveX controls are incompatible with x64 applications.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Agnivo007" <Agnivo007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've been browsing my local Bengali language online newspaper
> > www.anandabazar.com for years and it has been working fine on any IE
> > version
> > upto IE7.
> >
> > However, using IE8 the moment I type the url and some bytes of the page
> > loads, it crashes and loops on and on retrying to revive the crashed child
> > process.
> >
> > The site in question uses bitstream web font player to render bengali
> > fonts.
> > Sadly it works for IE browser only, no modern alternative browsers
> > supported.
> > :-(
> >
> > Using Vista x64 all updated.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

rob^_^

Re: IE8 crashes with pages using bitstream web font player!
Hi,

From the x86 version of IE8.

Tools>Manage Addons - Select Show: Downloaded controls,

Find the TDServer Control and double click it to display its properties.

Name: TDServer Control
Publisher: (Not verified) Bitstream, Inc.
Type: ActiveX Control
Version: 1.0.0.12
File date:
Date last accessed: Today, April 30, 2009, 9 minutes ago
Class ID: {0246ECA8-996F-11D1-BE2F-00A0C9037DFE}
Use count: 3
Block count: 3
File: tdserver.ocx
Folder: C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files

Make sure that the control is enabled and that anandabazar.com is in the
list of sites where the control is allowed to run.

Close the Addons manager and then Open Internet Options (Tools>Internet
Options) Security tab, Internet zone. Do you have a custom security setting
for the Internet zone? If so press the Default button to reset the Internet
zone security settings to the factory default (you should do this for every
security zone.... the default values are for the best browsing experience
while minimizing security risks.)
Also check the Trusted Sites and Restricted Sites zone and remove
*.anandabazar.com from these zones if it is in the sites list. (The default
Intranet zone security settings should be sufficient for you to view the
site and use the Addon)
(If you are using a work computer, your system administrators may have
placed restrictions on your computer that may be blocking this site. Check
with them.)

Ok. This takes care of security considerations.... you should be right to
go...
But,
Your screen shots of the error message indicate that another Addon Toolbar
or Browser Helper is causing the problem.

So from x86 version of IE navigate to anandabazar.com.

If the page still won't load then we know it is one of your other Addons.

To test this select Tools>Internet Options - Advanced tab, uncheck "Enable
third-party browser extensions". Save your changes and then restart IE and
navigate to the site again. (this disables Toolbar and BHO Addons, but
leaves Downloaded controls usable)

> Hi Rob,
>
> Using Vista home premium 64bit SP1 updated latest + IE8 32bit, I get the
> same old problem :-(
>
> I have uploaded the screenshots:
> http://i41.tinypic.com/2mg5r48.jpg
> http://i40.tinypic.com/2ijtb7q.jpg
>
> I guess theres a fix to it or it may be a bug...
>
> Thanks
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Agnivo,
>>
>> No problems on Vista x86 SP1/IE8. Are you using the x86 or x64 version of
>> IE8 (there are 2 versions installed on x64 OS's)
>> Many ActiveX controls are incompatible with x64 applications.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Agnivo007" <Agnivo007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I've been browsing my local Bengali language online newspaper
>> > www.anandabazar.com for years and it has been working fine on any IE
>> > version
>> > upto IE7.
>> >
>> > However, using IE8 the moment I type the url and some bytes of the page
>> > loads, it crashes and loops on and on retrying to revive the crashed
>> > child
>> > process.
>> >
>> > The site in question uses bitstream web font player to render bengali
>> > fonts.
>> > Sadly it works for IE browser only, no modern alternative browsers
>> > supported.
>> > :-(
>> >
>> > Using Vista x64 all updated.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

aquarius

Re: IE8 crashes with pages using bitstream web font player!
Agnivo,
I read Anandabazar too, and Bartaman Patrika as well - both using the
bitstream web font player. A few of my friends have had the same complaint as
yours, but I am not sure how many of them are using a 64-bit OS. For me, I
use Vista X86 SP1 at home and XP Pro SP3 at work - both with IE8 stable
release. I have had no problem with Anandabazar till now.

Perhaps you can disable all add-ons and then re-enable them one by one to
see if that solves your issue. One more suggestion. Delete the TDserver
ActiveX. Then go to the Anandabazar website through IE8, and re-install the
ActiveX when prompted. It may work.

With Firefox (I use currently v.3.5) you can use the IETab add-on, which
emulates IE on FF and allows you to read Anandabazar.

HTH.

Kausik

"Agnivo007" wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Using Vista home premium 64bit SP1 updated latest + IE8 32bit, I get the
> same old problem :-(
>
> I have uploaded the screenshots:
> http://i41.tinypic.com/2mg5r48.jpg
> http://i40.tinypic.com/2ijtb7q.jpg
>
> I guess theres a fix to it or it may be a bug...
>
> Thanks
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
> > Hi Agnivo,
> >
> > No problems on Vista x86 SP1/IE8. Are you using the x86 or x64 version of
> > IE8 (there are 2 versions installed on x64 OS's)
> > Many ActiveX controls are incompatible with x64 applications.
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > "Agnivo007" <Agnivo007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I've been browsing my local Bengali language online newspaper
> > > www.anandabazar.com for years and it has been working fine on any IE
> > > version
> > > upto IE7.
> > >
> > > However, using IE8 the moment I type the url and some bytes of the page
> > > loads, it crashes and loops on and on retrying to revive the crashed child
> > > process.
> > >
> > > The site in question uses bitstream web font player to render bengali
> > > fonts.
> > > Sadly it works for IE browser only, no modern alternative browsers
> > > supported.
> > > :-(
> > >
> > > Using Vista x64 all updated.
> > >
> > > Thanks

OnTheSameBoat

Re: IE8 crashes with pages using bitstream web font player!
Hi,
I recently reformatted my laptop, and is having XP sp2 with IE6 installed.
while viewing the anandabazar.com page, it displayes the page, but with
garbled characters (the bengali fonts are not rendered). The next click on
the page will cause IE to crash with error in MSHTML.dll file. I searched and
found that the seurity update KB918899 is reqd to be installed which is
already present in my laptop. I deleted the TDServer Control.ocx file from
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files and reinstalled it by navigating to the
page, but with same problem.
I cannot install sp3 bcoz this is my office laptop.
As FYI, before the reinstallation of the OS, I was able to view the page.
Any HELP?

"aquarius" wrote:

> Agnivo,
> I read Anandabazar too, and Bartaman Patrika as well - both using the
> bitstream web font player. A few of my friends have had the same complaint as
> yours, but I am not sure how many of them are using a 64-bit OS. For me, I
> use Vista X86 SP1 at home and XP Pro SP3 at work - both with IE8 stable
> release. I have had no problem with Anandabazar till now.
>
> Perhaps you can disable all add-ons and then re-enable them one by one to
> see if that solves your issue. One more suggestion. Delete the TDserver
> ActiveX. Then go to the Anandabazar website through IE8, and re-install the
> ActiveX when prompted. It may work.
>
> With Firefox (I use currently v.3.5) you can use the IETab add-on, which
> emulates IE on FF and allows you to read Anandabazar.
>
> HTH.
>
> Kausik
>
> "Agnivo007" wrote:
>
> > Hi Rob,
> >
> > Using Vista home premium 64bit SP1 updated latest + IE8 32bit, I get the
> > same old problem :-(
> >
> > I have uploaded the screenshots:
> > http://i41.tinypic.com/2mg5r48.jpg
> > http://i40.tinypic.com/2ijtb7q.jpg
> >
> > I guess theres a fix to it or it may be a bug...
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Agnivo,
> > >
> > > No problems on Vista x86 SP1/IE8. Are you using the x86 or x64 version of
> > > IE8 (there are 2 versions installed on x64 OS's)
> > > Many ActiveX controls are incompatible with x64 applications.
> > >
> > > Regards.

aquarius

Re: IE8 crashes with pages using bitstream web font player!
I am afraid I have nothing to offer. Perhaps you can upgrade to at least IE7
or IE8 - without having to upgrade the OS to SP3. You can go to the Internet
Explorer page, and follow the link to the older versions of IE. Download the
executable and run it to install IE7. I know for certain that the TDserver
control activeX works perfectly fine with IE7.

Or, perhaps you can try Firefox 3.5 with the Padma extension...

HTH.

"OnTheSameBoat" wrote:

> Hi,
> I recently reformatted my laptop, and is having XP sp2 with IE6 installed.
> while viewing the anandabazar.com page, it displayes the page, but with
> garbled characters (the bengali fonts are not rendered). The next click on
> the page will cause IE to crash with error in MSHTML.dll file. I searched and
> found that the seurity update KB918899 is reqd to be installed which is
> already present in my laptop. I deleted the TDServer Control.ocx file from
> C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files and reinstalled it by navigating to the
> page, but with same problem.
> I cannot install sp3 bcoz this is my office laptop.
> As FYI, before the reinstallation of the OS, I was able to view the page.
> Any HELP?

Sabyasachi

Re: IE8 crashes with pages using bitstream web font player!
On Jul 23, 12:07*pm, OnTheSameBoat
<OnTheSameB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently reformatted my laptop, and is having XP sp2 with IE6 installed..
> while viewing the anandabazar.com page, it displayes the page, but with
> garbled characters (the bengali fonts are not rendered). The next click on
> the page will cause IE to crash with error in MSHTML.dll file. I searchedand
> found that the seurity update KB918899 is reqd to be installed which is
> already present in my laptop. I deleted the TDServer Control.ocx file from
> C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files and reinstalled it by navigating to the
> page, but with same problem.
> I cannot install sp3 bcoz this is my office laptop.
> As FYI, before the reinstallation of the OS, I was able to view the page.
> Any HELP?"aquarius" wrote:
> > Agnivo,
> > I read Anandabazar too, and Bartaman Patrika as well - both using the
> > bitstream web font player. A few of my friends have had the same complaint as
> > yours, but I am not sure how many of them are using a 64-bit OS. For me, I
> > use Vista X86 SP1 at home and XP Pro SP3 at work - both with IE8 stable
> > release. I have had no problem with Anandabazar till now.

> > Perhaps you can disable all add-ons and then re-enable them one by one to
> > see if that solves your issue. One more suggestion. Delete the TDserver
> > ActiveX. Then go to the Anandabazar website through IE8, and re-installthe
> > ActiveX when prompted. It may work.

> > With Firefox (I use currently v.3.5) you can use the IETab add-on, which
> > emulates IE on FF and allows you to read Anandabazar.

> > HTH.

> > Kausik

> > "Agnivo007" wrote:

> > > Hi Rob,

> > > Using Vista home premium 64bit SP1 updated latest + IE8 32bit, I get the
> > > same old problem :-(

> > > I have uploaded the screenshots:
> > >http://i41.tinypic.com/2mg5r48.jpg
> > >http://i40.tinypic.com/2ijtb7q.jpg

> > > I guess theres a fix to it or it may be a bug...

> > > Thanks

Try disabling the RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for IE from
the manage add on page and then restart the IE.
vaskr

On Aug 15, 6:05*pm, Sabyasachi <sabyasachi....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 12:07*pm, OnTheSameBoat
>
> <OnTheSameB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I recently reformatted my laptop, and is having XP sp2 with IE6 installed.
> > while viewing the anandabazar.com page, it displayes the page, but with
> > garbled characters (the bengali fonts are not rendered). The next clickon
> > the page will cause IE to crash with error in MSHTML.dll file. I searched and
> > found that the seurity update KB918899 is reqd to be installed which is
> > already present in my laptop. I deleted the TDServer Control.ocx file from
> > C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files and reinstalled it by navigating tothe
> > page, but with same problem.
> > I cannot install sp3 bcoz this is my office laptop.
> > As FYI, before the reinstallation of the OS, I was able to view the page.
> > Any HELP?"aquarius" wrote:
> > > Agnivo,
> > > I read Anandabazar too, and Bartaman Patrika as well - both using the
> > > bitstream web font player. A few of my friends have had the same complaint as
> > > yours, but I am not sure how many of them are using a 64-bit OS. For me, I
> > > use Vista X86 SP1 at home and XP Pro SP3 at work - both with IE8 stable
> > > release. I have had no problem with Anandabazar till now.

> > > Perhaps you can disable all add-ons and then re-enable them one by one to
> > > see if that solves your issue. One more suggestion. Delete the TDserver
> > > ActiveX. Then go to the Anandabazar website through IE8, and re-install the
> > > ActiveX when prompted. It may work.

> > > With Firefox (I use currently v.3.5) you can use the IETab add-on, which
> > > emulates IE on FF and allows you to read Anandabazar.

> > > HTH.

> > > Kausik

> Try disabling the RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for IE from
> the manage add on page and then restart the IE.

I had same problem, IE 7 displaying junk. I found a workaround...
Go to a archived anandabazar page e.g. http://www.anandabazar.com/archive/1080818
and notice it displays correctly. After that go back to http://www.anandabazar.com,
the latest page also displays correctly. I have no idea what is the
real issue, but it worked for me.
Santanu

Re: IE8 crashes with pages using bitstream web font player!
Going to the archived anandabazar page and returning to today's page worked
for me as well. Thanks a lot, man....