IE7 open and closes immediately

Margy

IE7 open and closes immediately
IE7 was giving me the following error message:
"The insruction at "0x7c9360dc" referenced memory at "0x0060003." The memory
could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program. Click on Cancel to
debug the program.
I clicked Cancel to debug (as OK to terminate had not achieve anything).
After that it would not open. I then opened with right click - NoAddOns. So
much has happened I can't remember the order of things. I also uninstalled IE
and reinstalled from the WinXP CD. Then Download a fresh IE7 file from the
Microsoft site and installed.
Now IE7 opens and then closes immediately. I am at a loss - if anyone can
assist I will be most grateful.

--
Margy
Durban, South Africa
Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 open and closes immediately
Problems can result when add-ons you have installed are damaged or
conflict with Internet Explorer.

Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

N.B. Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operating system and
cannot be separately uninstalled. All you can do is remove access to the
interface.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Margy wrote:
> IE7 was giving me the following error message:
> "The insruction at "0x7c9360dc" referenced memory at "0x0060003." The memory
> could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program. Click on Cancel to
> debug the program.
> I clicked Cancel to debug (as OK to terminate had not achieve anything).
> After that it would not open. I then opened with right click - NoAddOns. So
> much has happened I can't remember the order of things. I also uninstalled IE
> and reinstalled from the WinXP CD. Then Download a fresh IE7 file from the
> Microsoft site and installed.
> Now IE7 opens and then closes immediately. I am at a loss - if anyone can
> assist I will be most grateful.

Richard Dillon O''''''''''''''''Shea

RE: IE7 open and closes immediately
Margy,

I had same sort of problems after downloading IE8. Make sure you uninstall
IE8 and IE7 and then download IE7 again. That fixed it for me.

"Margy" wrote:

> IE7 was giving me the following error message:
> "The insruction at "0x7c9360dc" referenced memory at "0x0060003." The memory
> could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program. Click on Cancel to
> debug the program.
> I clicked Cancel to debug (as OK to terminate had not achieve anything).
> After that it would not open. I then opened with right click - NoAddOns. So
> much has happened I can't remember the order of things. I also uninstalled IE
> and reinstalled from the WinXP CD. Then Download a fresh IE7 file from the
> Microsoft site and installed.
> Now IE7 opens and then closes immediately. I am at a loss - if anyone can
> assist I will be most grateful.
>
> --
> Margy
> Durban, South Africa