Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage (Displayed everytime?

Paullyie

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage (Displayed everytime?
Hi All,
Just a quick query, running IE8 Version 8.0.6001.18702

Everytime I open Internet Explorer I get the Error Page
'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'
What you can try:
[Diagnose Connection Problems]

Once you click the [Diagnose Connection Problems] button,
the website opens up no problem and you do not need to run through the
diagnose wizard.

If I open a new Tab , I get the same error page.
But yet I can type a new address in the address bar or home page and it
works fine from there.

There are no problems with my LAN/connections or the sites I visit.
I also get this error when opening my home page which is google.ie

Any ideas? is it a know issue?

Look forward to your reply,

Thanks and Regards,
Paullyie

Re: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage (Displayed everytime?
1. Does the behavior persist if you access the page in Compatibility Mode?

2. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

3. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?

4. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

5a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

5b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

Paullyie wrote:
> Hi All,
> Just a quick query, running IE8 Version 8.0.6001.18702
>
> Everytime I open Internet Explorer I get the Error Page
> 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'
> What you can try:
> [Diagnose Connection Problems]
>
> Once you click the [Diagnose Connection Problems] button,
> the website opens up no problem and you do not need to run through the
> diagnose wizard.
>
> If I open a new Tab , I get the same error page.
> But yet I can type a new address in the address bar or home page and it
> works fine from there.
>
> There are no problems with my LAN/connections or the sites I visit.
> I also get this error when opening my home page which is google.ie
>
> Any ideas? is it a know issue?
>
> Look forward to your reply,
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Paullyie

wgm3704 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage (Displayed everytime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paullyie View Post
Hi All,
Just a quick query, running IE8 Version 8.0.6001.18702

Everytime I open Internet Explorer I get the Error Page
'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'
What you can try:
[Diagnose Connection Problems]

Once you click the [Diagnose Connection Problems] button,
the website opens up no problem and you do not need to run through the
diagnose wizard.

If I open a new Tab , I get the same error page.
But yet I can type a new address in the address bar or home page and it
works fine from there.

There are no problems with my LAN/connections or the sites I visit.
I also get this error when opening my home page which is google.ie

Any ideas? is it a know issue?

Look forward to your reply,

Thanks and Regards,
Paullyie
I,too, have exactly the same problem as you do and am looking for some help on this. I was told that increase your DSL speed would help. I did this and it doesn't help. If you find an answer can you notify me

wgm3704@aol.com I sure would appreciate it.

gfdbill is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage (Displayed everytime?
This may be to do with the site you have selected as your Home Page. Some sites are fussy about what browser people are using. Try setting your home page to "Use blank". You should then get Internet Explorer to launch with no error message.

I've just had another thought. Do you have a dial-up link, or a broadband modem that is not "always connected"? Perhaps the clever programers who create this wonderful software have forgotten that not everyone is as well equipped as they are! If that is the case, IE is looking to connect you to your homepage site before you have established a connection. Going through the troubleshooting routine may initiate the connection and that would explain why you can get through to the site afterwards.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to gfdbill For This Useful Post: