Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked

Mike10987

Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked
I have Internet Explorer 7. This past week I started getting a pop-up bar
that says "Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked" when I was attempting to
view websites that I viewed routinely in the past without any issue. The
screen says "There is a problem with this Websites Security Certificate". It
offers two options "Click here to close page" or "Continue to the website
(Not Recommended)". How do I correct this issue?

Re: Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked
Post some example URLs, please.

Mike10987 wrote:
> I have Internet Explorer 7. This past week I started getting a pop-up bar
> that says "Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked" when I was attempting to
> view websites that I viewed routinely in the past without any issue. The
> screen says "There is a problem with this Websites Security Certificate".
> It offers two options "Click here to close page" or "Continue to the
> website
> (Not Recommended)". How do I correct this issue?

Mike10987

Re: Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked
It seems to be happening primarily on sites when I have to enter a password.
For example, I couldn't reply to this post on the PC in question because of
this issue. In addition, my bank account login or my Comcast mailbox login.
Below is the url for Runners World website where I was to enter my login
where it occurred as well.

http://traininglog.runnersworld.com/landingpage.aspx

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Post some example URLs, please.
>
> Mike10987 wrote:
> > I have Internet Explorer 7. This past week I started getting a pop-up bar
> > that says "Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked" when I was attempting to
> > view websites that I viewed routinely in the past without any issue. The
> > screen says "There is a problem with this Websites Security Certificate".
> > It offers two options "Click here to close page" or "Continue to the
> > website
> > (Not Recommended)". How do I correct this issue?

VanguardLH

Mike10987 wrote:

> http://traininglog.runnersworld.com/landingpage.aspx

When I visit that web page, there is an error on that page (see the
lower left corner in the status bar). The error says the web page
doesn't have permissions to access the /js/eluminate.js script file on
their server or they specified a non-existing path. That's something
they will have to fix on their end.

When I click on the Login link, I am taken to:

https://member.rodale.com/cas/login?...security_check

Notice the change in domain (from runnersworld.com to rodale.com). It
is an HTTPS (secure) page. That was as far as I could go since I don't
have an account there but I did get their login web page. Did you
encounter the error before this point (in trying to show the login page)
or was it after you tried to login?

The error you mention probably means the site (which is probably the
rodale.com login page) has an invalid security certificate. The domain
for their SSL cert doesn't match up with the domain that you are at.
However, I didn't get the warning. Have you yet flushed the web
browser's TIF (both files and cookies)? Make sure to also include
favorite sites (i.e., disable the Preserve Favorites option when
deleting files in the TIF). See
https://support.virtbiz.com/index.ph...articl eid=56.

Also, because this is an SSL connect, the time on the server and client
hosts must be within a couple minutes of each other (I don't recall by
how much they are allowed to be different). The handshaking before the
connection is encrypted will check if one end has been idle too long
which invalidates the hash code sent between them. When making an SSL
connect, the attempt times out. If the time is significantly different
between server and client, the handshaking figures it has been too long
and times out the process. So check your time, timezone, and daylight
savings option. If your time is way off (even just a few minutes, or
more) then start using the Windows Time service; however, the default
has every Windows user pointing at the same NTP server which can get
very busy and you might not sync for a long time, so specify a different
NTP server (I haven't done this in a long time and recall you had to add
a registry entry to add other NTP hosts to the list from which you can
select). Or get a 3rd party time sync utility (I use Socketwatch but it
isn't free; Google or search download sites, like download.com or
softpedia.com, on "atomic clock" and "time sync").
Mike10987

Re: Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked
That's it. Thank you. Once I read your note I went into Date & Time and
realized my system had been set back to 2004. Once I put in today's date and
updated to the time.windows.com time and date. I was able to access these
websites again. Not sure how it got changed back to 2004 but I really
appreciate your insight. Have a good one.

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> Mike10987 wrote:
>
> > http://traininglog.runnersworld.com/landingpage.aspx

> When I visit that web page, there is an error on that page (see the
> lower left corner in the status bar). The error says the web page
> doesn't have permissions to access the /js/eluminate.js script file on
> their server or they specified a non-existing path. That's something
> they will have to fix on their end.
>
> When I click on the Login link, I am taken to:
>
> https://member.rodale.com/cas/login?...security_check
>
> Notice the change in domain (from runnersworld.com to rodale.com). It
> is an HTTPS (secure) page. That was as far as I could go since I don't
> have an account there but I did get their login web page. Did you
> encounter the error before this point (in trying to show the login page)
> or was it after you tried to login?
>
> The error you mention probably means the site (which is probably the
> rodale.com login page) has an invalid security certificate. The domain
> for their SSL cert doesn't match up with the domain that you are at.
> However, I didn't get the warning. Have you yet flushed the web
> browser's TIF (both files and cookies)? Make sure to also include
> favorite sites (i.e., disable the Preserve Favorites option when
> deleting files in the TIF). See
> https://support.virtbiz.com/index.ph...articl eid=56.
>
> Also, because this is an SSL connect, the time on the server and client
> hosts must be within a couple minutes of each other (I don't recall by
> how much they are allowed to be different). The handshaking before the
> connection is encrypted will check if one end has been idle too long
> which invalidates the hash code sent between them. When making an SSL
> connect, the attempt times out. If the time is significantly different
> between server and client, the handshaking figures it has been too long
> and times out the process. So check your time, timezone, and daylight
> savings option. If your time is way off (even just a few minutes, or
> more) then start using the Windows Time service; however, the default
> has every Windows user pointing at the same NTP server which can get
> very busy and you might not sync for a long time, so specify a different
> NTP server (I haven't done this in a long time and recall you had to add
> a registry entry to add other NTP hosts to the list from which you can
> select). Or get a 3rd party time sync utility (I use Socketwatch but it
> isn't free; Google or search download sites, like download.com or
> softpedia.com, on "atomic clock" and "time sync").

Happydog is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike10987 View Post

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> Mike10987 wrote:
>
> > The Running Training Log at Runner's World.com
>
> When I visit that web page, there is an error on that page (see the
> lower left corner in the status bar). The error says the web page
> doesn't have permissions to access the /js/eluminate.js script file on
> their server or they specified a non-existing path. That's something
> they will have to fix on their end.
>
> When I click on the Login link, I am taken to:
>
> https://member.rodale.com/cas/login?...security_check
>
> Notice the change in domain (from runnersworld.com to rodale.com). It
> is an HTTPS (secure) page. That was as far as I could go since I don't
> have an account there but I did get their login web page. Did you
> encounter the error before this point (in trying to show the login page)
> or was it after you tried to login?
>
> The error you mention probably means the site (which is probably the
> rodale.com login page) has an invalid security certificate. The domain
> for their SSL cert doesn't match up with the domain that you are at.
> However, I didn't get the warning. Have you yet flushed the web
> browser's TIF (both files and cookies)? Make sure to also include
> favorite sites (i.e., disable the Preserve Favorites option when
> deleting files in the TIF). See
> https://support.virtbiz.com/index.ph...articl eid=56.
>
> Also, because this is an SSL connect, the time on the server and client
> hosts must be within a couple minutes of each other (I don't recall by
> how much they are allowed to be different). The handshaking before the
> connection is encrypted will check if one end has been idle too long
> which invalidates the hash code sent between them. When making an SSL
> connect, the attempt times out. If the time is significantly different
> between server and client, the handshaking figures it has been too long
> and times out the process. So check your time, timezone, and daylight
> savings option. If your time is way off (even just a few minutes, or
> more) then start using the Windows Time service; however, the default
> has every Windows user pointing at the same NTP server which can get
> very busy and you might not sync for a long time, so specify a different
> NTP server (I haven't done this in a long time and recall you had to add
> a registry entry to add other NTP hosts to the list from which you can
> select). Or get a 3rd party time sync utility (I use Socketwatch but it
> isn't free; Google or search download sites, like download.com or
> softpedia.com, on "atomic clock" and "time sync").

Hello all, this is my first post here so please bear with me.
I was reading about this and came across this thread. I fixed this prob by going to ad remove programs/ ad remove windows componants/ then remove IE then I deleted all the cookies I had then rebooted. After I rebooted I re-enabled IE in ad remove programs/ etc...... and now everything is ok.

istvan21 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Bear [MS MVP] View Post

Mike10987 wrote:
> I have Internet Explorer 7. This past week I started getting a pop-up bar
> that says "Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked" when I was attempting to
> view websites that I viewed routinely in the past without any issue. The
> screen says "There is a problem with this Websites Security Certificate".
> It offers two options "Click here to close page" or "Continue to the
> website
> (Not Recommended)". How do I correct this issue?
fixed in your coputer data and clock !!!