To firewalls running at the same time

Dar

To firewalls running at the same time
I haave windows vista home premium sp1. Windows Defender and Kiss is running
on my computer. Both firewall are on and I would like to know if I leave them
both on or turn one of them off. Please help
Dar

RE: To firewalls running at the same time
I put this post in applicationcenter also but I did not know if I would get
an answer because it was added to another question I had asked there. So I
was not sure if it would get answered there or not so I posted it here I hope
that was alright.

"Dar" wrote:

> I haave windows vista home premium sp1. Windows Defender and Kiss is running
> on my computer. Both firewall are on and I would like to know if I leave them
> both on or turn one of them off. Please help

Leonard Grey

Re: To firewalls running at the same time
Only one software firewall at a time.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Dar wrote:
> I haave windows vista home premium sp1. Windows Defender and Kiss is running
> on my computer. Both firewall are on and I would like to know if I leave them
> both on or turn one of them off. Please help

Dar

Re: To firewalls running at the same time
Thank you I do not know how both of them were turned on. I did not do it.
Bought it from best buy and they put what ever needed to be on there and then
I picked it up. Thanks

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Only one software firewall at a time.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Dar wrote:
> > I haave windows vista home premium sp1. Windows Defender and Kiss is running
> > on my computer. Both firewall are on and I would like to know if I leave them
> > both on or turn one of them off. Please help

Kai Schaetzl

Re: To firewalls running at the same time
Two firewalls at the same time is stupid and just calls for trouble. There
is no need for third-party firewalls. Keep the Windows Firewall and
uninstall the third-party firewall.

Kai
--
Helpsites about Windows: http://www.mvps.org
IE repair script: http://iefaq.info

Steve Hebert

Re: To firewalls running at the same time
Windows Defender is not a firewall

Steve

"Dar" <Dar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I haave windows vista home premium sp1. Windows Defender and Kiss is
>running
> on my computer. Both firewall are on and I would like to know if I leave
> them
> both on or turn one of them off. Please help

Dar

Re: To firewalls running at the same time

I am sorry I know that I meant windows firewall. My computer said it was
running two my Kaspersky and windows. So I turned of Windows firewall. I did
not know which one to leave on or which one is the better firewall.