Hotmail Webslice IE 8 missing or no longer functioning.

isaer

Hotmail Webslice IE 8 missing or no longer functioning.
I remember the when I started testing IE 8 there was a hotmail webslice. It
was great.... I have recently reinstalled os on one of my computers,
including the latest version of IE 8... The IE site even has a video saying
that they put the webslice in, however, I no longer see this on the links
bar, and a previous profile on another computer says has the link but it no
longer works.

Does anyone know if this service is down? or has been removed? or if there
is a bug or way to fix it. I really liked the hotmail webslice and would
like to get it back.

namaste
rob^_^

Re: Hotmail Webslice IE 8 missing or no longer functioning.
Hi Isaer,

It is not a web slice. You are thinking of the mail button on the new(er)
Live toolbar from download.live.com?

Ok... a web search shows this

Windows Live Hotmail web slice -English Only - Add-ons Gallery Find add-ons
that enable you to personalize Internet Explorer instantly.
http://www.ieaddons.com/en/details/e...English_Only/?

but the link is dead, so it looks like it has been withdrawn (security
reasons?)

You may like to install the live toolbar from the download link above. It
integrates all of your live services (mail, blogs, profile, photos and
skydive). Clicking the mail button displays a preview of your inbox (when
logged in) in a small popup webslice like window.

Regards.

"isaer" <isaer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I remember the when I started testing IE 8 there was a hotmail webslice.
> It
> was great.... I have recently reinstalled os on one of my computers,
> including the latest version of IE 8... The IE site even has a video
> saying
> that they put the webslice in, however, I no longer see this on the links
> bar, and a previous profile on another computer says has the link but it
> no
> longer works.
>
> Does anyone know if this service is down? or has been removed? or if there
> is a bug or way to fix it. I really liked the hotmail webslice and would
> like to get it back.
>
> namaste

Re: Hotmail Webslice IE 8 missing or no longer functioning.
[Actually, some "backend" work's being done on Hotmail so YMMV. See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...35587077eb5ad]